* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

9 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

It is often underestimated how big a disadvantage it is for a team to play a crucial match after a long layoff.  You can do all the preparation and play all friendlies in the world but you do not find out you’re true fitness level until your in a competitive match.  It’s worked against us several times ( AEK Athens in 1994 being one example) and we have also gained from it a few times (Parma 1999).  

i could see it with us in the Hibs cup final after 5 mins. 

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

celtic are favourites and in a strong position but I still wouldn't write Zenit off.  There's a long tradition spanning back decades of celtic getting good results at home, but shocking results away.  There's a Herald article listing their worst results in Europe and some of them are comical:

- Basle 2 celtic 0: Champions League qualifier, 2002-03

celtic appeared to be in pole position to qualify for the lucrative Champions League group stages after a 3-1 win at Parkhead. But the Swiss team were grateful for an early away goal by Christian Gimenez before the second leg at the St Jakob Stadium. Gimenez was again on hand with a goal in the 18th minute of the second leg before Hakan Yakin scored the second four minutes later.

- Artmedia Bratislava 5 celtic 0: Champions League qualifier, 2005-06

Gordon Strachan endured a disastrous start to his tenure as celtic manager when his side slumped to a humiliating five-goal drubbing to the Slovakians. Juraj Halenar scored a hat-trick, while Blazej Vascak and Martin Mikulic claimed a goal apiece. celtic did restore some pride in the return leg in Glasgow, but a brave 4-0 win was not enough to prevent an early European exit.

- Lincoln Red Imps 1 celtic 0: Champions League qualifier, 2016-17

Another calamitous managerial debut as Brendan Rodgers endured an awful start to his reign. Poor defending from Ambrose allowed Lee Casciaro to score two minutes after the break as Gibraltar's semi-professional champions scored a sensational first-leg win and inflicted arguably the most embarrassing result in celtic's history. The only positive is that celtic have a chance to turn it around.

- I also remember when Neil Lennon was in charge they beat FC Utrecht 2-0 at home only to get pumped 4-0 away back in 2010.  

Sellik are pish away from home. But think realistically zenit will need to win in 90 mins if they'e playing the second leg without another competitive game. ET they'd be struggling. And going on that performance last night I'm not sure I see them winning by a two goal margin.

Just have to hope they can somehow turn it around. Fucking useless pricks. 

Just listening to Talksport with brazil and mccoist.  mccoist saying he has a gym in EK named after him and says to brazil 'have you got one named after you?'

brazil says 'when was the last time I was in a gym?!'

or maybe he said 'when was the last time I was in a Jim?!'

12 minutes ago, chris182 said:

BTSport twitter spunking over the terrorists last night and this morning.

Good they will think it’s a forgone conclusion until the next leg then maybe Zenit will turn up.

10 minutes ago, chris182 said:

BTSport twitter spunking over the terrorists last night and this morning.

That is very very strange tbh.

I watched Astana v Lisbon before heading across to my mates. The guys raved about Astana and their home form but conceded their last competitive game was November and just like the Russian sides this put them at a disadvantage due to march sharpness. They also said how Russian sides have really struggled bar zenit and cska who's both won the tournament but in general Russian sides struggle when the tournament starts back and they believed that Astana were suffering the same as the Russians had previously.

Funny the benefit of doubt is awarded to.astana but the tarriers are the world's greatest again 

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

That is very very strange tbh.

I watched Astana v Lisbon before heading across to my mates. The guys raved about Astana and their home form but conceded their last competitive game was November and just like the Russian sides this put them at a disadvantage due to march sharpness. They also said how Russian sides have really struggled bar zenit and cska who's both won the tournament but in general Russian sides struggle when the tournament starts back and they believed that Astana were suffering the same as the Russians had previously.

Funny the benefit of doubt is awarded to.astana but the tarriers are the world's greatest again 

This post popped up last night with the Paradise pish and clovers all over it. 

?

52 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

I heard Ronaldo has outscored 87% of the teams that have played in the Champions League, so checked the stats and found this little nugget.

image.thumb.png.4ff4eb2e2cd96850894eaed943e12627.png

So if slant eyes says the beggars are a CL team, then I suppose we must be. And a better one at that :pipe:

image.png

last night I went out to shop and lieswell was on the radio talking about the future for Scottish teams in Europe 

he mentioned that his shower of cunts saw themselves competing in a world wide club tournament (something must be happening ) .also that the Europa league would be extended meaning European football would take over more of the calendar and domestic football reduce .this would suit teams like hearts hivs and the sheep .

not once in 5 minutes did the fat corrupt cunt mention Rangers .this guy gives not one fuck for football .he is there for one reason only.to earn money for cunts like fritzel

12 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Pretty damning of the Harlem bogtrotters if they cant beat zenit if theyre as bad as im led to believe on here 

They were honkin.  Gave it to just after halftime and patched it.  Better get the finger out for the return.  

Archived