* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All McGinn is is a like-for-like replacement for Scott Brown. Give McGinn a year or so to settle in as Brown winds it down.

He's an alright player, nothing special but he's got the engine and drive they will need for when Brown steps aside.

Won't lose any sleep over it if he signs for them, eithers. As someone else said he's better than what we've got in central midfield but he's not taking celtic up a level either. I'd be happy if they spunked 4-5 million on him in all honesty.

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

All McGinn is is a like-for-like replacement for Scott Brown. Give McGinn a year or so to settle in as Brown winds it down.

He's an alright player, nothing special but he's got the engine and drive they will need for when Brown steps aside.

Won't lose any sleep over it if he signs for them, eithers. As someone else said he's better than what we've got in central midfield but he's not taking celtic up a level either. I'd be happy if they spunked 4-5 million on him in all honesty.

Do you not think it is a step backwards?(Hear me out).

He is a like-for-like replacement, that is true. But McGinn is not going to get his own way or be able to prat about like the " plastic big man " like Brown has done over the last few years, with our demotion, and then weaker team when we have came back up. 

I am not sure how our midfield will play, physically, but I dont see anyone in an opponents team getting their own way as much if Gerrard instills his own thoughts and mindset, and possible further scrutiny on refs here if the English media take an interest more in our games  I have no evidence of this yet, obviously, just a thought.

One other thing Brown is good at (this isnt a compliment) is that he constantly gets involved with refs and into their heads whenever the taigs are fouled or give a foul away. He constantly makes refs double doubt decisions. If McGinn doesnt do this from day one, he is already on the backfoot.

The taigs needed someone who was better, not on par, as their days of dominance and refereeing the game themselves will gradually die out... 

3 minutes ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

Tarriers undervaluing players....shocking!

Where's the hivs assistant saying they'll need to fork out 6 mill?

If your'e hibs would you not be asking for similar money to what they received for Armstrong?

Both into the final years of their deals and you could argue Mcginn had a better season.....surely that would be a common sense approach and see how much the tarriers are playing the game?

There will be an ‘undisclosed’ fee, Hibs playing the figure up to appease their fans (crazy not to take good money for an asset that’ll be worthless in months) and no doubt celtic not contradicting this as they want to be the billy big boots of Scottish football. Tbh think they will settle between 2-3 mil or maybe less with a player thrown in but either way he’s no better than what they already have...

HiParker said: “celtic have submitted a bid as we all know, but John is our player. I don’t know what price we would be looking for. You would need to ask the board that.

Oh my what a shock....no shouting about a team having to spend a large chunk of their budget or stupidly inflated valuation...I wonder why...

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Surely not another lie by the Scottish media to hype up a tarrier player? 

Absolute fucking nonsense. £25 million for Tierney, the papers ran with that for 3 consecutive days convincing people Everton were going to bid lol. 

9EC0C4F2-3BF5-4AA2-8B6E-3887767E0795.png

this is the way these cunts work .fire made up stories all over the place with hugely inflated fees .so that when they finally do get an offer the buying team pays a bit more than the player is actually worth. 

perfect example was the dembelle story last January deadline day .it was the main story that Chelsea had bid 40m .a few days later th3 Chelsea manager says they didn't bid .but that fake story is still out there and he will eventually go for more than he is worth. 

no integrity whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

this is the way these cunts work .fire made up stories all over the place with hugely inflated fees .so that when they finally do get an offer the buying team pays a bit more than the player is actually worth. 

perfect example was the dembelle story last January deadline day .it was the main story that Chelsea had bid 40m .a few days later th3 Chelsea manager says they didn't bid .but that fake story is still out there and he will eventually go for more than he is worth. 

no integrity whatsoever. 

That are bumming up dembelle at the moment so when he doesn’t sell they can claim it’s as good as signing a forty million pound player.

Archived