AC Milan v Parma match thread

bluenose_72

milan will celebrate ronaldo's 31st birthday today - but he wont playing as he is still out injured!

milan make 1 change from side that beat benfica 2-1, brocchi in for the injured gattuso. milan are looking for their first home win of the season and shouldnt have much problems against a parma side who have 2 points from 3 serie a games so far.

my prediction is a 3-1 milan win!

1-0 MILLLLAAAAANNN!!! Goal from seedorf right before half time. great skill by kaka who then crossed over to super pippo who volleyed it, the keeper saved it and seedorf put in the rebound from about 3 yards!

and thats now half time. AC Milan 1-0 Parma

thats 1-1. great skill by reginaldo, eased past nesta played the ball to pisanu and he just curled it into the far corner. milan should have had at least 2 by now so they really have been punished for not taken their chances! seedorf has just come off for gila.

what a chance for gila right at the end. about 7 yards out, he volleys it right into the arms of the goalkeeper. <cr>

thats it finished 1-1 and the only thing to sum up that game is - i cant wait until ronaldo is back! you can tell we are badly needing him up front. kaka hasnt hit top gear yet this season although he played better tonight than he did against benfica even though milans team performance was better in midweek than against parma tonight. the commentators had a point that milan dont seem to bring their european form into domestic games and that will have to be looked into. but despite all this we should have won that game tonight. we had the chances to win it (although parma had some late on) and we just didnt take them! 3 consecutive 1-1 draws......not great times at the san siro im afraid :(

We're just no good in Serie A and haven't been for 3 seasons now.

We don't seem to produce a quarter of the quality domestically that we do in Europe.

It's as schizophrenic a team as there is.

As for Kaka, he is regularly sub par in Serie A. If him getting the ball, going out wide then passing to Seedorf is him playing better, then my word he needs to buck up his ideas!

One good reverse pass to Pirlo was his grand sum of decent contribution.

By no means was he our worst performer; Nesta had an uncharacteristically poor game, being utterly skinned at least twice, one occasion leading to their equaliser.

We just don't seem to have any direction in the league.

did you see the game against benfica? if you did then you will have realised that kaka was much better tonight!

i think saying we have been no good in serie for 3 seasons is a bit dramatic. in the days of sheva we'd win games with ease at the san siro in serie a! in his last season we won 18 drew 1 at the san siro which is a very impressive record - even you couldnt deny that! but it seems since sheva left we have struggled domestically, even though we had a resurgance when ronaldo arrived but that has halted since he got injured, thast why i now cant wait until he comes back!

did you see the game against benfica? if you did then you will have realised that kaka was much better tonight!

Is it enough? God no. World's best player isn't playing like his rep. Not in the league anyway.

i think saying we have been no good in serie for 3 seasons is a bit dramatic.

Have we challenged for Serie A?

Seriously? That's the benchmark for Milan.

in the days of sheva we'd win games with ease at the san siro in serie a! in his last season we won 18 drew 1 at the san siro which is a very impressive record - even you couldnt deny that! but it seems since sheva left we have struggled domestically, even though we had a resurgance when ronaldo arrived but that has halted since he got injured, thast why i now cant wait until he comes back!

Time can be such a healer. You don't remember the number of utterly awful displays even when Sheva was here? I sure do. He bailed us out time and time again, he didn't cause us to gub opposition.

Anyway, enough of our differing views:

We both agree tonight and the previous 2 games aren't enough for a side with illusions of winning Serie A, surely.

Is it enough? God no. World's best player isn't playing like his rep. Not in the league anyway.

no its not enough i was simply comparing his last 2 performances - both of which we will agree were below par but he was better tonight than against benfica where pirlo stole the show.

Have we challenged for Serie A?

Seriously? That's the benchmark for Milan.

in the 05-06 season it went down to the last day of the season and the season before that there was only 6 or 7 points in it(although we should be getting closer). and to milan serie a comes 2nd anyway. galliani has stated in the past few years that champions league is priority. id rather we go for both and not prioritise one when we are more than capable of winning both.

Time can be such a healer. You don't remember the number of utterly awful displays even when Sheva was here? I sure do. He bailed us out time and time again, he didn't cause us to gub opposition.

Anyway, enough of our differing views:

We both agree tonight and the previous 2 games aren't enough for a side with illusions of winning Serie A, surely.

but tonight was a night where (dare i say it) we badly needed a sheva. you seen that chance that fell to gila in the last few seconds and you know sheva would have finished that!

yeh i agree with you on that (god we dont agree on much). its been a disastrous start to the season and surely it cant get much worse?!(i hope :craphead: )

but tonight was a night where (dare i say it) we badly needed a sheva. you seen that chance that fell to gila in the last few seconds and you know sheva would have finished that!

*shudder* Dudek :(

yeh i agree with you on that (god we dont agree on much). its been a disastrous start to the season and surely it cant get much worse?!(i hope :craphead: )

What amazed me after the Siena game was being in fifth place.

*shudder* Dudek :(

*shudders aswell* :(

What amazed me after the Siena game was being in fifth place.

:lol:

that amazed me aswell! i looked at the table after that game and thought - oh shit we could be in the bottom half of the table come the end of the weekend!

just checked the fixtures for the next matchday(which is on wednesday) and im afraid it doesnt get any easier with an away trip to palermo :( considering our current form i think we'll struggle there!

here are the other fixtures

Catania - Empoli

Fiorentina - Roma

Genoa - Udinese

Inter - Sampdoria

Juventus - Reggina

Lazio - Cagliari

Napoli - Livorno

Palermo - Milan

Parma - Torino

Siena - Atalanta