* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

6 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

I follow James McMillen on twitter he is a deeply religious man who follows the catholic faith..he is consistent in calling out prejudice from wherever it comes...a good guy

You a fan? His stuff is quite hard to play, most of the time. 

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ger_onimo said:

This guy?!

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12398473.Composer__Celtic_fans_should_feel_free_to_sing_republican_songs_James_MacMillan_claims_sectarianism_rules_out_pride_in_Irish_roots/

MacMillan, who caused a furore in 1999 when he said anti-Catholic discrimination made him "embarrassed" by Scotland, also questioned why Celtic supporters were not free to sing republican songs on the streets of Glasgow.

god you have me there mate...he must have changed his tune..pardon the expression. I have followed him for the past year or so and never saw him tweet stuff like that

3 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

god you have me there mate...he must have changed his tune..pardon the expression. I have followed him for the past year or so and never saw him tweet stuff like that

It is a 12 year old article mate, could well have changed his views. That was just the first thing that came up when I googled his name and celtic.

Just now, johanhentze said:

You a fan? His stuff is quite hard to play, most of the time. 

I have heard some of his stuff ,I am not very knowledgeable about classical music although have been listening to a lot of Jacqueline Du Pre and Glenn Gould over the last year which I  am enjoying ...just really starting my education:lol:

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

It is a 12 year old article mate, could well have changed his views. That was just the first thing that came up when I googled his name and celtic.

He seems to be very pro British and very anti SNP  going by his tweets..big supporter of the monarchy as well....big turnaround it would seem

2 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

That'll last till half ten tonight 

If  I read it correctly it seems the match commander at the game when they had the Bobby Sands William Wallace banners was stood down after for taking no action then...so this one will be interesting

1 minute ago, bluedylan said:

If  I read it correctly it seems the match commander at the game when they had the Bobby Sands William Wallace banners was stood down after for taking no action then...so this one will be interesting

Sounds promising . 

The thing that is astounding is , how the fuck were the banners allowed in the stadium 

Why nobody ,police,stewards or even lieswell after seeing these banners ,never had them confiscated immediately 

1 minute ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Sounds promising . 

The thing that is astounding is , how the fuck were the banners allowed in the stadium 

Why nobody ,police,stewards or even lieswell after seeing these banners ,never had them confiscated immediately 

Mate they are made in the fucking ground apparently Celtic have gave them a place to make their displays

1 hour ago, bluedylan said:

I have heard some of his stuff ,I am not very knowledgeable about classical music although have been listening to a lot of Jacqueline Du Pre and Glenn Gould over the last year which I  am enjoying ...just really starting my education:lol:

Well, there is a big world of "classical" music out there. Just like with anything, there is good stuff and bad. The very best way to listen to it is by going to a gig. 

http://www.<No links to this website allowed>/2017/07/uefa-partly-to-blame-for-allowing-celtic-to-meet-linfield/

"UEFA of course are partly to blame as are Celtic. Both should have flagged up the potential for conflict between supporters of the two clubs and UEFA make provision for keeping certain conflict areas in Europe apart."

Just when you thought these cunts couldn't get anymore deluded!! I guess if they get a team from Israel, UEFA should step in and give them a by, Hamas's number one football team.

6 hours ago, Inigo said:

In fact, at the same time it's brought up, UEFA should be reminded of their duty to be fair, equal and impartial in their treatment of clubs.

There are three issues here:

Thumb deliberately behaved in a manner that incited violence, whilst hiding behind a protected status. The violence kicked off and he and his club ran away and deflected.

The Parkhead supporters continually glorify terrorism against the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland, this has never been addressed by the Scottish Government.

The troubles, have thankfully lessened, but have never gone away. London Road is a hotbed of sectarian hatred that would like to see this reversed, even though the majority have never set foot in Belfast.

"Any support for a paramilitary or proscribed terrorist organisation has no place at Celtic Park. The Club has been consistent in condemning such conduct on the very few occasions in the past when it has occurred at Celtic Park. It is unfortunate that such a small minority of the crowd at Celtic Park last night behaved in such a way. "

Consistent condemnation? Few occasions? Minority? These cunt's are beyond parody trying to peddle this pish. Only when trouble appears at their door do they speak out against sectarianism, always after the event and not before except when tarring others with its brush. Every away game on TV you hear their IRAoke, each time we are at their ground you hear it and see it. Effigy anyone? It's clear from innumerable videos available on YouTube that it's far from a minority that indulge in this reprehensible behaviour. Sure didn't a well known politician and ex-chairman boast of singing a full repertoire of rebel songs to entertain young Labour acolytes, leading by example there, and haven't several players over the years been filmed participating similarly?

They will keep on doing what they do and for us to allow them in to our stadium is a disgrace. If UEFA do not hit them with the stiffest punishment available then it's time for a total ban from our ground and for us to take the SPFL/SFA consequences. Fuck them too.

9 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Last Friday night, Linfield and Celtic met at Windsor Park. Celtic FC had turned down their allocation of tickets for the match and a number of bars in west Belfast showed the match on their premises on large screens for Celtic supporters.

One of these was the Rock Bar on the Falls Road, which describes itself as ‘Ireland’s Biggest Rebel Bar’ and ‘Belfast’s Home to Glasgow Celtic’.

As well as the match, the patrons were entertained by singers Gary Lawlor, Rising of the Moon and Damien Quinn in the upstairs bar and Gerry Og and Spirit of Freedom in the downstairs bar.

Meanwhile, up at the Devenish Arms, the site of the Celtic fanzone, the entertainers were Damien Quinn, The Irish Brigade and Gary Lawlor.

They may not be household names around the world, but the singers are well-known to those with a love of ‘Irish republican culture’.

Damien, Gary and Gerry are all regulars at the weekly ‘Rebel Sunday’ in the Rock Bar and their performances are always appreciated by the enthusiastic patrons.

Quinn has even written a song about ‘Rebel Sunday’ and one line explains that ‘Gerry Og and Damien Quinn sing the songs of the IRA’. Indeed they do. And they are not the only ones.

The ‘rebel music’ repertoire includes republican songs such as My Old Man’s A Provo, My Little Armalite and The IRA Will Set Them Free. The titles alone explain what ‘rebel music’ is about.

You might imagine that The SAM Song is about someone called Sam, but how wrong you would be. It is actually about the delight of an IRA terrorist when the IRA were able to acquire a surface-to-air missile (or SAM).

One of the most popular songs on the ‘rebel music’ scene has the lyrics: “Go on home, British soldiers, go on home/have you got no f****** homes of your own? F*** your Union Jack/we want our country back.”

Another popular rebel song has the title 18 Brits Were Blew To Bits and it is a celebration of IRA atrocities and murders.

These include the massacre of 18 soldiers near Warrenpoint, the murder of nine RUC officers in a mortar attack in Newry, the murder of Lord Mountbatten and the killings of Lord Justice Maurice Gibson and his wife, Lady Cecily.

It is a litany of death and yet customers dance to it and sing along, celebrating the IRA bombs and the slaughter.

At the Warrenpoint inquest, a doctor said he found dead and injured men, scattered limbs and decapitated bodies, but some people seem to think that these murders are a good subject for pumped-up, alcohol-fuelled entertainment.

Of course, such ‘rebel music’ is not limited to bars and clubs in west Belfast. The same songs can be heard any week of the year at many venues elsewhere in Northern Ireland, the Republic and some parts of Scotland.

There is a whole Irish rebel music scene and it is popular, but it is ugly, it is sectarian and it is poisonous.

Songs have the power to mould and motivate, so what sort of influence is there in songs such as these?

You may remember the Sinn Fein election posters demanding ‘respect’ and you may have heard Michelle O’Neill and other Sinn Fein politicians talking about the importance of “respect”.

So here is a question for Michelle O’Neill: where is the respect for the innocent victims of the IRA?

Where is the respect for the families of those who were so callously murdered by the IRA?

The ‘18 Brits’ were 18 young men and they had families, so where is the respect for those who still mourn the loss of their loved ones? The nine police officers had families too, so where is the respect for them?

If we are to build a shared and better future in Northern Ireland, then there are many issues that must be addressed.

And when that list of issues is being drawn up, then surely this dark underbelly of Irish culture has to be one of them?

Belfast Telegraph Digital

I had to stop reading half way down, as I was feeling physically sick.

They are the scum of the earth. 

Archived