* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Decent enough, but it bothers me that two years and millions of pounds later Hibs are still a far better big game side than us. 

Was thinking the same. Just don't we are actually that good.

Smaller teams normally buy well and have it easier though with less pressure.

Still though, we need to fucking improve drastically.

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

They had a number of players out today. Still a good result though. 

Sure but football's always a squad game, it shouldn't be impossible for us to get a result against them despite the wage bill gap but based on recent times it seems to be, they ended up comfortable winners at Ibrox last week despite not playing that well

It's turned out to be a good weekend for us anyway so I'm not trying to act miserable but I think with the way the fixtures worked out we could have been in a far better position going into a spell of harder fixtures

14 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Good news but makes you wonder more about our capitulation last week

It's different against us, they hate us, their players hate us, their manager hate us, they love nothing more than beating us. 

The day was like a fenian, love in, friendly game. 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

It's different against us, they hate us, their players hate us, their manager hate us, they love nothing more than beating us. 

The day was like a fenian, love in, friendly game. 

I know it's always been like that, equally we should be hoping for something extra from our lot as well though

We need to find some way anyway, we're unlikely to even get a cup win without finding a way to get a result against them never mind the league

1 minute ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Yeah if the better team on paper raise their game against you. Then yeah you will ultimately lose.

Sounds a bit simplistic, given the nature of those games our team should be going above and beyond also. Then there's ones like last week and where the tarriers didn't even seem to think their team played that well but still ended up winning comfortably in the second half

Obviously it's not going to be easy it rarely was even in better times, but it kind of sounds like you're saying we'd be as well not even bothering to try and get something against them. Forgetting the league we'll not even be able to win a cup without getting past them unless another team happens to put them out which we can hardly rely on

15 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Dundee(H) Aberdeen(A) Killie(H) St Johnstone(A) Ross County(A) Partick(H) Motherwell(H) Hibs(A) Hamilton(H) Hearts(A) Aberdeen(H) Dundee(A) Us(H)

St Johnstone(A) Killie(H) Hearts(A) Partick(H) Hamilton(H) Dundee(A) Aberdeen(H) Aberdeen(A) Ross County(H) Hibs(A) Killie(A) Motherwell(H) Scum(A)

We have 10 exact same fixtures as the scum in the next 13 right up until the winter break. Cup final alternations depending? The other two are very similar sides. The big one is away to the scum. If you offered me 6 points behind them after those 13 fixtures right now, would bite your hands off! 

St Johnstone, County and Hibs away are fixtures I think the scum could really struggle in due to focus on CL. If we stay in touching distancing, them being in the EL might actually become a beneficial factor for us, well so I can hope!

If you take out the taig game (which is a potential Morelos penalty claim to go 1 up or a Morelos chance from 6 yards to make it 1-1 from being game changers) then there's nothing in it, which i think is quite incredible considering we've been slaughtered by all and sundry and the taigs have been praised to the high heavens.

We both beat Hamilton 4-1 (us with ten men), we both struggled at Partick (they got lucky with a late pen claim against them with us drawing and then winning in the cup in ET), we both struggled at home to the Edinburgh taigs (we were wrongly down to 10 men), we both pumped Dundee, and we've also had decent wins away to Motherwell and Ross County.

They will absolutely drop more points. We just need to get our heads down and somehow try to keep winning games and build some momentum and put these cunts under some real pressure for once. They've had it all far too easy, and it's so much easier to play with freedom and confidence without someone breathing down your neck. Let's give these cunts something to think about..................

38 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Sure but football's always a squad game, it shouldn't be impossible for us to get a result against them despite the wage bill gap but based on recent times it seems to be, they ended up comfortable winners at Ibrox last week despite not playing that well

It's turned out to be a good weekend for us anyway so I'm not trying to act miserable but I think with the way the fixtures worked out we could have been in a far better position going into a spell of harder fixtures

As shite as it is, unfortunately their squad is miles ahead of any others in this league, including ours. If they play at their best in any domestic game they are winning it all day long. They will always make sure they are right up for any game against us. They weren't great in the first half last week but in the second half we barely laid a glove on them. 

Our best chance of beating them is to make chances early on, take them and rattle them. 

6 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Strangely enough I think this squad is probably better suited to an OF game at the piggery than at home, for some reason we struggle at Ibrox.

The sheep double header will be tough but if ever there was a chance to build momentum and put pressure on them it's now.

It's always been my feeling that we can outdo them at the piggery.

Archived