* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I thought it was a wind up as well until the article was posted. :lol:

Just read it , unreal , who does he think he is , surely the size of the pitch and length of the grass ,is down to the venue , not a visiting manager 

Brendan Rodgers insists Murrayfield will be pitch perfect for celtic today – after talks with the SRU’s head ground.

The Hoops manager was embroiled in a bitter turf war with Hearts over the met there back in May. Rodgers claimed Hearts’ tactic of growing the grass long to stifle celtic’s style of passing on the deck was “embarrassing”.

But the Celts boss has satisfied himself that they’ll be playing on a 
carpet at the home of rugby in tomorrow’s Betfred Cup semi-final.

Murrayfield has the same £2m hybrid surface installed at celtic Park 
earlier this year

Jambos boss Craig 
Levein claimed yesterday his team were far better suited now to playing on a short surface.

But after meeting with award-winning former Falkirk groundsman Jim Dawson on Tuesday, 
Rodgers said: “It will 
hopefully make for a good game then.

“The pitch will be 105m long and 68m wide. That’s the same size as Hampden.

“And the length of grass? That will be down to 24mm, which is UEFA guideline size – and just happens to be the exact same length as at celtic Park.

“I have spoken to the groundsman at 
Murrayfield and they’ve got standards.

“They have top ground staff, the pitch is superb and they want a showcase game too. One guy was from Falkirk and the other is a Raith fan. I had a good chat with both of them.

“They’re neutrals and want the best pitch.

“I spoke to them when they were working on the pitch when we were 
training there on Tuesday.

“It would be ignorant not to talk to them, right?

“I was just asking them what size they though the pitch would be – and how long the grass would be!”

If the above is true , hope it comes back to fuck them up , think hearts will win 2-1 anyway 

Also leveins interview should be fun , if brenda has had a word with the groundstaff 

9 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

The BBC website is saying their game tomorrow is a sell out, the biggest attendance in Scotland for almost 30 years? No way there's going to be 67,000 there surely? Hearts only have about 20,000 fans so there's going to be almost 50,000 tarriers there?

:lol: thats the grass blades.

13 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

The BBC website is saying their game tomorrow is a sell out, the biggest attendance in Scotland for almost 30 years? No way there's going to be 67,000 there surely? Hearts only have about 20,000 fans so there's going to be almost 50,000 tarriers there?

Hertz had sold 27,000 at some point during the week

34 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Had good numbers most of the season tbh

Average this season is just under 18,000. They can’t fill a 20,000 capacity stadium, and will have over 10,000 glory hunters there tomorrow who usually can’t be arsed going to Tynecastle.

Not that I want the tarriers to get 50,000 tickets either.

Incomprehensible that the Sun is still running with the story about Kyle sending a photo of his boaby to some wee slapper who’s undoubtedly a wannabe WAG trying to get her 36 seconds of fame yet there is no prominence to reporting on an 11 year campaign of child abuse at a well known sports club which no one is allowed to name. 

You’d think it was an effort to unsettle one of our key players.....

44 minutes ago, scotty1976 said:

Incomprehensible that the Sun is still running with the story about Kyle sending a photo of his boaby to some wee slapper who’s undoubtedly a wannabe WAG trying to get her 36 seconds of fame yet there is no prominence to reporting on an 11 year campaign of child abuse at a well known sports club which no one is allowed to name. 

You’d think it was an effort to unsettle one of our key players.....

Could be, but Big Lafferty doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy who gives a fuck. 

3 minutes ago, Craigyboy9 said:

Could be, but Big Lafferty doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy who gives a fuck. 

Not sure he’s got the IQ to understand the concept of giving a fuck. 

But also, for the record, if I was a professional footballer I’m sure I’d be happily snap-chatting all the wee dirties that are all over you! It’s just unfortunate that Lafferty has encountered the one out to make a name for herself. 

Another school of thought is that she may have been employed by the Sun to attract his attention in the shopping centre in the first place?

9 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Average this season is just under 18,000. They can’t fill a 20,000 capacity stadium, and will have over 10,000 glory hunters there tomorrow who usually can’t be arsed going to Tynecastle.

Not that I want the tarriers to get 50,000 tickets either.

How can they have 10k glory hunters when their average attendance is 2k short of their capacity lol, minus segregation issues and unsold away tickets, hearts probably arent far away from filling out their ground every home game with home fans

Archived