* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Meh. The only good thing about this is that the more successful Rodgers is, the more likely he will get his coveted move back to England.

That's their catch-22.

Would he go back though, he's a failure down south, up here he's treated like a king with the most financially backed team in scotland to play around with

we have to find a way to put them under pressure. At the moment they are coasting by without a care in the world and last season had the league won by xmas. They have now qualified for the CL - so the pressure is off for them in that respect as well.  We have to get closer, to up the ante, so that they start to think about what they are doing and get them to make mistakes.

All players look good when theres nothing at stake and can play as if they are down the park for a kickabout - its when the pressure is on that you sort out the wheat from the chaff. For too long its been a walk in the park for them. 

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Would he go back though, he's a failure down south, up here he's treated like a king with the most financially backed team in scotland to play around with

Just checked wikipedia, O'Neill, Strachan and Lennon stayed for 5, 4 and 4 full seasons. So for me he has a limit of four seasons which isn't long enough for their go at 10iar.

I have no doubt he wants back in the big time of the EPL and not the current, boring one-horse race up here. The CL is an obvious attraction. but that also loses its appeal if they continue to get skelped by real quality teams in the group stage.

13 hours ago, A.T.G said:

The clock is ticking on their bubble. Like Advocaats, MON, McLeish and now Rodgers.

They are having their time. They're still a shite team in a shite league with absolutely NO guarantee of champions league every year. Sick of hearing this doom and gloom every time they qualify.

Theyre an average side who eventually will slip up. All we need is more consistency, some more battles in the old firm games to put in a challenge.

One defeat in the league and this mob will start doubting themselves. They're Fucking horse pish with a lot of confidence and confidence gets you everywhere.

I don't think the clock is ticking at all. They've become utterly ruthless in what they do on and off the pitch. They will relentlessly push for 10 In A Row. How we catch them I don't know. We really would need major investment and quick.

Utterly grim.

They're demolishing everything in their path, they've just qualified for the Champions League group stage again, having already knocked-out Rosenborg, and they're 40-odd domestic matches unbeaten.

Meanwhile, we were knocked-out of the Europa League by a fucking amateur side, we've just lost at home to newly promoted Hibs, we're haggling over a couple of hundred grand for Jamie Walker.

They'll do ten-in-a-row, then more.

And this isn't a tarrier love-in, this is me venting my frustration.

26 minutes ago, Dougie_B said:

I don't think the clock is ticking at all. They've become utterly ruthless in what they do on and off the pitch. They will relentlessly push for 10 In A Row. How we catch them I don't know. We really would need major investment and quick.

And I thought Walter would have got it too and then Advocaat to get us 15.

My honest opinion? They probably will get 10. It's a record I don't care much for. We weren't there for half of it and even the scum know it isn't a greater achievement than the two times 9 in a row has been done. All I know is that when we win it will be celebrated and talked about far more than if they get 10.

we just need to keep building. We're In a better position than we were 5 years ago. And we will be better in another 5 years.

1 hour ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Utterly grim.

They're demolishing everything in their path, they've just qualified for the Champions League group stage again, having already knocked-out Rosenborg, and they're 40-odd domestic matches unbeaten.

Meanwhile, we were knocked-out of the Europa League by a fucking amateur side, we've just lost at home to newly promoted Hibs, we're haggling over a couple of hundred grand for Jamie Walker.

They've still got eight to go....

31 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

And I thought Walter would have got it too and then Advocaat to get us 15.

My honest opinion? They probably will get 10. It's a record I don't care much for. We weren't there for half of it and even the scum know it isn't a greater achievement than the two times 9 in a row has been done. All I know is that when we win it will be celebrated and talked about far more than if they get 10.

we just need to keep building. We're In a better position than we were 5 years ago. And we will be better in another 5 years.

We need a buyer who wants a team to play with and a chance of champs league football, The premiership is crazy money just for a top 6 now and it's gonna get worse. There must be someone as he could buy out shareholders for £30m invest heavily in the squad do a few things around the stadium, and you have s first class stadium and 50,000 sellouts every game.  All for what £70million tops? 

It's the belief in thing like "bar one or two players their squad is average" that give cause for a potential long(er)-term malaise to be established and maintained. 

We need to wake up and realise that their squad is actually pretty good and understand that that's the barometer we should be using in trying to target players that would get us an equally good "average squad".   Where's our Sinclair? Where's our 30 goal a year strikers? Where's our Tierney? Where's our wingers that create / score goals every game?  Where's our new midfielder from Man City? 

The bar and expectations need raised significantly. Ideally like they did when they brough in Oneill and spent a lot on established experienced pros. 

The suggestion that, barring one or two, their squad is average is nonsense.

Brown, Armstrong, Griffiths, McGregor, Tierney, Rogic and Bitton would walk into our line-up based on last season and so far, this season, too.

Sinclair and Dembele are there because of Rodgers and he was a high risk that paid-off, big time.

Meanwhile, we brought in an unknown Portuguese manager who was head coaching in Mexico. What did he attract? Mexicans and Portuguese, mainly.

Those hoping for major investment shouldn't hold their breath; we're a mess and for the foreseeable future, we won't be an attractive purchase for any prospective buyer.

Rich Rangers fans? Where were they when we needed them most? Nowhere to be fucking seen.

Never mind, we'll draw with Hearts on Saturday, Pedro will end his post-match interview with "we are the people" and the tarriers will open negotiations with Hearts over Walker, then sign him the following day while Paul Murray sends info@heartsfc.com another e-mail offering £25K more than the last bid.

I remembers Rangers used to send me off on my summer holidays buzzing, too. Now, this pish.

5 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

The suggestion that, barring one or two, their squad is average is nonsense.

Brown, Armstrong, Griffiths, McGregor, Tierney, Rogic and Bitton would walk into our line-up based on last season and so far, this season, too.

Sinclair and Dembele are there because of Rodgers and he was a high risk that paid-off, big time.

Meanwhile, we brought in an unknown Portuguese manager who was head coaching in Mexico. What did he attract? Mexicans and Portuguese, mainly.

Those hoping for major investment shouldn't hold their breath; we're a mess and for the foreseeable future, we won't be an attractive purchase for any prospective buyer.

Rich Rangers fans? Where were they when we needed them most? Nowhere to be fucking seen.

Never mind, we'll draw with Hearts on Saturday, Pedro will end his post-match interview with "we are the people" and the tarriers will open negotiations with Hearts over Walker, then sign him the following day while Paul Murray sends info@heartsfc.com another e-mail offering £25K more than the last bid.

I remembers Rangers used to send me off on my summer holidays buzzing, too. Now, this pish.

Awryt calm down a wee bit mate . Celtic have no intention of signing walker . Particularly now they have actually qualified for the champions league 

3 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Awryt calm down a wee bit mate . Celtic have no intention of signing walker . Particularly now they have actually qualified for the champions league 

I wasn't being serious with that part, but would I be surprised? No, not after the Scott Allan scenario.

1 hour ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Utterly grim.

This is why I've been convinced we needed a three or four year plan. Everyone accept a degree of mediocrity for a few years, while we stockpile the saved cash. Then spend it at the end of the saving period to put together a team with some kind of chance of beating them.

The alternative is where we are now, pissing away what money we have each season on aged well known players and journeymen such as what we've been doing for a long time now. Last year was Clint Hill and Kranjcar, this year its Alves and Pena. We're never beating sellik any time soon with teams of the standard we're putting together at the moment. 

To me that's the only way we can beat them, other than getting jammy as fuck and uncover a few gems on the cheap, or else we somehow get bankrolled by a rich cunt. Where we are just now is the definition of long term mediocrity which the majority of the support have not yet woken up to. 

We still haven't recovered from getting pumped down to the bottom, plenty said we should have been building, not bringing in has beens and journeymen.

Delila brought in most of that lot, they've had at least three years to gel and improve, Brenda only needed to bring in a couple of quality players, if we had done things right we would now have a squad equal to if not better.

2 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Utterly grim.

Spot on. It's about time the majority of our fans realise how far in front they are of us on the park.

all you hear is aye they're average apart from this player that player etc. you know what no sadly they are a good team and we need to see that.

if more of our fans got realistic rather than expecting us just to suddenly beat them all of a sudden then we may have a better chance.

we need investment and to give the manager time for it to work 

If we plan now for making an attempt to beat them in the 10 in a row season (three years of stockpiling cash), we stand a better chance of doing it than what we're doing now.

I know what I'm saying will never happen.

We're going to have to get incredibly lucky or they're going to do it. 

11 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

We still haven't recovered from getting pumped down to the bottom, plenty said we should have been building, not bringing in has beens and journeymen.

Delila brought in most of that lot, they've had at least three years to gel and improve, Brenda only needed to bring in a couple of quality players, if we had done things right we would now have a squad equal to if not better.

Getting thrown down was obviously the biggest cause of the situation right now . However I still think the extra year down in the championship was the biggest fuck up of it all . The writing was on the wall with ally early on as a manager and we continued to let him fuck about in the lower divisions spunking money all over the place . 

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Getting thrown down was obviously the biggest cause of the situation right now . However I still think the extra year down in the championship was the biggest fuck up of it all . The writing was on the wall with ally early on as a manager and we continued to let him fuck about in the lower divisions spunking money all over the place . 

If we got promoted that season he'd just have spunked money the following season and most likely got punted then. 

Archived