* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

Just now, Getstiffed said:

:lol: You don't need to be an accountant to work out that a company that requires its overdraft every May isn't doing as well as you'd think.

The 30 million will cover their operating costs. Nothing else.

You remind me of Jay from The Inbetweeners; the one where they went camping and he's stopping the car from going in the river, but he's using abysmal logic to justify letting it go in the river.

"The tarriers are getting £30M in Champions League money, but they receive next to fuck all for winning the league... and they're still paying-off their training ground... and they're still paying Deila... they're basically fucking rooked".

They've got Rodgers, Sinclair, Dembele and safe standing because they're financially stable.

What have we got? A fucking second-rate Portuguese cunt who's half-achieved something in Mexico.

We can pretend it's fine and predict that they'll eventually crumble, but in reality we're onto another hiding, so let's wake-up. That's my point.

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

You remind me of Jay from The Inbetweeners; the one where they went camping and he's stopping the car from going in the river, but he's using abysmal logic to justify letting it go in the river.

"The tarriers are getting £30M in Champions League money, but they receive next to fuck all for winning the league... and they're still paying-off their training ground... and they're still paying Deila... they're basically fucking rooked".

They've got Rodgers, Sinclair, Dembele and safe standing because they're financially stable.

What have we got? A fucking second-rate Portuguese cunt who's half-achieved something in Mexico.

We can pretend it's fine and predict that they'll eventually crumble, but in reality we're onto another hiding, so let's wake-up. That's my point.

Right so they won't be sitting in May next year with 30 odd million sitting in their accounts.

Cheers for clearing up that fact.

Credit where credit is due, they had an excellent result last night and can ring up the cash register now. However, I heard McInnes talking about the cash making them difficult to compete against. The rest of Scottish football only have themselves to blame; their hatred for all things Rangers and choosing to (and continuing to) shaft us whenever possible has contributed to benefitting the mhanks and having them sail over the horizon. They all (stupidly) thought others could step up and challenge. Don't make me laugh, there is only one team that will ever win the league away from them and we all know who it is. 

2 hours ago, Moody Blue said:

Credit where credit is due, they had an excellent result last night and can ring up the cash register now. However, I heard McInnes talking about the cash making them difficult to compete against. The rest of Scottish football only have themselves to blame; their hatred for all things Rangers and choosing to (and continuing to) shaft us whenever possible has contributed to benefitting the mhanks and having them sail over the horizon. They all (stupidly) thought others could step up and challenge. Don't make me laugh, there is only one team that will ever win the league away from them and we all know who it is. 

Get that so far tae fuck.

2 hours ago, Moody Blue said:

They all (stupidly) thought others could step up and challenge. Don't make me laugh, there is only one team that will ever win the league away from them and we all know who it is. 

Deila gifted the sheep so many chances to overtake them and win the league in his last season in charge, yet they still couldn't find the consistency to do it. 

12 hours ago, orangecountry said:

Got lucky last night a few times however th result was no fluke. The fact they've got biton playing at CB and still getting by ( conceding 1 goal in about 6 games) shows what a bit of confidence can do for a team. Let's see how they do when they lose a game. Which will probably be Astana away given they're dreadful away record in Europe. 

Once our our squad gets a bit of confidence behind them we'll go on a good run 

we would still be on a high right now if that clown in black did what he was paid to do on Saturday and send that inbreed off in the 8th minute ,1 nil up there's no way we wouldn't have went on to win and no astana result would be stopping us ,

they have form for not reinvesting in the team and lieswell may be told that they have enough on the park to win the league from fritzel ,maybe Saturdays disappointment can turn out positive in the long run 

13 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Get that so far tae fuck.

Believe me that is no love in for them and I have no interest in watching their games like some in here. It WAS an excellent result whether we like it or not and earns them a fucking fortune. My point was about the rest of Scottish football contributing to this but them being oblivious to it because they're more focused on us. 

16 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

There's a happy medium between being loaded and sitting in their over-draft like a student.

Aye and we enjoyed it for near enough 20 years with the CL money all to ourselves.

In all honesty if they were using that money the way they (and some of us) claim then their team, actually squad, would be bursting with quality. It's not. They have 2 or 3 right good players by SPFL standards and the rest are hit and miss.

And its costing them every penny of the fortunes they're making to pay a squad full of average to decent players with a few good ones thrown in here and there.

I just hate this patter about them streaking away from us because they have tons of spare cash lying about as a result of CL qualification.

Its a tight rope they're walking. I just hope there isn't any historical issues that could put them in a position to be sued by someone.

39 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Believe me that is no love in for them and I have no interest in watching their games like some in here. It WAS an excellent result whether we like it or not and earns them a fucking fortune. My point was about the rest of Scottish football contributing to this but them being oblivious to it because they're more focused on us. 

See this fortune mate, its going out the door almost as fast as its coming in. Not on new players or coaches, no. It covers their bloated operating costs. Nothing more nothing less.

There's not an accountant alive that would tell you they would have operated at that level of operating costs without the CL money.

Another thing for people to consider is that Rogers record in the transfer market is woeful. Give him the money I say, won't happen, no matter how many times you hear they're signing 10 million pound players but still it'd be funny to watch him blow their "fortune".

Just now, Getstiffed said:

Aye and we enjoyed it for near enough 20 years with the CL money all to ourselves.

In all honesty if they were using that money the way they (and some of us) claim then their team, actually squad, would be bursting with quality. It's not. They have 2 or 3 right good players by SPFL standards and the rest are hit and miss.

And its costing them every penny of the fortunes they're making to pay a squad full of average to decent players with a few good ones thrown in here and there.

I just hate this patter about them streaking away from us because they have tons of spare cash lying about as a result of CL qualification.

Its a tight rope they're walking. I just hope there isn't any historical issues that could put them in a position to be sued by someone.

Sorry, mate, but that's just a big rant of empty warnings.

Celtic aren't boasting the wealth of Man City or PSG, but they're much wealthier than us and that's a concern when we're talking about catching them.

The Champions League money is huge in Scottish football terms, not mentioning the financial rewards for winning the league, plus the cup. They've also had access to shirt sales which we haven't and season ticket sales, like ours (now), are at a high.

They afforded safe standing how many years ago? Meanwhile we're having to push the club to even consider it and we're haggling over a couple of hundred grand for Jamie Walker while they're spunking £4.5M on that boy in the middle of the park.

I hope and wish that they were walking a tight rope, but evidence and logic suggests that, as I said, your points are merely empty warnings.

Archived