* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

Brenda saying, "No fear. No excuses."

Then he goes on to list the excuses :-

Long flight, plastic pitch, the heat, injuries & the opponents are well into their season. He became a laughing stock in England with the pish he used to spout, when trying to justify himself & his crappy team. He's just carrying it on up here. Fingers cossed he's struggling to justify himself in a couple of hours time. Mon the Astana.

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“In terms of Efe, I think everyone has seen and people have seen him a lot more than I have, and he knows that if he can cut out mistakes or errors he makes in games then you’ve got a very good player” he said.

“Physically he’s very strong, he’s fast, he’s good in the air, it just about decision making and simplifying the game. If he can do that, he can be an asset”.

Nae bother Brenda (tu):lol:

1 minute ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

They've added Toure to the Champions League squad. I thought they were holding out for someone else, some big signing? Just saw their game is at 3pm. Hopefully they can cheer me up during this shift.

Aye they signed him and then they havent even took him. big Effe is starting the game

23 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Long flight, plastic pitch, the heat, injuries & the opponents are well into their season.

Was a long flight to Charleston 

The heat was around 30+ constantly

Granted we didn't have any injuries bar Crooks, but we did have players who couldn't play like Barton, Rossiter and so on. 

and Battery played us in the middle of the week when they had a game the saturday before and another the saturday coming up. 

Pish excuses and yet they get away with it. But the moment Mr Warburton voices concern it's "what a whiner" or it's painted in a bad light. 

14 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Sadly I think they will get through this one quite easily .

Got me thinking ,maybe it's no bad thing if they have Euro distractions this season 

Although I will take them getting fucked out gladly 

Astana are no pushovers mate, took points at home to Atletico, benfica and some other team last season.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

We would look like tits if we did though since we arranged the game.

Still could've said all those things before or after the game.

"We're going on a long flight to Coralina" 

"The lads were likely feeling the heat during the game"

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

Still could've said all those things before or after the game.

"We're going on a long flight to Coralina" 

"The lads were likely feeling the heat during the game"

It was a pre season game, it had no significance. He wouldn't be saying those things regardless as it's a training game on a pre planned trip.

I'm not sure why you think he would be saying those things :lol: 

Just now, The Godfather said:

It was a pre season game, it had no significance. He wouldn't be saying those things regardless as it's a training game on a pre planned trip.

I'm not sure why you think he would be saying those things :lol: 

Had significance to the point that it let us see where the lads were. 

That's the point i'm making...He wouldn't say those things regardless, i'm saying that he could've made the same excuses that Brenda is making. doh

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

Had significance to the point that it let us see where the lads were. 

That's the point i'm making...He wouldn't say those things regardless, i'm saying that he could've made the same excuses that Brenda is making. doh

You are comparing situations talking about a long trip away in the CL to a pre planned friendly.

It's fucking daft

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

You are comparing situations talking about a long trip away in the CL to a pre planned friendly.

It's fucking daft

Brenda isn't talking about the game itself, he's setting up excuses so that if he fails it. 

On the subject of the stadium locations themselves, they are similar in that there long distances and the heat is different. 

I'm not talking about the opposition or nature of the game. Just purely the location and setting as well as the traveling to it. With a bit of the squads talked about as well. 

Just now, LeeWallaceRFC said:

They're relying on Griffiths again this season. Pretty much single handedly carried them last season and they're depending on him doing it again.

They will be made to look fools if they don't invest in that side.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

They will be made to look fools if they don't invest in that side.

£45,000 a week on Rodgers, Toure was on £65,000 a week at Liverpool so most likely on about £40,000 at Celtic and according to their fans Dembele is on £32,000 a week.

More of the same spending hopefully.

Archived