* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That 5 defeats in last 6 games for Them yet Sutton is in press today saying they can compete with Europe's best with a few new players. That could go for any team. 

Even St Brendans Plan B Is do Plan A better isn't getting criticised when it's getting Them humiliated all over Europe. 

He truly is above criticism. 

25 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

That 5 defeats in last 6 games for Them yet Sutton is in press today saying they can compete with Europe's best with a few new players. That could go for any team. 

Even St Brendans Plan B Is do Plan A better isn't getting criticised when it's getting Them humiliated all over Europe. 

He truly is above criticism. 

Well, they can. If the word 'few' means eleven. 

10 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If they had chosen a disabled person, or someone in rehab that would've been fine with me.  I have no problem with those type of people.

In terms of the 12th man award season ticket holders were asked to put forward a short statement on what Rangers meant to them.  Anyone could do it and mines along with nine other fans were picked.  We were invited along to the POTY awards, met the team, got the award, had a nice dinner and a few drinks.  It was a good laugh.  Never met anyone from RangersMedia but there was a lad from DoTheBouncy which is another lesser known Rangers forum.

The bit in bold above is technically not quite true as my daughter was also one of the supporters to collect the award and she has never had a season ticket, but the rest is bang on..!!

This is how it should be told.

By Kris Boyd
23rd November 2017, 10:38 pm
IT was like a 20-handicapper at golf birdieing the first but then shooting 100.

Where’s the pride in that?

Rodgers and his men troop off after they lost 7-1 to PSG midweek
Moussa Dembele’s early goal against PSG was great to see.

But I’m sorry, anyone who says there are positives to take from celtic’s defeat needs to give themselves a shake.

Is Brendan Rodgers immune from criticism?

Is he so untouchable right now that people are scared to call it like it is?

Because that’s what it seems like.

celtic go on about their history as a club but Rodgers has now been manager for three of their worst results ever.

Barcelona in the Nou Camp. Now two tankings from PSG.

In fact, when you throw in the night they couldn’t beat Lincoln Red Imps in Gibraltar it’s four games they’ve let themselves down.

Forget all this talk about how celtic couldn’t do anything to stop Paris Saint-Germain scoring seven in the Parc des Princes.

I’m just not having it.

Dembele gave celtic a brilliant start netting inside first minute
The only good news for celtic fans is that the doing they got is probably going to keep Rodgers in Scotland longer than he’d maybe like.

Because for me the big clubs in England he’ll fancy managing one day soon won’t be impressed by his team’s performances against the big boys.

That’s where he’s judged.

People down south don’t rate Scottish football so they want to see how he does when he steps into the Champions League.

Qualifying for it in the first place is an achievement.

But c’mon, being battered time and again is doing no one any good and, for the life of me, I can’t understand why Rodgers isn’t getting slated for it.

Put it this way, in four games Neymar has played against celtic the aggregate score is now 21-1. And I’d bet he’s not even got a bruise on his leg.

No matter the standard of opposition, that’s just embarrassing.

I could sit here and go through the performance the other night and single out individuals but this column only goes over two pages.

I’d need the whole paper.

But it all boils down to the way celtic set up and how open they leave themselves when they should be shutting up shop.

It’s all very good Rodgers saying he’s got a football philosophy.

We’d all like to play football the way it should be played.

But sometimes you need to accept that’s only playing into the hands of the best players in the world.

Neymar couldn’t have had it any easier the other night.

Surely Rodgers has to pick a team and go with a system that makes life hard for the Brazilian.

There will be celtic supporters reading this shaking their heads but I bet there will be some who, deep down, agree with me.

There’s no shame in being defensive.

I just don’t get this argument that there are positives to take from that performance and humiliating defeat.

Not when it’s happened before.

The 7-0 defeat to Barcelona was bad last season and then the 5-0 defeat to PSG at Parkhead was another dull one to take.

PSG star trio Neymar, Mbappe and Cavani were all on target
Bayern Munich also ripped celtic apart at their place in another demolition job.

Last season celtic played well against Man City home and away and got tremendous credit.

But the game in Manchester didn’t mean anything to Pep Guardiola’s side because they were already through.

I’ve also had a look at the team that finished that game and City played kids who have hardly been seen since.

I just don’t understand why Rodgers thinks it’s fine to lose heavily in these big games.

But then it was similar at Liverpool where his results in Europe weren’t brilliant either.

In 2014 they were in the Champions League and finished third in a group that included Real Madrid, Basel and Ludogorets.

I can also remember reading Steven Gerrard’s book where he talked about the night Liverpool played Chelsea in the league.

Gerrard talked about how Rodgers went into that game confident Liverpool would blow Jose Mourinho’s side away.

He said how it worried him at the time because he knew that would play into the Chelsea gaffer’s hands.

‘We should have spoilt the game and made it ugly,’ he said.

celtic can’t continue to play teams of the standard of PSG and Barcelona and think they’re going to get away with going toe to toe.

Neymar showed his class in clash at the Parc des Princes
It was brilliant when they took the lead from that early corner.

But after that their defending wasn’t good enough. For me they had to realise what was coming and do something about it.

I remember Rangers being thumped by Juventus during Walter Smith’s first spell as manager.

He was slaughtered for the way his team were ripped apart by an Italian side that were as good as anything around at that time.

But Walter learned lessons. By the time he was manager for his second stint he realised there was no point in trying to mix it with the best.

We lost games in Europe but we were always able to walk off the park with our heads held high.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Celebrating taigs being binned is taig patter away dry the steam aff yer specks Jim 

aye it is, fucking taig, come on mods sort this shit out, you have a taig in your midst, well 2 but gogzy is admin so he's really humped you lot over

fucking RM moderating team are all fucking taigs, there i said it, somecunt had to

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

aye it is, fucking taig, come on mods sort this shit out, you have a taig in your midst, well 2 but gogzy is admin so he's really humped you lot over

fucking RM moderating team are all fucking taigs, there i said it, somecunt had to

Hahaha fucking meltdown 

fuck up ya specky hot dog 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

im calling you out as a taig, and you dont have an PM's between us to post so get it right up ye

Don't let on it was me that told you, specky hotdog, hooooowever...

KAI has a taig brother. Might be able to get him punted on that. Worth a try if Mods are being difficult.

Archived