Sign in to follow this  
bluenose_72

***The Official Wrestling Discussion Thread***

What would everyone have done different? Lets face it cena was never going to turn heel. Punk was never going to end the streak. I've been saying it for weeks the whole show was just so predictable since the card was announced last month. Super cena to be the champion untill next years mania, yaayyyy. TNA for me anyway wwe is going nowhere fast.

I may just start watching it, WWE has been pish lately.

The Rock Cena match was better than people are giving it credit for.

The pacing was delibertly slow because Rock can't go at the pace needed to work a main event level match in 2013, but there was lots of good storytelling which played into the history of the match last year: shades of Cena last year when Rock got cocky and did the you can't see me before the peoples elbow only to get caught by the AA, Rock telegraphing the leg drop from the tope rope, which was one of the biggest spots in the match last year and Cena fooling Rock by playing possum when he "repeated" the mistake which cost him the match last year.

The number of false finishes, audible spot calling and the dead crowd dragged it down a lot, like probably a star if you are talking in star ratings, but I would still say it was an improvement on their match last year.

I thought all the stuff alluding to cenas mistake last year was pretty obvious and it made me cringe to see The Rock doing that and the salute.

Rangers_no1 likes this

My thoughts on Wrestlemania.

Was only like the 3rd I've seen, since I'm a pretty new fan to WWE. But it was a 6/10, Glad the shield won, I think they'll attack Taker tonight.

Punk v Taker match was MOTN. Love punk, Respect Taker.

Thought Triple H v Lesnar was better than what people are saying, Rock, Cena was also decent, shit ending, Cena is bad for this business.

So tonight is the road to Wrestlemania 30. What does everyone want on this journey.

As far as heels go, Surely Ryback will turn heel, Last nights loss made no sense, it's all they can do with him imo. Brodus Clay, I've said it before, He would do great as a big angry heel. More, more & more shield, Ambrose has the potential IMO to be a main eventer. Pretty sure I heard Ambrose chants last night.

Punk deserves his break, Not bothered if he's heel or face, He's great at both.

Faces, Cena is going to need a couple of good feuds, Orton, Lesnar, Ryback, Henry, Im just not sure what will happen with Cena. I don't enjoy him anyway.

Bryan should break out from hell no and feud with Ziggler, Big E needs to be a face aswell, let him and cesaro feud.

Sorry if these ideas are pish i am a bit of a dreamer.

What was the issue with the crowd then? Was is just the fact that the matches were pretty poor and slow paced or are the crowds too big?

Always thought the NY/East coast area was best for crowds.

I was thinking last night about the crowd. Is between 4 and 5 hours simply too long to keep a crowd interested for?

I absolutely hate the PG product, one of the reasons i became bored with the product. I watched WWE constantly from KOTR 99 until the end of the Invasion. I started watching it again at NYR 2006 and loved it. I thought 2006/2007 was a brilliant time for WWE, alot of good feuds, good matches and good characters. They have really lost there way and it is quite sad that they are so concerned with making money only instead of producing a good product. They really seem to struggle to push new superstars well. I briefly started watching again when Tensai appeared, he had a good character and looked as if he could be built similar to how Umaga was built. Instead he ended up buried and is doing nothing. Booking decisions are so erratic and horrible, it's as if they have no idea what the fans want to see.

What would you do post mania? Who would you bring up from NXT? Who would you hire from the Indys/Other Promotions? Who would you release? Who would you turn? Who's gimmick would you change? Tag Teams? Fueds? Champions?

I will post some of mine later.

Scott1872 likes this

The crowd were probably just underwhelmed by all the predictable outcomes. Punk Taker should have went on last and should have been for the title, if they were doing punk taker it should have been punks reign v takers streak, would have made a lot more sense and would have made for a much better match/main event. Having that on early probably burnt the crowd out.

I was thinking last night about the crowd. Is between 4 and 5 hours simply too long to keep a crowd interested for?

I'd imagine so.

From reading reviews from those that were there last night, they were all of the opinion that the Tons Of Funk/Funkadactyls - Rhodes Scholars/Bella Twins was going to be filler between HHH/Lesnar and Rock/Cena, so a lot of people were away getting refreshments etc. Could explain why the crowd was so flat for that match as they were simply exhausted/hungry/needing a drink etc.

What would you do post mania? Who would you bring up from NXT? Who would you hire from the Indys/Other Promotions? Who would you release? Who would you turn? Who's gimmick would you change? Tag Teams? Fueds? Champions?

I will post some of mine later.

Call up: Bray Wyatt & Paige

Hire: Dont know

Release: Brodus Clay, Jinder Mahal & Fandango

Turn: Randy Orton & CM Punk

Gimmick change: Ryback; turn him into a full on retard & Tensai; make him Albert again

Tag teams: Dont know

Feuds: Chris Jericho-Daniel Bryan/Wade Barrett/Antonio Cesaro/Damien Sandow, Randy Orton-John Cena, Sheamus-Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler-Daniel Bryan, Triple H-Vince & The Ryback-Fandango

Last time i watched TNA it was when they went head to head with RAW. Brought back all these has been ex WWE wrestlers. Was so bad it was funny :lol:

Sign in to follow this