'Arry Redknapp

papaguy51

Guest therabbitt

i love arry at pompey - they won me some money couple of seasons ago - whenever they brought harry back and signed Andres D'Allesandro and Mendes i stuck money on them staying up - just look how good he is doing now!!!!

i love arry at pompey - they won me some money couple of seasons ago - whenever they brought harry back and signed Andres D'Allesandro and Mendes i stuck money on them staying up - just look how good he is doing now!!!!

the Pompey fans will hate Newcastle if they manage to steal Arry of them

You gotta remember he is very settled on the Southh Coast along at Poole so i doubt he would want to move up there for that reason alone never mind having his career destroyed.

until today i thought no chance hes leaving.

seems almost certain now he is.

suprised he fancies the move, and considering it killed sam's career in a few weeks.

im convinced now he is going - so is sky sports news.

fair play to him - not sure he can take newcastle any further than pompey tho.

The whole squad has the same sort of attitude the Rangers squad had when McLeish was nearing the end of his time here.

They just don't look like they give a toss and to think they spent £29m this year, you have to think to yourself who they actually bought.

Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp has turned down an offer to succeed Sam Allardyce as Newcastle manager.

Redknapp was Newcastle's number one choice but after reflecting on it overnight he decided to stay put.

"I had a great offer to manage a fantastic club. It was a terrific opportunity but I had no intentions of wanting to leave," he said.

"I have a job to do to take the club forward and to walk away would not have been the right thing to do."

He has put this squad together and he wants to take them to another level

Peter Storrie - Portsmouth chief executive

Redknapp, 60, was immediately installed as favourite to take over at St James' Park after Allardyce was dismissed on Wednesday just eight months into his rein as manager.

Despite public denials from Portsmouth that any contact had been made by Newcastle the club reportedly gave Redknapp until lunchtime on Saturday to make a decision.

Pompey chief executive Peter Storrie admitted that he was "very worried" Redknapp would leave.

"It has been 50/50 for a few days," Storrie told BBC 5 Live.

"Last night I thought it might be going slightly the other way but we met up this morning and a bit of verbal persuasion and he has decided to stay."

Storrie indicated that he felt Redknapp still had unfinished business at Fratton Park.

606: DEBATE

Thank God for that! I thought he would stay but I was wavering last night!

FF

"This wasn't about finance this was about ambition," he said.

"We have come such a long way over the past two years and if we can repeat that over the next two years then there is still a long way to go.

"He is loved by the fans and has put this squad together and he wants to take them to another level."

Redknapp will now take his side to Sunderland on Sunday but Newcastle are left searching for new suitors.

Blackburn manager Mark Hughes was one of those linked with the job but he has distanced himself from the post, despite being installed as the new bookmakers favourite.

LAST SIX MAGPIES MANAGERS

Kenny Dalglish

Jan 1997-Aug 1998

Ruud Gullit

Aug 1998-Aug 1999

Sir Bobby Robson

Sep 1999-Aug 2004

Graeme Souness

Sep 2004-Feb 2006

Glenn Roeder

Feb 2006-May 2007

Sam Allardyce

May 2007-Jan 2008

Other names linked with the job include former Toon striker Alan Shearer, Martin Jol, Jose Mourinho, Italy's World Cup-winning coach Marcello Lippi and former England boss Steve McClaren.

BBC sources close to the 37-year-old Shearer, though, say he is extremely unlikely to take the role as he is happy with his pundit work on Match of the Day.

Magpies assistant boss Nigel Pearson has been put in temporary charge for Saturday's match against defending champions Manchester United.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/7180147.stm