Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stuart_RFC

Old Firm Match Postponed

Aye conned again ! While all you decent law abiding citizens were mourning celtic were scheming ;):sherlock:

I can picture Boruc, Nakamura, Donati, JVOH, Balde etc being in tears over O'Donnell since his passing.

I think not.

SPL company secretary Ian Blair said: "These are never easy decisions. But we recognise that as a former player, Phil was part of Celtic's extended family."

Interview: Former Motherwell manager Tommy McLean

Media conference: Rangers manager Walter Smith

Blair said Celtic requested for the game to be postponed on Monday morning.

"After consultation with Rangers we agreed to postpone the Old Firm fixture on 2 January," he added.

A date has yet to be set for the game to be played.

Motherwell's match against Hibernian and Gretna's game with St Mirren had already been postponed.

Three SPL games - Aberdeen v Inverness, Dundee Utd v Hearts and Kilmarnock v Falkirk will be played on 2 January.

BBC again

You would think if anyone would have needed their game called off it would have been Dundee Utd - their players had to watch the whole tragic episode - but their game goes ahead

Yeah, something smells fishy here

I wonder if all this grief and mourning at Celtic will put them off trying to sign some new players? Probably unveil a few on wednesday itself knowing them.

Smells - BUT the right thing to do.

We will win it anyway.

disagree..the right thing to do would be postpone it on saturday.. doing it this afternoon makes it look uber-suspicious

How funny is it that Jarosik is ruled out this morning & then they ask for it to be postponed :rolleyes:

Paranoidloyal :pipehorse:

I think for once we gotta look at this like their isn't a hidden agenda. If an ex-ger died, we'd like to postpone our next game out of respect, regardless of who it was we were playing.

Just upset, was getting really excited about the game, but i'd rather give the respect he deserves.

Personally think a true mark of respect is a minutes silence, black armbands, singing their name during their match and the players going out there and putting on a true performance.

Yeah, i agree with you. Dedicate the game to him, wear a commemorative shirt.

Postponing the game, in my opinion isn't a mark of respect. His life was football, surely playing football and dedicating the game to him would be more respectful.

If a musician died, then there would be loads of his work played on the radio and on tv, they wouldn't not play his music for a whole day as a mark of respect.

I agree. His life was football. Playing the game in his honour would have been the idea to go with. Have a prematch silence, armbands, whatever is necessasry to celebrate someone's life and their life's passion.

will shefield wed be postponing their game too, bacause he was part of there 'footballing family'

utter pish, they've shat themselves and will have players back and bought new ones too.

THIS IS THE BEST TACTICAL DECISION WEE GINGE HAS EVER MADE HE HAS OUTCLASSED WALTER SMITH WITH THESE TACTICS

i just cant believe some of the responses in this thread,

the guy is'nt even fuckin buried yet and all some people can do is start the paranoia bullshit,

some fuckin football fans eh!!

Sheff weds played against Hull on Sunday

The responses are being drawn out by the timing and issues surrounding the match. It happens.

i dont think the game should have been called off - but i suppose celtic have the right to ask if we would.

i imagine Phil would have liked football to go on, let the fans enjoy their big day, and pay a fitting tribute before the game.

To be honest the game should no way be postponed.

Give him a minutes silence etc, but don't postpone games. Sevilla played 2 games in a week after Puerta died and he was actually playing in their team at the time.

THIS IS THE BEST TACTICAL DECISION WEE GINGE HAS EVER MADE HE HAS OUTCLASSED WALTER SMITH WITH THESE TACTICS

No worries; if this is indeed his "masterstroke", it will backfire on him as we will pump them on the day no matter who they put on the field.

This really should have been foreseen and avoided by the SPL - postpone ALL games in the League, and do it as soon as possible.

Now, whether right or wrong, the conspiracy theories are unavoidable. Ridiculous, because O'Donnell's memory deserves better than that.

No worries; if this is indeed his "masterstroke", it will backfire on him as we will pump them on the day no matter who they put on the field.

This really should have been foreseen and avoided by the SPL - postpone ALL games in the League, and do it as soon as possible.

Now, whether right or wrong, the conspiracy theories are unavoidable. Ridiculous, because O'Donnell's memory deserves better than that.

We will pump them wherever and whenever. I agree to that.

(tu)

This means that mcgeady doesnt miss this game, arguebly celtics best player.

I disagree with this a minutes applause or silence is good enough imo

This means that mcgeady doesnt miss this game, arguebly celtics best player.

We don't know this yet. It would really scummy of Celtic to be accussed of taking advanatge of this situation.