* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

Looked to me like he was just outlining the possible procedures in a neutral way, and if anything, the bit saying "I understand the case and the question will be whether the fielding of a player who was apparently suspended would lead to the forfeiture of the game or not" sounded negative to me.

Either way, he's not the one who does the judging.

you may be correct but I think wat hes saying is whether the fielding of an ineligible player would justify overturning of the result rather than whether uefa have followed their law, the cas can provide their own arbitrary judgement rather than just check uefa have followed their procedure

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That mob and their supporters don't care how they win.

Remember that before Legia were kicked out, that the scum were screaming for Liewell's blood after the game because he had sold all of their stars.

They seem to have forgotten about that for now. Usual practice, keep quiet while UEFA are watching.

A few defeats and the outcry will be back !!!

Tbh I only see that as the CAS guy telling them what the options are

I'm not getting my hopes up. The UEFA punishment stated in their rules does seem very harsh and the havingg to be named in the squad list when he is suspended is counterintuitive. I suspect that would be the basis of the appeal which seems reasonable. But we're not professional pen-pushers like the bureaucrats in charge of the rules.

Absolutely ridiculous decision, because Legia hadn't actually registered the player as part of their squad it was deemed the suspension hadn't yet come into effect. He wasn't registered because he couldn't play due to suspension. This isn't a case of Legia flaunting the rules or even UEFA twisting the rules, it is simply a very grey area where no party is right or wrong and for that reason Legia should be reinstated and UEFA should have their rules written in a very straight forward black and white set of legislation, because as far as Legia were concerned the player in question had missed the first 3 European games.

That's exactly right,mate! It is the most stupid way to write a rule I have ever seen. As I said yesterday to Rfc52; in the olden days the rule was if you were suspended /banned your name didn't go on the team sheet because if it was there your team forfeited the match 3-0, otherwise known as "Yer suspended and no' playing so don't bring yer fucking boots"

Could some tech literate individual explain how to post links been a member for a while only recently started posting thanks in advance

If you need assistance, send me a PM mate and I'll see if I can help you (tu):pipe:

Finished. reports that UEFA are not supporting the fast track to CAS. Means it will be months. Makes any result meaningless.

Right or wrong, Celtic have twice lost on the park, and won in the rules.

My Legia mate from Warsaw seems to be under the impression that Legia,UEFA and the tarriers must agree to a fast track agreement before it will go to CAS by Monday at the latest.

I told him that if they are waiting for Mhank FC to agree then they will be waiting a fucking long time.

Probably another Japanese tour in the making.

it is simply a very grey area

it isnt really a grey area at all though, the rules state that you must be registered for a match squad to complete a suspension, thats the rules that everyone agrees to play under (for now)

Legia didnt abide by this, honest mistake from them but they still didnt abide by the rule, so UEFA had to punish them, Legia were in the wrong accidentally but they were still in the wrong

I hate the tarriers getting another shot at this, but the fact that UEFA HAVENT bent their rules due to pressure and the actual result means then that no one else can try to get them to bend the rules

UEFA had to be solid about this or else everyone would be complaining about decisions

Toggle the menu ⋯WidgetYahoo

Legia seeks CAS ruling to play in Champs LeagueAssociated Press

35 minutes ago

LAUSANNE, Switzerland (AP) — Legia Warsaw has filed an urgent appeal with sport's highest court to be reinstated in the Champions League playoff round next week.

Legia were disqualified by UEFA for fielding a suspended player as a late substitute in their 2-0 win over Celtic in the second leg of the third qualifying round.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport says it set a 1600 GMT Monday deadline to decide if Legia gets an interim ruling to replace Celtic as Maribor's opponent on Wednesday.

The 3-0 default victory awarded to Celtic sent it through on away goals with a 4-4 aggregate score.

CAS says it asked UEFA and Celtic to respond to Legia's legal challenge.

Legia blamed human error for defender Bartosz Bereszynski not being registered for an earlier qualifying round while suspended.

Thanks ozblue

Yahoo - ABC News Network

BackShare

Read that CAS decision is final so if they reinstate Legia the scum can't do a thing about it.

Mon the CAS

Neither can UEFA, which will piss them off if CAS overturn the decision; rightly so in my opinion because having to have a suspended player on a teamsheet for a game he can't play in is as daft as it gets. UEFA do rules.....if only they did common sense.

I believed uefa would kick out the email but In not so sure about the CAS.

A good story in the record where JT is giving these scum bags all the abuse they deserve.

Hopefully the world of football will now open their eyes about this sordid and poor excuse for a football club:

Bitter Legia Warsaw legend Jan Tomaszewski calls for European football fans to hound Celtic across the continent

16 August 2014 03:00 AM By Craig Swan

TOMASZEWSKI called for calls fans across Europe to slaughter the Hoops wherever they go after branding the Parkhead club's refusal to engage with Legia as dishonourable.

Allsport

Poland hero Jan Tomaszewski

BITTER Polish legend Jan Tomaszewski has called for European football fans to gang up and hound Celtic across the continent.

The former Legia Warsaw player is disgusted at the Scottish champions over their handling of the affair which saw the Poles kicked out of the Champions League. Despite Polish FA chief Zbigniew Boniek branding Legia incompetent earlier in the week over their horrendous blunder, Tomaszewski let rip last night.

And his blast came hot on the heels of a mini victory for Legia in their fight to return to the tournament – after the Court of Arbitration for Sport named Monday as the date to rule on their case.

Celtic were reinstated by UEFA after Henning Berg used banned star Bartosz Bereszynski for the final few minutes at Murrayfield.

But Tomaszewski, famed for his incredible display against England at Wembley in 1973, says Celtic’s refusal to engage with Legia since the decision is dishonourable.

And he has now gone a step further by calling for fans across Europe to slaughter the Hoops wherever they go.

VIEW GALLERY

Tomaszewski’s comments are sure to irk the Celtic hierarchy who have maintained a dignified silence since the row erupted.

Last night he said: “This has been the biggest scandal in the history of sport. I now want that Celtic go to stadiums around the world and get boos and whistles for the entire 90 minutes.

“I thought honour was not something you could buy but we have found that not having any is actually worth some money.

“I feel sorry for Celtic fans because they have behaved with real dignity. I feel sorry for the players who accepted defeat with their heads down and offered congratulations to Legia.

“I feel wholeheartedly it is the main people of Celtic who have contributed to this. I hope they soon have a bone in their throat with this affair and they choke.

“I appeal to fans all over the world. Receive this club, because unfortunately this club must be responsible for their owners or decision-makers, and treat them as they deserve.

“This is not justice and these people have not just desecrated Legia but European football. And they have shown that money is more important than honour.”

Meanwhile, the CAS responded positively to the Poles’ request for a fast-tracking of their hearing and will immediately deal with the affair.

In a statement last night, the CAS said: “Legia requests urgent provisional measures allowing the club to participate in the play-offs of the Champions League.

“More generally, the club requests that the UEFA decision be set aside and all sanctions against the club annulled.

“The CAS has immediately initiated an arbitration procedure and the respondents, UEFA and Celtic, have been invited to file written observations.

“A decision on request for provisional measures is likely to be issued on Monday, August 18 at around 6pm.”

A very valid point by someone on twitter Legia make a mistake and lose 3-0 Celtic player blatantly cheats by diving to win a penalty against St Johnstone and they win 3-0

Where's the justice

Not a valid point whatsoever. There's a difference between a player being on the field and diving to win a penalty and a player being on the field when he should be serving a ban.

Stop clutching at straws.

Not a valid point whatsoever. There's a difference between a player being on the field and diving to win a penalty and a player being on the field when he should be serving a ban.

so cheating is to be condoned and mistakes punished right you are then

I knew big Tomaszewski would get ripped into them because he's a firebrand who doesn't care who he upsets. He is now a Polish MP for the Law and justice party (PiS) and I met him through a close friend of mine when I was in Poland last year and he was still going off the handle about the Polish national team and their effort at Euro 2012.

He certainly didn't hold back about his old pal and ex Polish manager, Grzegorz Lato and his team of "foreigners" who he derided as a team of "plastic Poles" so State-Aid FC were always going to cop it both barrels from him.

If I manage to meet him again next year I will have to rectify his opinion that the tarrier fans " behaved with real dignity."

Jan! UEFA don't do common sense.....Tarrier fans don't do dignity :pipe:

In reality he served his ban, on paper he didn't. Who says football does not get played on paper.

I knew big Tomaszewski would get ripped into them because he's a firebrand who doesn't care who he upsets. He is now a Polish MP for the Law and justice party (PiS) and I met him through a close friend of mine when I was in Poland last year and he was still going off the handle about the Polish national team and their effort at Euro 2012.

He certainly didn't hold back about his old pal and ex Polish manager, Grzegorz Lato and his team of "foreigners" who he derided as a team of "plastic Poles" so State-Aid FC were always going to cop it both barrels from him.

If I manage to meet him again next year I will have to rectify his opinion that the tarrier fans " behaved with real dignity."

Jan! UEFA don't do common sense.....Tarrier fans don't do dignity :pipe:

It was a fantastic read and basically the scum are in a lose lose position as the true nature of the club has been outed. Their so called reputation is ruined either way :-)

It was a fantastic read and basically the scum are in a lose lose position as the true nature of the club has been outed. Their so called reputation is ruined either way :-)

I bet it must have ripped the heart out of Craig Swan to write about that because from what I gather he's a bit of the wee beasty.

They might have won in the courtroom, but their "world famous reputation" sure as hell has taken a slabbering in Europe over the past week or so, both on and off the park.

My Legia mate from Warsaw has just informed me that Maribor will have a "few extra " supporters in Slovenia when the tims come a calling

This could get interesting :thumbup:

I bet it must have ripped the heart out of Craig Swan to write about that because from what I gather he's a bit of the wee beasty.

They might have won in the courtroom, but their "world famous reputation" sure as hell has taken a slabbering in Europe over the past week or so, both on and off the park.

My Legia mate from Warsaw has just informed me that Maribor will have a "few extra " supporters in Slovenia when the tims come a calling

This could get interesting :thumbup:

Could this be the start of the whole world knowing what we already know when it comes to that lot.

I love how others see them as we do and now hate them.

Archived