* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

where you see that about 15mill??

Daily Mail.... Taking it with a massive pinch of salt, mainly because I think they're skint as fuck and leading the dhims on.

'Celtic hope to unveil Brendan Rodgers as their new manager early next week – and are willing to hand the former Liverpool boss a £15million budget for transfers and wages to rebuild the squad.

Rodgers has been offered a salary and benefits package which would make him the highest-paid boss in the club’s history.

And his potential arrival has already enthused Rangers counterpart Mark Warburton, who admitted he would relish locking horns with his ex-Watford colleague.'

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheQueensEleven said:

Daily Mail.... Taking it with a massive pinch of salt, mainly because I think they're skint as fuck and leading the dhims on.

'Celtic hope to unveil Brendan Rodgers as their new manager early next week – and are willing to hand the former Liverpool boss a £15million budget for transfers and wages to rebuild the squad.

Rodgers has been offered a salary and benefits package which would make him the highest-paid boss in the club’s history.

And his potential arrival has already enthused Rangers counterpart Mark Warburton, who admitted he would relish locking horns with his ex-Watford colleague.'

Doesn't look to be locked in talks here. He's just flown out to Majorca. Plus he's met their fans.

http://talkingbaws.com/2016/05/celtic-fan-meets-brendan-rodgers-in-majorca-awkwardly-asks-if-hes-next-boss/?

Ok he can fly back by next week, and talks could be carried out over the phone. But even so.

9 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

PAUL McStay's autobiography The Maestro has been ditched after Celtic fans snubbed his plea to cough up £53,000 to get it published.

Fuck me 53,000 quid, what was it getting printed with fucking gold leaf or something?

Mine was way cheaper than that, I got a 50% discount at the time and paid 750 quid, great what you can get when you shop around!

Mine is a far better read than what that shite would have been.

Now come on, if you had to choose who's would you read? You're getting held at gun point?

And don't say fucking shoot me!

1 hour ago, DJXL said:

Fuck me 53,000 quid, what was it getting printed with fucking gold leaf or something?

Mine was way cheaper than that, I got a 50% discount at the time and paid 750 quid, great what you can get when you shop around!

Mine is a far better read than what that shite would have been.

Now come on, if you had to choose who's would you read? You're getting held at gun point?

And don't say fucking shoot me!

I would fucking shoot you then ram your shitey book up your fanny.

£15mill to spend?:lol: After Lawwell saying they have nowhere near that amount to spend on transfers:lol:

I think this is a classic case of Rodgers whoring himself out to the EPL with teams who have managers on the brink or those who don't have a manager. Am thinking Watford, West Brom etc. Going from £10mill a year to £1.5mill a year basically risking your managerial career because if you fuck it up here you'll have an extremely hard time getting back into the EPL. 

I also think it's a classic case of cellic playing their fans and the media like fiddles for a few extra ST sales and to stop the media talking about the final. 

I still think they'll end up with Keane or Lenny or hopefully John Hughes but even if it is Rodgers it doesn't worry me in the slightest. 

9 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

£15mill to spend?:lol: After Lawwell saying they have nowhere near that amount to spend on transfers:lol:

I think this is a classic case of Rodgers whoring himself out to the EPL with teams who have managers on the brink or those who don't have a manager. Am thinking Watford, West Brom etc. Going from £10mill a year to £1.5mill a year basically risking your managerial career because if you fuck it up here you'll have an extremely hard time getting back into the EPL. 

I also think it's a classic case of cellic playing their fans and the media like fiddles for a few extra ST sales and to stop the media talking about the final. 

I still think they'll end up with Keane or Lenny or hopefully John Hughes but even if it is Rodgers it doesn't worry me in the slightest. 

Fucking hilarious if it's Hughes!

35 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Anyone see the series channel 5 did a couple of years back when they followed liverpool on pre-season?

The way he came across was just cringy, he was like a david brent type x10!! 

The scene with Sterling :disappointment:

5 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Anyone see the series channel 5 did a couple of years back when they followed liverpool on pre-season?

The way he came across was just cringy, he was like a david brent type x10!! 

We are Liverpool. It was a total pile of Americanised shite. 

I think we all expected this when the news first broke about him being in talks, they weren't going to announce it unless he was keen. 

Like I've said, he's nothing to be afraid of, we have our own manager who has already implemented a playing system similar to the way Rodgers plays

Archived