***The Chelsea and Mourinho Thread***

allyharp

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EVENING TIMES

He is Avram Grant, 52, a close friend of Roman Abramovich, and whose summer arrival at the club as Director of Football so enraged Mourinho.

Abramovich saw Grant as the man to get the best out of misfiring striker Andriy Shevchenko, and Mourinho finally agreed to his arrival on the understanding he did not to interfere with team affairs.

However, the Israeli's position was strengthened with a seat on the board - and a salary reputed to be £800,000-a-year.

I'd be very worried if I was a Chelsea fan. They have just lost the best manager in the world, replaced him with a nobody and their owner and CEO are a bunch of tossers.

But what the f*ck do I care!!!

I'm absolutely GUTTED abouted this and I'm not even a Chelsea fan.

Who in all honesty can they get that uis better than Jose?

Abramovich has throwen his toys out the pram again and this is the biggest mistake yet!

i think shevchenko had a big part in this. mourinho obviously didnt want to play him but abramovich obviously did and we know from the hertz crisis between romanov and his managers that it hasnt worked when the owner wants certain players to play.

Chelsea could face a fight to keep hold of several of their best players after the departure of Jose Mourinho.

Defender Ricardo Carvalho said: "It is a very sad day for me and the team. I had a big offer from Real Madrid but I stayed at Chelsea because of Mourinho."

And summer signing Florent Malouda added: "I joined Chelsea because of my first meeting with Mourinho."

Several reports claim striker Didier Drogba is "furious and upset" at the parting of the ways between Chelsea and their charismatic Portuguese coach.

AC Milan are admirers of the Ivory Coast striker and would happily finance a move to take him to the San Siro.

Drogba, 29, was Chelsea's top scorer with 33 goals last season.

Reports elsewhere claim Michael Essien and Paulo Ferreira, both brought to Chelsea by Mourinho, may also be mulling over whether to stay at the club.

A huge question mark will also hang over the future of England midfield man Frank Lampard, who has already put talks on a new contract on hold and was regarded as one of Mourinho's most trusted lieutenants in the dressing room.

Lampard has long been linked with a move to Spain with either Real Madrid or Barcelona.

I'm with Mourinho on this one, Shevchenko is not a sh*te player but he has been sh*te for Chelsea and is not suited to English football.

I wouldn't want or play him either. Abramovich is an ersehole who knows nothing about football, I dont anyone like him near our club!

Thought this would be the case, I can see them losing Carvalho, Cech, Terry, Cole, Lampard, Essien, Malouda, Makelele and Drogba. I also think that Grant guy will flop.

Just shows how great a guy and manager Jose is!