* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, The Monk said:

The tims are proving to have that little bit extra in the final third but Hearts are showing how you can nullify most of their threat but putting up a physical battle with decent pressing.

Hopefully Hearts can do the same to the spoon burners on Wednesday

46 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Await the media hunting Naismith with pitchforks now. If they dont, expect Brendan to mention it in a few days time. 

And here you are. :happy:

Brendan Rodgers insists Hearts' Steven Naismith got away with a "shocking challenge" on Scott Brown during celtic's 3-1 win at Tynecastle.

Naismith escaped punishment for the early tackle on celtic's skipper.

"You only need to see it. The ball was gone and the follow through is there to see," Rodgers told BBC Scotland.

"The ball was well gone and it wasn't just late, it was very late. It will be just interesting to see what the authorities make of that."

celtic come from behind to beat Hearts

celtic secured a seventh successive league title last week by beating Rangers 5-0, but they fell behind at Tynecastle when Kyle Lafferty smashed a right-foot effort past Scott Bain.

Dedryck Boyata squared it with a fine header before Moussa Dembele made it 2-1 following a sublime pass from Tom Rogic, with substitute Scott Sinclair sealing the win with a stoppage-time tap-in.

Naismith and Brown were involved in several tussles throughout the match

celtic can secure back-to-back trebles by seeing off Motherwell in the Scottish Cup final on 19 May, and the only downside to Sunday's win was an injury to in-form French striker Odsonne Edouard, which could make him a doubt for Hampden.

"It looked like a hamstring so we're going to need to assess that and see where that's at," Rodgers added.

"If it is his hamstring then it's going to be hard for him to make it.

"Leigh [Griffiths] was ill so he'll get back into training next week I hope."

Sunday's win secured a slice of revenge for celtic, whose 69-match unbeaten domestic run was ended when they last visited Tynecastle in December.

And Rodgers was delighted to see his side come through a difficult test in the capital.

"A great victory for us on the back of obviously going behind, and as I said it was a really really tough game for us," he said.

"Tom [Rogic's] pass for the second goal, Moussa's touch and finish and then a real good combination play between Stu [Stuart Armstrong] and Scott [Sinclair] to score. Very satisfying.

"A different way to win from last week but still three points and happy."

Sharethis page

6 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Naismith booting absolute fuck right out of brown 

Just seen the clip that was put up, did the hard man mongo labotamy not jump up and do his usual look at me it didn't hurt, need to go and find if he stayed down this time, :UK:

6 hours ago, gazza27 said:

:rofl:

0C7BA218-9DB4-417E-98F0-34B9B9923ED0.png

I have got to admit in my younger days I fired into a good few of them, not so much the birds were supporting that mob, but there dad's did and seeing me coming back home with there taigy daughter would make me laugh, they knew i was a bitter bastard within an hour or so of meeting them, would politely let them know that yes I do support Rangers and even follow the bands, :mutley:

1 hour ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

I have got to admit in my younger days I fired into a good few of them, not so much the birds were supporting that mob, but there dad's did and seeing me coming back home with there taigy daughter would make me laugh, they knew i was a bitter bastard within an hour or so of meeting them, would politely let them know that yes I do support Rangers and even follow the bands, :mutley:

I hope you got yourself checked out every time as fuck knows what her dad could have gave her ? ?

2 hours ago, JohnHardie said:

Much better with sound...

The wee rat turncoat bastard should never darken our door again but he did to brown what we wanted our lot to do many times over. Compete and stick the boot in the way the scum do. Probably the best tackle of the season.

Archived