* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, livibear101 said:

I'm sure he stated In his book he grew up a Liverpool fan and idolised players such as fowler and ince 

I’m sure there’s a photo of him somewhere as a wee boy wearing an Everton top posing with the FA Cup.  Pretty sure Carragher was an Everton fan aswell.

23 minutes ago, BF2 said:

I’m sure there’s a photo of him somewhere as a wee boy wearing an Everton top posing with the FA Cup.  Pretty sure Carragher was an Everton fan aswell.

Carragher is definetly an Everton fan but I still think gerrard grew up a Liverpool fan from what I can remember of his book 

Just now, livibear101 said:

Carragher is definetly an Everton fan but I still think gerrard grew up a Liverpool fan from what I can remember of his book 

You could be right, I'm not entirely sure.  I could be getting Gerrard mixed up with Kane who grew up an Arsenal fan.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

His uncle put the kit on him to stand beside the trophy that Everton had just won. Sure that's the story anyway.

If his uncle forces him in to doing things, he'll fit right in at the tarriers :lol: 

6 hours ago, Goianegra said:

Wasn't Rodgers the one that forced him out of Liverpool? Why would he want to work with him again?

There's only one team he ever wanted to play for - his dad used to take him to all the games when he was a boy...etc etc 

6 hours ago, Goianegra said:

Wasn't Rodgers the one that forced him out of Liverpool? Why would he want to work with him again?

I think if I remember correctly your spot on mate...The 2 of them had a bit of a falling out, Because Brenda felt undermined and less popular than gerrard..and he wanted rid of him hence he forced him out.. 

5 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Gerrard, carragher, mcmanaman were all blues

Aye and they're also all celtic fans. Can't be fucked posting but there's photos of Carragher up at Parkhead with his son. Mcmanaman has never hidden it and Gerard talks about it in his book. Personally I think the three of them are worst cunts! ??

3 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

I think if I remember correctly your spot on mate...The 2 of them had a bit of a falling out, Because Brenda felt undermined and less popular than gerrard..and he wanted rid of him hence he forced him out.. 

Would be a completely different scenario up in Glasgow, though. 

48 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Aye and they're also all celtic fans. Can't be fucked posting but there's photos of Carragher up at Parkhead with his son. Mcmanaman has never hidden it and Gerard talks about it in his book. Personally I think the three of them are worst cunts! ??

Haven't met many Scousers who aren't.

I know tims are delusional but this is something else :lol:
Sean Winter, the fenian midfielder that plays for East Kilbride is certainly delusional in this article:

SEAN WINTER insists Celtic paved the way for East Kilbride’s world record success and their incredible support from Dutch giants Ajax.

The Kilby midfielder helped the Lowland League leaders smash the world record for consecutive wins set by Johan Cruyff’s Ajax in 1971/72, as they racked up their 27th straight win with a 3-1 triumph over BSC Glasgow.

The Amsterdam outfit tweeted EK to congratulate them on equalling their record of 26 wins last week and Winter didn’t think it could get much better.

He looked on in disbelief on Saturday afternoon as an Ajax-branded van drove on to the K-Park pitch to deliver 27 crates of beer (one for each of their wins) and a video message from legendary Dutch goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar.

East Kilbride were congratulated by Dutch legend Edwin Van Der Sar and Ajax after breaking their world record for consecutive wins

It sent East Kilbride FC global as their story and the touch of class from Ajax went viral. But Hoops fan Winter, who has scored 16 goals in EK’s 27-game run, insists none of it would have been possible were it not for their match with Celtic in last season’s Scottish Cup – a game he actually missed due to a family holiday in Australia.

Kilby lost 2-0 to Ronny Delia’s side but the David versus Goliath tussle generated huge publicity, putting the minnows on the map.

And Winter said: “This whole story is unbelievable and I can’t quite get my head around it.

“I think a big part of it has been Ajax getting involved and for them to come over is unreal.

“A legend of the game like van der Sar mentioning East Kilbride – a wee town that he’s probably never heard of – is incredible.

"But if we didn’t have the Celtic game we wouldn’t be in this situation.

I don’t think we would have attracted attention from the media in the first place, so Celtic have played a massive part in us going on this run.

We wouldn’t have attracted the players we have done this season either, guys like Adam Strachan, Kieran Gibbons, Joao Victoria and Robbie Winters. These players maybe wouldn’t have given us a second thought if they hadn’t seen us play Celtic.

As soon as East Kilbride are mentioned in a cup draw or anything now, probably everyone in Britain knows who we are.

I think it would have taken 10 to 15 years for people to recognise us if we hadn’t had these two massive events this year.”

Ajax brought their own camera crew to Kilby’s home ground to film the game, using drones to capture match highlights and game footage for Ajax TV. The club were also presented with a framed, signed shirt from the current Eredivisie side. The video from Ajax TV has since been viewed nearly half a million times on social media.

And former Stranraer star Winter added:

“The Ajax story has just grown arms and legs. It’s all over the world and that’s not an exaggeration. It genuinely is everywhere.

It’s been a crazy year-and-a-half at this club with the Celtic game and now Ajax congratulating us.

People questioned me and Barry Russell leaving Stranraer for East Kilbride a couple of seasons ago but I don’t think anyone will question it again after what’s happened. I’ve had a lot more exposure at EK than I had in five successful years at Stranraer.”

Fuck sake, it reads like a parody article :lol:doh

Archived