* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, HG5 said:

Scum haven’t looked any great shakes today, that’s for sure.

They haven't looked any great shakes for most of the season. There can't be a more overrated team in world football.

We've been pish this season with a lot of disruption off the field. Poor refereeing decisions have directly cost us points whereas poor refereeing decisions have directly gained them points. We've also lost the only OF game of the season yet still manage to find ourselves just 5 points behind (albeit they have a game in hand but points on the board have always been more important than games in hand).

Obviously they're massive favourites for the league but if we can get our shit together a bit and those refereeing decisions even themselves out over the course of the season like we're always told they do then I don't see why we can't put up a credible challenge for this league.

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

They haven't looked any great shakes for most of the season. There can't be a more overrated team in world football.

We've been pish this season with a lot of disruption off the field. Poor refereeing decisions have directly cost us points whereas poor refereeing decisions have directly gained them points. We've also lost the only OF game of the season yet still manage to find ourselves just 5 points behind (albeit they have a game in hand but points on the board have always been more important than games in hand).

Obviously they're massive favourites for the league but if we can get our shit together a bit and those refereeing decisions even themselves out over the course of the season like we're always told they do then I don't see why we can't put up a credible challenge for this league.

Losing to Hamilton and Dundee, whilst we have been dominant and not taking chances have fucked us at this stage. Not some bizarre refereeing decision conspiracy.

5 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Losing to Hamilton and Dundee, whilst we have been dominant and not taking chances have fucked us at this stage. Not some bizarre refereeing decision conspiracy.

Every team will drop silly points, but we hace been robbed of at least 9 if not more, can you say the same about the tarriers? 

3 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

You can't ignore the perfectly disallowed goal against Hertz and Beaton's performance against Hibs though.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Every team will drop silly points, but we hace been robbed of at least 9 if not more, can you say the same about the tarriers? 

I'll go back to what I have said, our possession and shots on goal stats for these games have been far superior - our priority is making sure we take chances that have been created, not mopping about referees. 

7 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I'll go back to what I have said, our possession and shots on goal stats for these games have been far superior - our priority is making sure we take chances that have been created, not mopping about referees. 

We're perfectly entitled to moan about referee's after looking at the decisions they've given for us compared to them. 

Still no fully sunk in just how shite they are and where we would be in the league if they hadn’t had favours from refs and we hadn’t been cheated several times.

You could make the argument that they should’ve lost a few times and we should’ve put a few teams away but thats down to perspective, they are fucking gash though, if we had spent our money better in a couple of positions we could’ve been top.

All the tools to make a real go for 55 way before 10 but it’s down to us as a club not to piss about, least the only way is down for them whereas we can’t get any worse I don’t think.

Quite an amazing position, really, when you consider all that’s gone on!

Good post. There’s no way we’re winning it this season imo but fuck me, we’re not that far off. Just a modicum of decent management at boardroom and dressing room level and we’d do them. They’re garbage.

9 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Still no fully sunk in just how shite they are and where we would be in the league if they hadn’t had favours from refs and we hadn’t been cheated several times.

You could make the argument that they should’ve lost a few times and we should’ve put a few teams away but thats down to perspective, they are fucking gash though, if we had spent our money better in a couple of positions we could’ve been top.

All the tools to make a real go for 55 way before 10 but it’s down to us as a club not to piss about, least the only way is down for them whereas we can’t get any worse I don’t think.

It’s mental. They’re cash rich, playing in the CL every year, spending an absolute fortune on wages and have the second risen Christ as manager. And here we are at Christmas, penniless, managerless and on the verge of Admin2, and the title still in our hands. :lol:

1 hour ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

We're not fucked yet and nobody said there was a conspiracy. I loosely covered the defeats to Hamilton and Dundee as well when I said we've been shite. Not sure you've really understood the point of the post mate.

42 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

It’s mental. They’re cash rich, playing in the CL every year, spending an absolute fortune on wages and have the second risen Christ as manager. And here we are at Christmas, penniless, managerless and on the verge of Admin2, and the title still in our hands. :lol:

That’s the most frustrating part mate, imagine if we had Moult right now and a few others for depth rather Niko, Nemane, Dalcio, Herrera and a decent manager in from the start without all the problems outside?

We would be in a far better position, Candeias proves we don’t need bucket loads of money to get decent 25-30 year olds in and Morelos proves there’s a market for cheap young players who can add to us right away.

Never bought into the myth we can’t affoed to catch up or that they are nailed on for ten, this is them at their best and they’re fucking woeful.

I actually think long term they’re fucked, they’ve planned short term for ten in a row, Griffiths will leave as he’s been frozen out despite being their best striker, bar Tierney none of them will be around soon including Rodgers if sanity prevails and they’ll be lumped with an aging squad that’s way beyond the wages needed to win the league these days.

Archived