* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Hughes leaving inverness ? could he have been tapped up ?

I would be pishing myself for a full week non stop. The look on the tarriers faces when they've been stuck with that goon would be priceless :lol: 

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

PAUL McStay's autobiography The Maestro has been ditched after Celtic fans snubbed his plea to cough up £53,000 to get it published.

The Parkhead hero, 51, was offering memorabilia from his playing days with the Hoops and Scotland to anyone who helped meet the costs of releasing his life story.

But fewer than 200 people backed his appeal, meaning he failed to even reach a quarter of that on crowdfunding website Kickstarter by the deadline.

And one of the offers - a £3,940 personal Q&A appearance from the footie legend - embarrassingly received NO bids.

A source added: “It’s pretty embarrassing.

“McStay has seen other footballers have massive success with their books.

“But for him to get less than 200 fans interested proves he’s no longer got that star power.

“Maybe he waited too long to release his autobiography.

“And now any other attempt to publish it will look desperate.”

McStay retired in 1997 and now lives in Sydney, running coaching software company Maestro Sports.

Launching the campaign last month, McStay said: "I’m nearly 52, I’ve been approached a few times in the past from people wanting to write the book for me.

"And I just felt, it’s about time.

"I sat, reflected on what I’ve done in my life and my career, I thought it’s time to get the story out there.

“I thought it would be an interesting way to launch my autobiography.

“It will give me an idea of how many people will be interested.

“I’d love the fans to engage with this so I can get my story out to all those who were there for me throughout my career.”

The Maestro had been slated for a December release but now it is unclear what will happen.

McStay had planned to reveal all and wanted to use some of the cash raised to pay lawyers.

He said: "It will be a very honest book about my career and my life.

"Part of this campaign with Kickstarter is to cover legal costs.”

Kickstarter's strict rules mean any campaign that fails to reach its funding target is binned.

Their policy states: "If the project falls short, no one is charged. Funding on Kickstarter is all-or-nothing."

Good to see the best fans in the world look after their own. :lol: 

PAUL McStay's autobiography The Maestro has been ditched after Celtic fans snubbed his plea to cough up £53,000 to get it published.

The Parkhead hero, 51, was offering memorabilia from his playing days with the Hoops and Scotland to anyone who helped meet the costs of releasing his life story.

But fewer than 200 people backed his appeal, meaning he failed to even reach a quarter of that on crowdfunding website Kickstarter by the deadline.

And one of the offers - a £3,940 personal Q&A appearance from the footie legend - embarrassingly received NO bids.

“But for him to get less than 200 fans interested proves he’s no longer got that star power.

McStay retired in 1997 and now lives in Sydney, running coaching software company Maestro Sports.

Launching the campaign last month, McStay said: "I’m nearly 52, I’ve been approached a few times in the past from people wanting to write the book for me.

"I sat, reflected on what I’ve done in my life and my career, I thought it’s time to get the story out there.

“I’d love the fans to engage with this so I can get my story out to all those who were there for me throughout my career.”

The Maestro had been slated for a December release but now it is unclear what will happen.

McStay had planned to reveal all and wanted to use some of the cash raised to pay lawyers.

Kickstarter's strict rules mean any campaign that fails to reach its funding target is binned.

Their policy states: "If the project falls short, no one is charged. Funding on Kickstarter is all-or-nothing."

That's a shame . . . . . . ..I'll bet it had lots of potential :D 

The Maestro:P  ffs . yes a typical beggar leg end

3 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Looks like Brenda is a done deal according to the pundits on the radio, be some red faces if it's not him.

Given their recent record on anything Irish kafflic related predictions, you can only expect them to be spectacularly wrong.

septic in Europe, twice, D. hivs saving themselves, and the pure hivs going up to their deserved place in the premiership.

If you ever want to win some money in the bookies, just listen to what they have to say, then back the opposite.

16 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Remember he threw his jersey into the Jungle to say farewell after the last game of the season.....then he was back the next season because nobody wanted to sign him :D

Aye that's right :lol: 

Never did get the ' maestro ' bit. 

Kerrydale Meltdown‏@KerryFail

Am I the only 1 tempted ti buy old Sevco tops, just so the money goes ti Mike Ashley? (On the recent Rangers Retail developments)

2 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

His big mistake, it should be about Rangers, the scum would have funded that. (tu)

49 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Kerrydale Meltdown‏@KerryFail

Am I the only 1 tempted ti buy old Sevco tops, just so the money goes ti Mike Ashley? (On the recent Rangers Retail developments)

That one is a fucking belter :lol: Their obsession stretches to actually buying our merchandise :lol: 

For someone that was on the brink of accepting the job yesterday.. Seems like he needs some pushing both the sun and record have Warburton backing Rodgers Suarez in tomorrow's record also backing him. Hahahaha. Almost like a c'mon mate every cunt wants you here look..

14 minutes ago, TheQueensEleven said:

Bringing in Rodgers as the highest paid manager in Scottish football history... and giving him £15m to spend hahaha.... You'd think they were shiting themselves or something.

where you see that about 15mill??

Archived