Walter Smith is the next Rangers manager

Ayebrox

First of all, I realise I'm not a regular poster on here so many of you may be cynical. If any of you are part of the forum, which I won't name out of respect for this one, that Rod and Witz run, perhaps you could back me up as a reliable poster (tu)

I was on the verge of heading out there, but got a phone call from one of the most reliable sources you could ever ask for. I'm not giving any clues as to who it is because he/she is a good friend of my family, but this is the real deal, I promise you

Walter Smith will be the manager.

Ally McCoist will be his assistant.

I was very clear when I asked for confirmation that this was the roles they would have. Walter will not be in an upstairs role, he is the MANAGER.

I asked are you sure umpteen times, he/she is certain. After around the 11th ask, probably just to shut me up, they said,ok, I'm 99% sure. So perhaps there are still contractual details to be ironed out, compensation with the SFA, etc

I'll put my head on the block and say I fully expect Walter Smith and Ally McCoist to be announced as Rangers new management team sooner rather than later.

Make of that what you will, but I wouldn't say this unless I had complete confidence in the source.

I'll be back on later, just thought I'd post this before I head out

I will wait for official confirmation. No offence but i trust nobody when it comes to rumours and i won't start now. If it is announced that Walter is the manager then i will gladly apolagise for not believing you but as it stands nothing is certain and i will only believe what is certain.

Wouldn't it have been better to post that you are certain, in the title?

You could be wrong.

Until it is official, I believe nothing.

Fair enough, would have been a better choice of words, but from what I understand it is only basic contractual discussions and compensation packages to be sorted out, and they are absolutely certain there will be no problems with these issues, it's just a matter of getting it done (tu)

When ya get back, let us know the address for the old BBC OF forum (tu)

That's not the fourm I'm on now, I'm still signed up but it's not the one I'm referring to.

Like I said, if anyone who is on Rod/Witz's forum is on here, maybe you could tell everyone I'm not a nutter looking for attention ;)

I was physically shaking when the Barry news broke, I felt numb. Then PLG gets sacked and the circus begins. I know how tough it is being a fan and not knowing, so although there is only one forum I regularly post on, I'm going round all the others to let other fans know.

Perhaps I'm being naive that it will help and you'll all believe me, but I still thought it was worth posting (tu)

I still want Davies simply because i think a manager should never go back.

I want Davies too. Maybe the compensation fee would be a problem tho or Murray is not interested. At this time he has to get it right tho and I am pretty sure he is more than aware of what Davies is doing at the moment.

The bookies have made fortunes off punters on the next managers book over the years.Lost count of the amount of times someone has been made gambled into a short priced favourite & the punters flock on thinking somebody knows owt, bookies then say no more takers the books shut & it goes to another dude.Dont be taken in by this. <tankkk>