* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

Until we can start winning consistently against everyone else in this league there's no point in even worrying about Celtic.  Even if we won all 4 Old Firm games during last years league season Celtic would've comfortably won the title.  I'm forever hearing Hugh Keevins on SSB say that Rangers biggest problem is Brendan Rodgers but how can that be when we haven't yet overcome everyone else in the league?  We finished behind Aberdeen last season, we're two games in to this season and have already suffered a defeat.  Celtic will only be a concern for us once we can start beating everyone else consistently and establish ourselves as the best of the rest. 

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Until we can start winning consistently against everyone else in this league there's no point in even worrying about Celtic.  Even if we won all 4 Old Firm games during last years league season Celtic would've comfortably won the title.  I'm forever hearing Hugh Keevins on SSB say that Rangers biggest problem is Brendan Rodgers but how can that be when we haven't yet overcome everyone else in the league?  We finished behind Aberdeen last season, we're two games in to this season and have already suffered a defeat.  Celtic will only be a concern for us once we can start beating everyone else consistently and establish ourselves as the best of the rest. 

My biggest issue is that logically I think to myself in  2,3,4 years time we will be up there and challenging and hopefully winning the title and I should accept that . But emotionally I just can't ignore the thought of them doing ten in a row . 

1 minute ago, The Monk said:

Tbh I wouldn't know I'm only 21 :lol:

They would go into games away at Tyncastle in erly October knowing if they dropped points the league was gone. It drove them, (Tommmy Burns specifically) absolutley demented.

We must never become that.

Just now, Bighouse said:

They would go into games away at Tyncastle in erly October knowing if they dropped points the league was gone. It drove them, (Tommmy Burns specifically) absolutley demented.

We must never become that.

I'm not far off becoming demented to be fair. Nah I'm sure things will eventually start going in our favour it's just that with 10 in a row were racing against the clock.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

:tu: the games against them will take care of themselves. Beating hibs and hearts at home shouldmbe our priority.

Seen this on some comment somewhere about area around piggery :lol:

I've ruined so many trainers from stepping in dog shit, the problem is most dog owners don't pick up their dogs shit, you just don't see this kind of thing in lot of other European countries letting your dog shit and not picking it up is the same as having a shit yourself in the middle of the street.

It's the H*** that leave it.

1 hour ago, Band of Brothers said:

I've ruined so many trainers from stepping in dog shit, the problem is most dog owners don't pick up their dogs shit, you just don't see this kind of thing in lot of other European countries letting your dog shit and not picking it up is the same as having a shit yourself in the middle of the street.

Aye the place is full of h**s and their dugs :lol:

4 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

Don't know what they're complaining about, smells much the same inside the piggery aswell, they even put a letter out about it :lol:

5 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Well they're in the CL now and even if they get skelped, they will get the chance to showcase him, if he scores goals they'll get there money for him.

True although it doesny matter who they get in the CL , no way will Saint Brenda be showcasing anyone , he'll be wanting to try n get them further , They also won't be scoring a lot of goals in it  either 

Bar Sinclair and in flashes Dembele, their squad is very average. It's not even much different to Delia's team who couldn't buy a win at times during his reign. What they were clever in doing was getting in a very good manager (for the league he works in) who can get some very ordinary players to go above and beyond. 

Their marquee signing upon our return to the top league was the manager. I'm still behind Pedro but this is something we should've looked in to after Warburton's departure. 

They are very good just now, by Scottish standards, and unfortunately they are brim full of confidence, but nothing lasts forever.

We are miles behind, but not so far behind that the task is insurmountable. For me, this year is all about building again. I don't care what any numpty says, we cannot win the league this year. However, we can improve on last year and we can try and finish the season in clear 2nd place and with a big reduction in the points difference from last year.

What people forget about their wee purple patch is, that it cannot go on indefinitely. There is a glass ceiling in Scotland, and for me, they are there already, so there is nowhere else for them to go but backwards. Hopefully in a hurry, but regardless, it is still an inevitability they will not improve from here, no matter how much money they throw at it.

Folk act as if it's Real Madrid that we are up against. The ten in a row season we bought more players than we needed and we fucked it. The same with Advocaats 3rd season. We bought because we could.

These things can turn at a drop of a hat and I think it will. Just not this season.

A proper manager could stop them in their tracks just like Fartin O'feel did.

7 hours ago, Blue Blooded said:

They are very good just now, by Scottish standards, and unfortunately they are brim full of confidence, but nothing lasts forever.

We are miles behind, but not so far behind that the task is insurmountable. For me, this year is all about building again. I don't care what any numpty says, we cannot win the league this year. However, we can improve on last year and we can try and finish the season in clear 2nd place and with a big reduction in the points difference from last year.

What people forget about their wee purple patch is, that it cannot go on indefinitely. There is a glass ceiling in Scotland, and for me, they are there already, so there is nowhere else for them to go but backwards. Hopefully in a hurry, but regardless, it is still an inevitability they will not improve from here, no matter how much money they throw at it.

I'm sure this is exactly what they were saying in the 90s and it took until us getting 9 in a row for it to change...

9 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

Bar Sinclair and in flashes Dembele, their squad is very average. It's not even much different to Delia's team who couldn't buy a win at times during his reign. What they were clever in doing was getting in a very good manager (for the league he works in) who can get some very ordinary players to go above and beyond. 

Their marquee signing upon our return to the top league was the manager. I'm still behind Pedro but this is something we should've looked in to after Warburton's departure. 

What does this make us then? They'll fucking walk the lg again.  Admit it they're aye a good side, and we've a lot of catching up to do. 

11 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

What does this make us then? They'll fucking walk the lg again.  Admit it they're aye a good side, and we've a lot of catching up to do. 

Don't see anyone disagreeing that they're a good side (domestically) and yes of course we have alot of catching up to do. We are already 3 points behind them after 2 games.

Archived