Can we really afford NOT to spend BIG in January

nvager

We do not need to spend huge sums of money, we just need to find the right player(s) to fit into the weakest areas i.e. Defence.

Price does not mean quality ... look at Sebo & compare his price to Larsson.

We do not need to spend huge sums of money, we just need to find the right player(s) to fit into the weakest areas i.e. Defence.

Price does not mean quality ... look at Sebo & compare his price to Larsson.

its pretty hard though, and Larsson is probably the best example of a cheap buy becoming a phenominon

Depends on a managers luck?

Guest gersandproud

Spending big doesn't always work - penny pinching rarely works - if we stumble on through with the worst defence in living memory - we deserve to all we get.

we need to spend money on a quality centre back. I am talking at least ?2m on a big strong experienced centre back who can head the ball. who thats going to be i have no idea though. I believe that our failure to spend money last year bar kris boyd has cost us upwards of ?12m because i think if we had spent some money then we would have finished 2nd and got into the champions league. Our debt has been reduced so i dont see why we cant spend ?3-4m in jan.

I'm not sure we have to spend that large to improve at winter

russell anderson wouldnt cost too much - esp with Gavin Rae thrown in - and anybody else - i would expect anyone decent is cup tied for europe or isnt worth it

(im not saying anderson is the answer to our problems, just the most likely signing)