* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

I can’t wait to see what happens with broon  when Arfield and Coulibaly are all over him. Unleash the hounds! 

I think we've finally got a midfield that'll stand up to that moron and show him up for the completely average player he is.

The fact that someone with his level of ability has dominated games against us shows how far we'd fallen. Enough is enough though. 

1 minute ago, DW1872 said:

I think we've finally got a midfield that'll stand up to that moron and show him up for the completely average player he is.

The fact that someone with his level of ability has dominated games against us shows how far we'd fallen. Enough is enough though. 

No more soft touch midfield now. Hunting in packs putting teams out of their stride. Great to see. 

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

No more soft touch midfield now. Hunting in packs putting teams out of their stride. Great to see. 

It certainly is, and not before time. Big Coulibaly certainly isn't pulling out of any tackles! 

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

I can’t wait to see what happens with broon  when Arfield and Coulibaly are all over him. Unleash the hounds! 

Absolutely mate.  

That team feeds of him and his arrogance that we allow to develop by giving him the middle of the park to swan around in.  Equally if he crumbles they follow. 

There a few fair remarks going around about us giving him too much air time and to be honest I agree however totally believe that he makes them tick, like you I cannot wait to see him crumble, as he is simply not good enough when put under pressure. 

They've had a huge turnover of players who have never kicked a ball since Lennon took over from Mowbray.  Most Tim fans wouldn't recognise the names.  I can believe Brenda's story re Lawell calling the shots to be honest, Musonda being a glaring example. Compper, Gamboa, the list goes on.

27 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Is it really 50 million?

That's 50 players on 20k a week. Or 25 on 40k...

Their manager is on £2 million plus a year alone. Don’t let them fool you, £30 million drop in turnover will be massive for them. They’re trying to flog their players round Europe now the EPL window is shut but you can’t sell when no one wants to buy. 

Pretty sure last time I checked their wage bill was £52 million. ??

18 minutes ago, tm91 said:

It's in their accounts. 52 million in 2017. :lol:  Their expenditure on salaries jumped up from £36m in 2016. Wonder what happened then to make them spend so much more...

Without Champions League Group stage money and their feeder-club Southampton transfer strategy they're fucked.

This! The profit they posted was basically the Champions League money. 

7 minutes ago, B1872 said:

This! The profit they posted was basically the Champions League money. 

They think they've been sensible too with limited transfers each window, but someone posted a list the other day of players brought in since Brenda arrived and it is a decent amount in wages and transfer fees for only a few changes since Delia left. 

Said it from the start if we get our act together, and they let Rodgers spend, they're financial advantage will vanish within a season or two. 

We need to play smart off the field, if we can get a title and a crack at the CL groups, whilst keeping the wage bill 50% of theirs we will be jamming

6 minutes ago, GT66 said:

They think they've been sensible too with limited transfers each window, but someone posted a list the other day of players brought in since Brenda arrived and it is a decent amount in wages and transfer fees for only a few changes since Delia left. 

Said it from the start if we get our act together, and they let Rodgers spend, they're financial advantage will vanish within a season or two. 

We need to play smart off the field, if we can get a title and a crack at the CL groups, whilst keeping the wage bill 50% of theirs we will be jamming

They’ve spent £7 million on Gamboa, Compper and Kouassi as well which people forget about. First things first hopefully AEK Athens fuck them out and then you’ll see them trying to punt their players even more than usual. Main thing is they won’t be strengthening if they go out.

Archived