Sign in to follow this  
bluenose_72

***The Official Wrestling Discussion Thread***

Fair enough mate, but after hearing Cena saying this is it, the biggest match of his lifetime etc then go and do it all again? Bit iffy to be honest.

It's all about personal opinion, but I think that's why it makes perfect sense to have more than one match.

If Cena loses the biggest match of his life, on the biggest stage of all, then you have a whole new avenue to explore as he gets jealous of Rock, obsessed with beating him, paranoid that the peers who he has said he is sticking up for are laughing at him behind his back, etc, etc.

I think the Rock Cena feud will get better and better AFTER Wrestlemania.

I agree (tu)

For once I think Wrestlemania is only the beginning rather than the end game.

It's all about personal opinion, but I think that's why it makes perfect sense to have more than one match.

If Cena loses the biggest match of his life, on the biggest stage of all, then you have a whole new avenue to explore as he gets jealous of Rock, obsessed with beating him, paranoid that the peers who he has said he is sticking up for are laughing at him behind his back, etc, etc.

Good point, never really thought of that to be honest. You're like a wrestling juggernaut mate!

I agree that the Rock/Cena should have a few matches, but, and this is the problem I have, I feel because of the build up for over a year that Im bored of it already. Planning a match a year in advance was never a good idea IMO. Some of the trade offs between Cena and the Rock have been embarrisingly poor to watch, I don't know if I can take another 7 months or so of that

Hopefully its a one off, with cena goin over rock. Like rock goin over hogan. Handing over the baton.

No point in rock winnin if hes not stayin afterwards.

I agree that the Rock/Cena should have a few matches, but, and this is the problem I have, I feel because of the build up for over a year that Im bored of it already. Planning a match a year in advance was never a good idea IMO. Some of the trade offs between Cena and the Rock have been embarrisingly poor to watch, I don't know if I can take another 7 months or so of that

I don't have a problem with it being booked a year out, I just feel that with no real issue between them the build up has been poor.

When you are having to resort to making mum and testicle jokes three weeks before the match you know you have problems.

Good point, never really thought of that to be honest. You're like a wrestling juggernaut mate!

:lol:

I just spend all my time thinking about what should be happening a couple of months down the line rather than just enjoy what's going on now.

If I didn't do that then maybe I'd actually enjoy it a bit more.

Hopefully its a one off, with cena goin over rock. Like rock goin over hogan. Handing over the baton.

No point in rock winnin if hes not stayin afterwards.

To be fair, Rock and Hogan had more than one match. No Way Out 2003.

To be fair, Rock and Hogan had more than one match. No Way Out 2003.

I'm of the opinion that Rock's entrance that night was the single greatest entrance I've ever seen.

That helicopter shot of LA, the new theme (which I think is the greatest theme ever) and then Rock sauntering out and swaggering to the ring like a megastar.

Nothing has ever come close.

Amazing :praise:

I'm of the opinion that Rock's entrance that night was the single greatest entrance I've ever seen.

That helicopter shot of LA, the new theme (which I think is the greatest theme ever) and then Rock sauntering out and swaggering to the ring like a megastar.

Hollywood Rock in general :praise:

Forgot how good that entrance was. Wish it didn't have the "If ya smell what the Rock is cookin?" part though.

Despite my reservations about the feud and the build-up, I have no doubts that he and Cena will deliver.

Hollywood Rock in general :praise:

Forgot how good that entrance was. Wish it didn't have the "If ya smell what the Rock is cookin?" part though.

Despite my reservations about the feud and the build-up, I have no doubts that he and Cena will deliver.

It's amazing to think that Rock was only the "Hollywood" character for a few months. It was one of his most memorable runs.

Interestingly enough though I remember watching this interview with Paul Heyman from June 2002. From 6:30 on Heyman talks about Rock coming back as a heel.

Would it surprise you if Heyman helped shape that character?

It's amazing to think that Rock was only the "Hollywood" character for a few months. It was one of his most memorable runs.

Interestingly enough though I remember watching this interview with Paul Heyman from June 2002. From 6:30 on Heyman talks about Rock coming back as a heel.

Would it surprise you if Heyman helped shape that character?

After seeing that, absolutely not. Although it was only for a few months, it was so fresh and it just worked brilliantly.

The heat he gets here is unreal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk2bDiXDezI

His match with Stone Cold at WM19 was one of the best I've seen.

Sad though, was Stone Cold's last ever.

To be fair when you put it like that it sounds quite good :lol: Particularly the bit about Cena getting paranoid about the locker room.

The only reason I am against it is i've really not enjoyed it so far and the thought of another 6 months to a year of what we've had so far doesnt sound good to me.

WWE officials are hoping that Wade Barrett will be back in action by July so they can feature him prominently at SummerSlam.

Before Barrett went down with an injury, he was scheduled to win Money in the Bank at WrestleMania 28 and challenge CM Punk for the WWE Title.

The Money in the Bank match may be moved to SummerSlam this year just so Barrett can win it and begin the push, feuding with CM Punk for the WWE Title going into the fall.

I would enjoy a feud between them

I hate how jacked the rock is, it's just not him. I think cena will win then rock will shake cents hand, ala wm x8 with hogan. Can't see wwe doing much else as the rock will no doubt disappear again

now that kanes back with the mask on my child hood memories came flooding back so now im interested in it again lol

I hate how jacked the rock is, it's just not him. I think cena will win then rock will shake cents hand, ala wm x8 with hogan. Can't see wwe doing much else as the rock will no doubt disappear again

I don't think Rock would pass a wellness test.

Sign in to follow this