* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/12/2017 at 11:03 PM, Bluenose1986 said:

Although you jest. There's truth in it. 

Don't think he's jesting at all. In the sheep match Gordon once again got away with what should have been a penalty. How many times has he got away with that now this season? Mcinnes basically called the ref a bottler and he is correct. Look at the reaction from all and sundry after the County match and how long it went on for. Not to mention the ludicrous overturning of broonaldos red card. I genuinely believe refs are intimidated and are wary of giving any decision against savco due to the pressure they have been put under. Its a tactic savco and the mhedia have used before..

4 hours ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Don't think he's jesting at all. In the sheep match Gordon once again got away with what should have been a penalty. How many times has he got away with that now this season? Mcinnes basically called the ref a bottler and he is correct. Look at the reaction from all and sundry after the County match and how long it went on for. Not to mention the ludicrous overturning of broonaldos red card. I genuinely believe refs are intimidated and are wary of giving any decision against savco due to the pressure they have been put under. Its a tactic savco and the mhedia have used before..

Yup. Genuinely, why was there a week long post mortem of the Ross County penalty but not for this one? I realise there was a ridiculous dive involved in the RC one, but that's not solely where the focus was. The fact that sellic were robbed and always get robbed and the refs are against them lasted for a week as well. And remember that was for a goal for RC that meant the square root of fuck all for sellic. The establishment pure acted decisively to make sure sellic would only be 27 points ahead instead of 29. :belm:

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

I see they cunts are linked with a move for Lucas

Wouldn't surprise me tbh. No longer of Liverpool standard, so a step down makes sense for him, given he's done the EPL for 10 years now.

Depends if working for Brenda/the CL etc means more than cash, because he'll still get more lucrative offers elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Don't disagree with any of that mate. They have everything wrapped round their smelly finger as far as I'm concerned. 

I just mentioned jest as it's hard to tell what's tongue in cheek and what's a genuine statement on here. 

The red card being rescinded for a correct decision is a fucking joke and has basically undermined every referee in this country and given them permission to do whatever they like. In fact anyone being sent off for a two footed drop kick can now use that as precedent for appeals. 

The game is fucked thanks to those cheating bastards. 

On 5/14/2017 at 4:10 PM, Inigo said:

Wouldn't surprise me tbh. No longer of Liverpool standard, so a step down makes sense for him, given he's done the EPL for 10 years now.

Depends if working for Brenda/the CL etc means more than cash, because he'll still get more lucrative offers elsewhere.

I honestly think he's shite and struggle to accept he has had 10 years in the EPL. His legs went a long time ago and he's only 30

5 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Siminovic rated £9m by the Sun.

To think he was in Torino in January ready to sign for them for about £3m until someone fucked up the paperwork. What's he done to have another £6m added on? Oh he plays for Celtic? Makes sense now. 

I was reading a thing the other day "25 of Liverpool's worst ever signings" - Rodgers signed about 10 of them :lol: he was only there 3-4 year, Adam Bogdan fuck sake :lol: the guy is clueless with money and transfers. 

Borini, Balotelli, Ings, Aspas, Luis Alberto.. another few that were in it

Our best chance of catching them is that Rodgers dismantles that team and brings in his own players. 

He's known for being awful at signing players, and if he shifts the genuinely good players they have and replaces them with overpaid dross, we can 100% bridge the gap sooner

30 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I was reading a thing the other day "25 of Liverpool's worst ever signings" - Rodgers signed about 10 of them :lol: he was only there 3-4 year, Adam Bogdan fuck sake :lol: the guy is clueless with money and transfers. 

Borini, Balotelli, Ings, Aspas, Luis Alberto.. another few that were in it

Assaidi, Allen, Aly Cissokho, Ilori, Markovic, Lambert, Manquillo, Benteke... Cunts record is seriously abysmal. Spent well over a quarter of a billion as well.

Minging bastards too scared to give their war dead a public display.

Grandson of Celtic great killed at the Battle of Arras calls for plaque in honour of Great War dead at Parkhead

THE grandson of the Celtic great who was killed in the Battle of Arras 100 years ago today has called for the players who lost their lives in the First World War to be honoured with a plaque at Parkhead.

Peter Johnstone played for the Hoops up front, in midfield and in defence between 1908 and 1916 – during which time he helped them to win the Scottish title four years in a row.

He was also a key member of the Willie Maley team which went an incredible 62 games undefeated between 1915 and 1917 – a British record run which still stands to this day.

Despite being in three “protected” occupations – he was also a miner in his home town of Glencraig in Fife and ran a newsagents shop in Glasgow during the war – he enlisted in the army in 1916.

He was reported to have been killed at the Battle of Arras in northern France aged just 29 on this day exactly a century ago.

The death of the popular player left manager Maley distraught and was mourned by thousands of devastated Celtic supporters.

A memorial garden in Glencraig was opened two years ago following fundraising efforts by local supporters and a donation from the Parkhead club.

Celtic captain Scott Brown – who hails from nearby Hill of Beath - Lisbon Lion Jim Craig and senior club officials will attend a service there this afternoon.

A dedication to Johnstone is inscribed in Bay Eight of the Arras Memorial in the Fauborg d’Amiens Cemetry in France.

But Jim Frew, who is Johnstone’s grandson and a lifelong supporter, would also like a plaque to be erected in honour of his relation and other Celtic players who died in the Great War at Celtic Park.

First team players Donnie McLeod, Archie McMillan, Bobby Craig and Leigh Roose were also killed.

Celtic have spoken with the 74-year-old season ticket holder from Muirhead in the past and offered to erect a plaque in both the tunnel and the boardroom at Parkhead.

But Mr Frew would like it to be on public display where supporters can pay their respects.

“Peter Johnstone played in the Celtic four-in-a-row team and won 13 winners’ medals in total," he said. “Much has been made of the unbeaten run that Brendan Rodgers’s side has been on this season and rightly so.

"But Peter Johnstone played when Celtic set the all-time British record. They went 62 league games and 66 games in total without being defeated between 1915 and 1917.”

Mr Frew added: “I had a meeting with John-Paul Taylor, the supporters’ liaison officer. He was a very genuine guy and was very helpful, sympathetic and understanding about what I wanted to do.

“The club offered to erect a plaque in the tunnel. I told them my grandfather didn’t hide on the football field and he didn’t hide on the battlefield, something which cost him his life, and felt the plaque shouldn’t be in the tunnel. The club came back to me and said they would put it in the boardroom.

“But I feel it has really got to be at the front of the building so people can see it and spend a few moments of reflection. Even visiting fans to Parkhead, many of whom will have lost relations in the war, can stop and say a prayer.

“Queen’s Park lost men in the war. They have a plaque inside the reception area at Hampden. Dunfermline have got a memorial in the stand at East End Park. Hearts have got a memorial to McRae’s Battalion at Haymarket.

“It wouldn’t just be for one person. It would be for all the other Celtic players, members of staff and supporters who lost their lives in the First World War, in memory of all of the members of the ‘Celtic Family’ who made the ultimate sacrifice.”

A spokesman for Celtic FC said: "We have spoken to Jim and we are currently looking at a number of options."

Probably best not to erect a plaque in a public space as it would just be desicrated, I for one wouldn't like to see this war hero's name be subjected to abuse, just a pity the lowlife that infests that place cannot be trusted to honour one of their own true hero's.

You can imagine them squirming like fuck trying not to put it on display hoping the guy just gives up eventually so they can continue their vile nonsense of hating everything British .... they really are a bunch of fucking rheptiles from the the top to bottom at that peado club...... fucking sicken me the animals.....

Archived