* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

58 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Surely to fuck AEK will feel them up next round

A decent indicator is PAOK beating Basel 5-1 on aggregate, Basel are normally round about the group stages so if they have been thumped by the 2nd best team in Greece then on paper the tims will at least find themselves in a game for a change at this stage.

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

A decent indicator is PAOK beating Basel 5-1 on aggregate, Basel are normally round about the group stages so if they have been thumped by the 2nd best team in Greece then on paper the tims will at least find themselves in a game for a change at this stage.

Basel have been piss poor for a while. They lost the league title for the first time in 8 years last season.

3 minutes ago, Mols94 said:

Basel have been piss poor for a while. They lost the league title for the first time in 8 years last season.

I still believe they are a step up from Rosenborg, we can also judge how hibs fair the morra night, if they get dumped out then again this is a decent form marker, i just want them to face decent opposition, the last 2 seasons have been chronic watching them make hard work of average shite like Astana and Hapoel beer sheeva

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Reading tarrier pals on Twitter/Facebook this morning and they're all absolutely livid with Scott Sinclair. I presume he must have had another stinker last night. I don't think he cbf playing for them anymore

Taking a load of wages from the cunts and spending all his time scuttling Helen Flannigan.

its a hard life. 

14 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I still believe they are a step up from Rosenborg, we can also judge how hibs fair the morra night, if they get dumped out then again this is a decent form marker, i just want them to face decent opposition, the last 2 seasons have been chronic watching them make hard work of average shite like Astana and Hapoel beer sheeva

Probably, but hard to say by how much. Basel means little because Basel are no great shakes these days. Greek football is in a trough atm, with Olympiakos adrift and Panathinaikos properly in the doldrums. So AEK winning the league isn't quite as impressive as it would have been at other times.

AEK have had a big changeover of players this close season too, so hard to say how they'll be this season compared to last.  Also lost their head coach from last season, replacing him with the head coach of Panathinaikos, who finished 11th last season. They've played 4 pre season games, started in stuttery style, but in the last one beat Galatasaray at home. 

They won't be as up and running as sellic are either. Tough to know how it'll go, but I'd bet on sellic if I could bring myself to.

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Reading tarrier pals on Twitter/Facebook this morning and they're all absolutely livid with Scott Sinclair. I presume he must have had another stinker last night. I don't think he cbf playing for them anymore

he was shocking. he kept running the ball out of play and going down dead ends.

Archived