Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stuart_RFC

Old Firm Match Postponed

Question: Why was it only postponed today and not back on the weekend?

maybe Faddy wouldnt have signed to the thursday :rolleyes:

It merely delays when we beat them. If we win our games in hand and go four points clear, then they'll be under more pressure than they were for Wednesday. We may have new players, plus Smith and Webster back, perhaps even Buffel. Jarosik and McGeady rarely influence these matches, anyway. Strachan's signings are dross. Even Brown and Nakamura are over-rated, whilst McGeady flatters to deceive. If anything, Strachan may sing even worse players and McGeady will be finished his two week burst of "form".

Also, it's worth pointing out that it's in their minds that they, the Celtic squad, were the ones who felt they couldn't go ahead and requested the club to petition the SPL. We merely showed some dignity by agreeing to this for the "right reasons" whilst knowing the underlying truth. They are running scared.

It merely delays when we beat them. If we win our games in hand and go four points clear, then they'll be under more pressure than they were for Wednesday. We may have new players, plus Smith and Webster back, perhaps even Buffel. Jarosik and McGeady rarely influence these matches, anyway. Strachan's signings are dross. Even Brown and Nakamura are over-rated, whilst McGeady flatters to deceive. If anything, Strachan may sing even worse players and McGeady will be finished his two week burst of "form".

Its interesting how many balanced opinions you can get on subjects like this.

Its interesting how many balanced opinions you can get on subjects like this.

I always try to be spot on. I succeeded yet again.

Playing Devils Advocate here, we cant really complain about Fixture congestion when we requested previously to have 2 games postponed. Anyway, I think if the shoe was on the other foot today, we might be doing what Celtic are doing today

Anyway, it would still be good of Strachan to pick his starting 11 for this rearranged game solely from the players he would have had at his disposal on January 2nd.

But then, that would be doing the right thing...

Maybe the right thing can be forced.

Yet more balance! :D

Hey, it would only be fair if the SFA say that the match McGeady misses is the Rangers one. Thats all I mean.

Whatever way you look at it, a young lad lost his life wearing a FOOTBALL strip playing FOOTBALL and this is a tragedy for the whole of the FOOTBALL community and no games should be played on Wednesday out of respect to this mans young family

Show a bit of class bears

Maybe the right thing can be forced.

Yet more balance! :D

Hey, it would only be fair if the SFA say that the match McGeady misses is the Rangers one. Thats all I mean.

The rules merely demand that a player who breaches the disciplinary threshold, he serves his ban in the first match, starting two weeks from doing so.

Smells - BUT the right thing to do.

We will win it anyway.

disagree..the right thing to do would be postpone it on saturday.. doing it this afternoon makes it look uber-suspicious

Yep. This whole situation stinks, unfortunately.

Whatever way you look at it, a young lad lost his life wearing a FOOTBALL strip playing FOOTBALL and this is a tragedy for the whole of FOOTBALL community and no games should be played on Wednesday out of respect to this mans young family

Fancy a kick about? :D

I think the nature of the decision is a bit suspicious. I would have agreed with it, had it been done immediately, but the request came from the Celtic squad after they met up for the training session, after Strachan was interviewed talking about them just having to go ahead with it and that the decision was outwith their hands.

Whatever way you look at it, a young lad lost his life wearing a FOOTBALL strip playing FOOTBALL and this is a tragedy for the whole of FOOTBALL community and no games should be played on Wednesday out of respect to this mans young family

I think the nature of the decision is a bit suspicious. I would have agreed with it, had it been done immediately, but the request came from the Celtic squad after they met up for the training session, after Strachan was interviewed talking about them just having to go ahead with it and that the decision was outwith their hands.

The spineless SPL neve had the balls to make the decision and it was made for them by both clubs albeit it was put in motion by Celtic

they should have cancelled the full card.

instead they had to wait for celtic to do the right thing, then for the Rangers to agree.

at no point did they choose anything, make a decision or encourage the teams to do that.

they are pathetic.

when we had a european game they cancelled our fixture

when scotland are due to get pumped they cancel fixtures.

when phil o'donnell dies it is business as usual until the decision gets made for them.

SPL are the real Filth here

Dont want to name any names but am just back for murray park found out about 12.30 that the game was off and few of the players are of the same opinion as a lot of us that they have just asked for it off because they have so many injures.

The spineless SPL neve had the balls to make the decision and it was made for them by both clubs albeit it was put in motion by Celtic

instead they had to wait for celtic to do the right thing, then for the Rangers to agree.

at no point did they choose anything, make a decision or encourage the teams to do that.

they are pathetic.

when phil o'donnell dies it is business as usual until the decision gets made for them.

Go back to the Irish Premier League then :rolleyes:

they are pathetic.

He is just saying that maybe the SPL should have stepped in and made a decision without clubs having to get involved?

they are pathetic.

He is just saying that maybe the SPL should have stepped in and made a decision without clubs having to get involved?

No offence CR open your eyes (tu)

Typical SPL to makes a pigs ear of this situation. As for the game being called off, well its better for them for sure as they'll have others back who are first choice picks and that will make the victory all the more sweeter! I must say thought that calling it off is the right thing to do, O'Donnell was a good guy nad its vital that respect is shown to his memory at this time

they are pathetic.

they are pathetic.

Perhaps they are hoping McFadden will have signed by the time the OF game is rescheduled.

Dont want to name any names but am just back for murray park found out about 12.30 that the game was off and few of the players are of the same opinion as a lot of us that they have just asked for it off because they have so many injures.

I'm not surprised.

At least their players know they bottled it.

Also, we can go top, with a game in hand, if we beat United on Saturday.