* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

35 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Apologies for the content but remember we got done for fan footage in Osasuna? Surely the same will happen here...?

Good man Jack, keep em coming ya thick cunt!

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, carrickblue said:

Interesting that none of the media coverage I have read so far explains what those banners actually represented. It's as though journos and editors are afraid to deal with the reality of what happened last night. 

To the uninitiated reading the press, they will know the banners were judged illicit but perhaps not understand why. It should be explained that they portrayed an IRA volunteer and compared Brendan Rodgers to an IRA sniper. 

That's a huge failure on the media's part whose job is to inform the public.

You're correct, but I'm not sure it would make a difference even if the press spelled it out. Remember the England - Ireland game last year. A few fans sang "Fuck the IRA" and the English media united in condemnation. Now I get that there's a certain amount of fear about stoking tensions with regard to NI, what I don't get is why it is entirely one-sided. 

I'd also add that this "romanticisation" of the IRA as some sort of cuddly folk heroes seems to have caught on all over Britain. Which is astonishing when you consider how recently they were blowing us to bits in our own towns and cities.

If you think about what they did they basically promoted PIRA pictures in a football stadium in clear daylight with everyone watching it (not that I bothered, I never watch them). Just imagine if Ibrox in a months time had a huge UVF banner, imagine the uproar, the front pages. 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

There's literally fuck all to investigate, the banners were clear as day.

Anyone from here or West of Scotland or Mars would be able to see that. It's actually unbelievable at the sheer audacity of it. Just imagine it was the other way around. It's actually one of the most open promotion of terrorist symbolism I have seen as far as football goes. 

11 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

If you think about what they did they basically promoted PIRA pictures in a football stadium in clear daylight with everyone watching it (not that I bothered, I never watch them). Just imagine if Ibrox in a months time had a huge UVF banner, imagine the uproar, the front pages. 

They complained about Armed Forces day and a scarf so a banner would see us finned millions probably.

12 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

They complained about Armed Forces day and a scarf so a banner would see us finned millions probably.

They always complain about bigotry or sectarianism when they have produced the worst terrorist supporting banner I have seen, so openly too. 

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

Might not be dealt with before then though mate

Imagine they had to play their 3 home group stage games behind closed doors? (If they even get there) 

The "world famous selllick park european nights" took away from them? Aw I'd wank mysel silly

When they drew Barca, AC Milan, Ajax  :crywank:

They still seem to believe that everybody loves them and they can do no wrong, they're becoming one the most hated clubs about with their constant political/sectarian "statements" 

52 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Imagine my erection.

1 hour ago, keithgersbear said:

I'm sure the FARE observer will be sending their report as a matter of urgency. This is what happens when your CE doesn't give a patronising speech before each UEFA home game.

Got to laugh at that statement from the scum, same old one gets rolled out each time and nothing changes.

The statement that they should be forced to make is that they will renounce any affiliation with the Irish Republic and terrorist sympathisers, remove the tricolour and become a wholly Scottish club.

3 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

I see Scottish classical composer James McMillen has stated he will never go back to Celtic Park after the sectarian singing and displays by Celtic fans last night...fair play.

Wonder if Rod Stewart will do the same ? or is he totally oblivious to these things ?

7 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

I see Scottish classical composer James McMillen has stated he will never go back to Celtic Park after the sectarian singing and displays by Celtic fans last night...fair play.

Fair play to any Celtic fan who stands up to their own fans and calls this shit out. I've read a fair few guys getting destroyed on twitter by them for having a go. 

It's fucking embarrassing that they are doing this IN THE UK. They can't be allowed to get away with it. Cunts. 

10 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

Good on him. He is a highly respected composer the world over. 

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Fair play to any Celtic fan who stands up to their own fans and calls this shit out. I've read a fair few guys getting destroyed on twitter by them for having a go. 

It's fucking embarrassing that they are doing this IN THE UK. They can't be allowed to get away with it. Cunts. 

I follow James McMillen on twitter he is a deeply religious man who follows the catholic faith..he is consistent in calling out prejudice from wherever it comes...a good guy

5 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

I follow James McMillen on twitter he is a deeply religious man who follows the catholic faith..he is consistent in calling out prejudice from wherever it comes...a good guy

This guy?!

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12398473.Composer__Celtic_fans_should_feel_free_to_sing_republican_songs_James_MacMillan_claims_sectarianism_rules_out_pride_in_Irish_roots/

MacMillan, who caused a furore in 1999 when he said anti-Catholic discrimination made him "embarrassed" by Scotland, also questioned why Celtic supporters were not free to sing republican songs on the streets of Glasgow.

Archived