* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im actually stunned by their inactivity this window... from a position of strength you can really get ahead of your rivals and they have not done that. Their fanbase is furious and so is their manager.. this could all end in proper tears here. Glorious!!!

3 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Im actually stunned by their inactivity this window... from a position of strength you can really get ahead of your rivals and they have not done that. Their fanbase is furious and so is their manager.. this could all end in proper tears here. Glorious!!!

Their arrogance will be their downfall 

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

Their arrogance will be their downfall 

Absolutely. If they added a bit of quality  to their backline and kept their players, then they would be in a good place. While they still have time to buy, I feel that its too late for them and if they want quality they will have to pay a serious amount as the deadline approaches. Either way, I think they will struggle big time to keep their fans happy.. Major meltdown in sight!

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

Absolutely. If they added a bit of quality  to their backline and kept their players, then they would be in a good place. While they still have time to buy, I feel that its too late for them and if they want quality they will have to pay a serious amount as the deadline approaches. Either way, I think they will struggle big time to keep their fans happy.. Major meltdown in sight!

Their fans are really not happy ? I think they’ve severely underestimated us this season after last seasons fiasco and have now left it too late,I honestly don’t think the funds are there either and the Dembele money won’t even cover their CL shortfall,they really have made an arse of it this year I’d imagine they’ll be a few unhappy players if Dembele goes aswell especially the French ones (who’re their best players by a mile)

Any combination of three things in the next 4 days and hopefully all materialise, would be that they lose in Europe, fail to sign anyone and indeed flog a couple of "stars" and we hump them on Sunday.

Fucking Champagne weekend.

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

Their fans are really not happy ? I think they’ve severely underestimated us this season after last seasons fiasco and have now left it too late,I honestly don’t think the funds are there either and the Dembele money won’t even cover their CL shortfall,they really have made an arse of it this year I’d imagine they’ll be a few unhappy players if Dembele goes aswell especially the French ones (who’re their best players by a mile)

Ideal scenario is if a french club comes in with a lowball offer as Dollaz would want to leave... they could be forced to sell low or they would keep a very unhappy player... :lol: 

1 minute ago, geneva_ger said:

Any combination of three things in the next 4 days and hopefully all materialise, would be that they lose in Europe, fail to sign anyone and indeed flog a couple of "stars" and we hump them on Sunday.

Fucking Champagne weekend.

Stop it... this would SURELY couldnt happen.....right??? :lol: 

15 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Ideal scenario is if a french club comes in with a lowball offer as Dollaz would want to leave... they could be forced to sell low or they would keep a very unhappy player... :lol: 

Apparently he scored the same number of goals last season in the SPL (9, which is 1 more than Tav' got) as the loan player they bought 'for a club record fee' this year. The only difference is that he scored 1x CL goal than the loan guy (from seven matches compared to two), and has the bonus of regularly exploding hamstrings.

If he does go, I'm curious to see just how much they report the fee as both here and then in France. I can't dispute that he done well for them in his first season, but injuries already seem to have taken a bit of a toll against the guy.

If it’s £15 million you can guarantee that includes agent fees, his wages etc so you’re talking around £10 million anyway. 

The media will big it up to be a brilliant piece of business, the highest fee for a player in Scotland. 

What they won’t say is it’s covering their £30 million shortfall. 

Called it weeks ago. They were always going to sell one of Ntcham, Dembele or Tierney for an apparent multi million deal and big it up to be something special when the reality is they’ll still be in a shortfall anyway

11 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

If it’s £15 million you can guarantee that includes agent fees, his wages etc so you’re talking around £10 million anyway. 

The media will big it up to be a brilliant piece of business, the highest fee for a player in Scotland. 

What they won’t say is it’s covering their £30 million shortfall. 

Called it weeks ago. They were always going to sell one of Ntcham, Dembele or Tierney for an apparent multi million deal and big it up to be something special when the reality is they’ll still be in a shortfall anyway

Still a great return whatever way you look at it.

We need to be doing similar. 

Plus i'd rather it was Ntcham or Tierney that was off. 

Archived