* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dunno why they keep saying "aye but PSG can do that to anybody" - aye they can , but it helps them if you go out and open up to them, and then when 3 -0 down try and press even further up the park. If they are that far ahead - which they are - you park the bus plain and simple. Messi called us doing it "anti-football"? who gives a fuck when you are not annihilated at home and walk away with a point?

Thats where the kudos comes in. You dont get kudos for walking away with your worst defeat in europe. "at least we gave it a go" is for the playground. Not the CL.

"Adrien Rabiot was the highest-rated player and he could only manage an eight. The midfielder was imperious throughout and produced one of the great performances on Scottish soil in recent memory."

From the DR. Cause broony couldnae get near him, its "one of the great performances on scottish soil in recent memory"

Honest tae fuck. He cruised it because he was allowed to.

celtic have been charged by Uefa after a fan ran on to the pitch and appeared to aim a kick at Paris St-Germain striker Kylian Mbappe.

The incident happened late in the first half of Tuesday's Champions League match at celtic Park, shortly after the visitors' third goal in a 5-0 win.

PSG also face a charge after seats were damaged in the away section.

The cases will be dealt with by Uefa's control, ethics and disciplinary body on 19 October.

Police Scotland reported seven arrests at the match, including a 21-year-old man charged with alleged pitch incursion and assault.

celtic manager Brendan Rodgers said he was pleased the rest of the sell-out crowd booed the intruder.

"I think their reaction said it all," he said. "It was disappointing at any ground, at any club, a supporter getting on the pitch like that.

"It was bitterly disappointing and I am sure the club will deal with whoever that supporter was. It shouldn't be anything that we should see.

"I think the stewards dealt with it at the time and I am sure the club will deal with it."

In July, celtic were fined £20,600 after an "illicit banner" was displayed during their qualifying win over Linfield.

It was the club's 11th punishment in six years relating to misconduct from supporters during European ties.

Following the initial charge, they announced a two-game closure of the area of the stadium occupied by ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ fans' group.

Also not to forget they have fans knocking other fans out inside the ground ffs . Get yer Loyalty Card for UEFA out Liewell 

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

dunno why they keep saying "aye but PSG can do that to anybody" - aye they can , but it helps them if you go out and open up to them, and then when 3 -0 down try and press even further up the park. If they are that far ahead - which they are - you park the bus plain and simple. Messi called us doing it "anti-football"? who gives a fuck when you are not annihilated at home and walk away with a point?

Thats where the kudos comes in. You dont get kudos for walking away with your worst defeat in europe. "at least we gave it a go" is for the playground. Not the CL.

It's a pathetic get out. Yes PSG are a top team but they, and many other teams are not unstoppable. Taigs kept giving the ball away easily, they failed to track their runners and were continually out of position. Every goal was easily preventable. As some have mentioned MON teams would never have lost or played in that manner.

And that's not even getting into the fact they've made about 60million over the past few seasons yet have a defence made up of a mentalist teenager, a right back playing centre half and a centre half they've been trying to punt for about 18 months.

Taig fans are so deluded that they thought getting PR7 ( No laughing now) back on loan was a massive coup! They've not improved IMO. Rogic and even McGregor look better than the new Pogba and 3 strikers don't go into 1. Liewell has duped their deluded fans again!

1 minute ago, Dan Deacon said:

One thing I noted last night which we need to watch in the of is the 2 wingers rarely look to play a first time ball into box and kept taking on the defender to get into the box. 

your right. We can afford to double up when the wingers get the ball as they dont throw in a lot of crosses.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

your right. We can afford to double up when the wingers get the ball as they dont throw in a lot of crosses.

Indeed. We'll either need the wingers tracking back offering full backs support or if a ch comes out to block runs into box Jack to sit in for them in the middle 

8 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

celtic have been charged by Uefa after a fan ran on to the pitch and appeared to aim a kick at Paris St-Germain striker Kylian Mbappe.

The incident happened late in the first half of Tuesday's Champions League match at celtic Park, shortly after the visitors' third goal in a 5-0 win.

PSG also face a charge after seats were damaged in the away section.

The cases will be dealt with by Uefa's control, ethics and disciplinary body on 19 October.

Police Scotland reported seven arrests at the match, including a 21-year-old man charged with alleged pitch incursion and assault.

celtic manager Brendan Rodgers said he was pleased the rest of the sell-out crowd booed the intruder.

"I think their reaction said it all," he said. "It was disappointing at any ground, at any club, a supporter getting on the pitch like that.

"It was bitterly disappointing and I am sure the club will deal with whoever that supporter was. It shouldn't be anything that we should see.

"I think the stewards dealt with it at the time and I am sure the club will deal with it."

In July, celtic were fined £20,600 after an "illicit banner" was displayed during their qualifying win over Linfield.

It was the club's 11th punishment in six years relating to misconduct from supporters during European ties.

Following the initial charge, they announced a two-game closure of the area of the stadium occupied by ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ fans' group.

Also not to forget they have fans knocking other fans out inside the ground ffs . Get yer Loyalty Card for UEFA out Liewell 

Brenda saying he was pleased by the crowd booing at the guy or maybe they were booing the stewards taking him away, or maybe they were booing because the bheast made a cunt of the kick :lol:

Neymar Joust enjoyable says ralston 

The refusal of a handshake from the world's most expensive player capped an eventful first Champions League start for celtic's Anthony Ralston.

The full-back, 18, had a running duel with Brazilian star Neymar as Paris St-Germain left Glasgow with a 5-0 win.

Neymar got the better of Ralston for the opening goal and the pair clashed physically and verbally throughout a torrid evening for the home side.

"I will take a lot from the experience and move on," said Ralston.

"It is only going to help me become a better player."

Ralston was caught flat-footed as Neymar raced clear to score on 15 minutes, with Kylian Mbappe and Edinson Cavani adding further goals before half time.

Late in a one-sided game, celtic defender Mikael Lustig put through his own goal before Cavani headed in his second.

"I enjoyed coming up against him," said Ralston of his tussle with Neymar, who moved to Paris from Barcelona for a £200m fee last month.

"I didn't fear him at all," said Ralston. "I knew I was coming up against him. I went out and faced him head on.

"It was a good test for me to see where I am at, what level I am at. I am my biggest critic. I'll go analyse the game and see what I can do better."

Neymar and Ralston exchanged words during the game, with the celtic teenager having a kiss blown his way at one point.

"It is just part and parcel of it," said the Scotland Under-21 international. "It is the mental side of the game, these things happen, it's football, you move on. It wasn't a big deal at all.

"Again I am learning. It was just talking back and forth, that was all it was."

The bickering continued after the full-time whistle as Neymar turned down the offer of a handshake.

"I was just walking by and [Marco] Verratti was there as well, it was just a moment. He said what he said and I said something back and that was it.

"To be honest, I don't care about that side of things at the end, I don't want to dwell on that too much."

Ralston, making just his fifth start for celtic, was given plenty of time to prepare for such a big night by manager Brendan Rodgers.

"The gaffer let me know a week ago, to get myself prepared, get it in my head," he said.

"It was a very exciting week for me knowing I was getting this opportunity. I prepared myself right.

"It was a very special night, crazy, a brilliant atmosphere.

"On a personal note, for me as celtic fan all my life, to be able to come out and play in a Champions League night is a dream come true.

"Obviously we are not happy with the result. But on a personal level to come in and get the experience like that is something I will take a lot from."

Rodgers was critical of his side's first-half display but had words of encouragement for Ralston.

"Overall for him as an 18-year-old coming into that I thought he was excellent," said the manager. "In fairness, it was a difficult start for him early on.

"For the first goal when Neymar scored we had the ball and he is on the way up the pitch and then we concede the ball cheaply and then his pace takes him in behind.

"But I thought he stood up to it, he had some great blocks and the experience Tony will gain from that will be huge. He has played his first Champions League game against one of the best players in the world and in general I thought he coped very, very well."

laughter.gif  

5 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Apparently they are allowed by UEFA rules to do it, but not in domestic games.....or something like that.

*** Did that Roberts not play against Man. City last year?

From what I believe, loan players can play against their parent club in Scotland too. Apparently it's down to a "Gentlemen's Agreement"

8 minutes ago, Dougie_B said:

From what I believe, loan players can play against their parent club in Scotland too. Apparently it's down to a "Gentlemen's Agreement"

That possibly could be the case,Dougie, but not one I'm aware of offhand and I certainly can't remember any player from Rangers playing against us in a competitive match. I'm  sure MOH won't play when we come up against St.Johnston for example.

7 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

That possibly could be the case,Dougie, but not one I'm aware of offhand and I certainly can't remember any player from Rangers playing against us in a competitive match. I'm  sure MOH won't play when we come up against St.Johnston for example.

Look it up - it's part of the SPFL Competition Rules - the cannot play against Lending Club in any domestic competition; European matches are obviously different.

Archived