* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Amato said:

So Man City buy him, immediately loan him to celtic for two years but grant them an option to buy at the end of the loan period? Before even knowing how good he might be? So basically he'll be good enough for celtic in which case they'll buy him with him having never played for City, or he won't be good enough in which case City will be getting a shite player returned to them.

Why are Man City signing up for this?

They did the same with Aaron Mooy as well so it's quite odd I guess it's the loan fees they are making money on.

30 minutes ago, Amato said:

So Man City buy him, immediately loan him to celtic for two years but grant them an option to buy at the end of the loan period? Before even knowing how good he might be? So basically he'll be good enough for celtic in which case they'll buy him with him having never played for City, or he won't be good enough in which case City will be getting a shite player returned to them.

Why are Man City signing up for this?

Lawwell junior.....

3 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

celtic have been given the option to buy him after the loan so I'm guessing he ain't that special or else City would hang on to him. 

surely not .this means Man City are buying a player on behalf of another club .

if the player turns out shite he's Man City's responsibility. 

if he turns out good then it's a no risk strategy for the taigs .

Sporting integrity indeed 

On ClydeSSB earlier they said celtic only have an option to buy Arzani if Man City aren't interested in keeping him after the two year loan period.  It's more like a first refusal option.  

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

On ClydeSSB earlier they said celtic only have an option to buy Arzani if Man City aren't interested in keeping him after the two year loan period.  It's more like a first refusal option.  

That would seem more likely, the other scenario suggested makes no sense at all for city. They will surely be calling the shots, the deal must be loaded in their favour

10 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

That would seem more likely, the other scenario suggested makes no sense at all for city. They will surely be calling the shots, the deal must be loaded in their favour

Man City paid just £280k for Arzani so if he doesn't develop at celtic he'll be punted and they've lost nothing.  If the player does develop in to someone with EPL potential they'll take him back and leave celtic empty handed.  Even with Mooy, Man City inserted a 'buy back option' so even after the player was sold they could later go in and grab him if they wanted.  Man City aren't mugs this deal will certainly favour them.

celtic have a right to buy (but only if he's shite).

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

surely not .this means Man City are buying a player on behalf of another club .

if the player turns out shite he's Man City's responsibility. 

if he turns out good then it's a no risk strategy for the taigs .

Sporting integrity indeed 

I said in an earlier post this sounds wrong and I do not understand how they get away with this, but probably not illegal unfortunately. 

Wankers. 

1 hour ago, TMB said:

“Haw Tam, gonnae dae us a favour big man, gonnae buy a dug and then len me it? I’ll feed it and exercise it and shit but it’ll still be your dug. Mind ah looked after your other wee dug, Tam, eh? Just need another wan and cannae buy it masel, man”

:pipe:

Archived