* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

We'd get 3 at most.

That aside, Forrest, Ntcham, McGregor and Rogic are miles ahead of anything we have in midfield. That's the biggest difference.

Just can’t compete against it. Depressing seeing that midfield knowing we have two loanees and an ex Falkirk and Aberdeen free agent.

Just now, G.E.C. said:

Just can’t compete against it. Depressing seeing that midfield knowing we have two loanees and an ex Falkirk and Aberdeen free agent.

Yup. 

Them v Jack, Arfield, Ejaria and Kent is a mismatch. 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

We'd get 3 at most.

That aside, Forrest, Ntcham, McGregor and Rogic are miles ahead of anything we have in midfield. That's the biggest difference.

I think we would get about 4 or 5 IMO although a few could go either way. I think we would have 3 of the back 5.

McGregor over Gordon

Tav over Lustig

Goldson would also get in although he's been a little shaky recently. The other centre half i'm not sure. Defo not Boyata. I'm just not having that. Not seen much of the Leicester guy so I guess it would be between him, Katic and Worrall. Overall both defences are a bit vulnerable.

Tierney probably takes LB

Kent vs Sinclair on the left could go either way. I'd give Kent the edge (probably biased).

I think the Morelos vs Edouard would be a close call but if you're picking a best 11 you'd do all you could to get both in. 

But you're right, although overall we may have slightly better individuals defensively IMO, Rogic, N'tcham, Forrest, McGregor and even Christie are the difference. They have goals and assists all across their midfield. We don't. That's what gives them the edge.

All things considered we're not in the worst position considering how last season ended. It's certainly not insurmountable. We're just so lacking in midfield. We have a lot of defensive midfielders whereas they have a lot of offensive players, pun intended. I also don't think it's a coincidence they are better without the lego man. 

If we can keep it close going into the January window and somehow find a bit of magic middle to front it could get very interesting. They may not be world beaters but even having Murphy and Dorrans unavailable hasn't helped. If we had either available it would just have given us a bit more spark or creativity in the final third as you could have had Kent as an 11, Candieas a 7, Murphy a 10, Dorrans an  8. We're pretty much playing 3 defensive minded midfielders most games. Gone are the days when we'd have a front 6 featuring the likes of GVB, Albertz, McCann, De Boer, Arteta, Reyna, Tugay, Ferguson, Arveladze, Cannigia, Lovenkrands, Mols, Prso, Buffel, Novo etc! Obviously I don't expect the level of player. I just wish we had more forward thinking players in the front 6.

Oh, and fuck those cunts too!

Archived