Sign in to follow this  
bluenose_72

***The Official Wrestling Discussion Thread***

What other style could you see him working though?

He doesn't have to totally change his style. He just needs to tweak it, possibly slow it down a bit and not rely on countless breakneck, speed high spots to make his matches interesting.

He doesn't have to totally change his style. He just needs to tweak it, possibly slow it down a bit and not rely on countless breakneck, speed high spots to make his matches interesting.

Could it work though from what I remember from him he was a bit of a spot monkey very good at it though.

Loved the Ohno Regal match. So old school in style. it wasnt even close to being sports entertainment. it was old school, almost World of Sport style wrestling.

Hopefully there is a rematch.

Ohno should never wrestle in trunks again though :anguish:

Spoiler from next weeks impact which was taped last night.

-Kenny King defeated Petey Williams and Zema Ion in a 3-Way to retain the X Division Title. Petey Williams had the win at one point but King stole the pin on Zema. The referee was wearing a camera on his head during the match.

WTF?

check out wcw nwo's own souled out 97 ppv

Realistically who do we expect to end the streak and when? Would it be someone currently already on the roster or a new superstar?

I don't think there's anyone currently convincing enough to end it and it's pointless someone like Cena, Rock, Brock or HHH doing it, IMO.

Realistically who do we expect to end the streak and when? Would it be someone currently already on the roster or a new superstar?

I don't think there's anyone currently convincing enough to end it and it's pointless someone like Cena, Rock, Brock or HHH doing it, IMO.

It won't end.

It won't end if it was to I'd have someone debut and end it though.

I'd have taker retire with a win for the championship, and have him vacate the title like someone suggested on here a while back.

Will WWE do that though? I always thought WWE weren't keen on allowing wrestlers to retire without "passing the torch" so to say.

In saying that though, I can't see Taker competing in many more Wrestlemania's, and currently it just doesn't look like there's anyone capable of challenging it. Whoever ends it should go on to serve the WWE for at least 10 more years. Realistically, the only person capable is Cena, and well that would just be disastrous as well as utterly pointless.

The question really is whether or not there's anyone out there not yet signed up to WWE who has the potential.

Will WWE do that though? I always thought WWE weren't keen on allowing wrestlers to retire without "passing the torch" so to say.

In saying that though, I can't see Taker competing in many more Wrestlemania's, and currently it just doesn't look like there's anyone capable of challenging it. Whoever ends it should go on to serve the WWE for at least 10 more years. Realistically, the only person capable is Cena, and well that would just be disastrous as well as utterly pointless.

The question really is whether or not there's anyone out there not yet signed up to WWE who has the potential.

To be precise I'd have him beat Cena for it. I don't know if anyone remembers but when Cena made his debut on smack down, afterwards, backstage he ran into the then wwe champion The Undertaker who said something like "good job kid" or something. Having taker win the rumble would be the beginning of a decent feud where Cena could mention that backstage segment and talk about how much he wanted to be like the undertaker and now feels he's ready to challenge him etc. Have taker win and retire at wrestlemania.

If cena ended the streak the internet would explode with rage

ConorRFC51 likes this

To be precise I'd have him beat Cena for it. I don't know if anyone remembers but when Cena made his debut on smack down, afterwards, backstage he ran into the then wwe champion The Undertaker who said something like "good job kid" or something. Having taker win the rumble would be the beginning of a decent feud where Cena could mention that backstage segment and talk about how much he wanted to be like the undertaker and now feels he's ready to challenge him etc. Have taker win and retire at wrestlemania.

Pretty much spot on.

I wouldn't mind that actually, right now it seems like the best solution too. But what do you do with the retired WWE Championship? You could unify both belts and have 1 Championship, I guess. I've also thought for a while that having the premise of 2 different "rosters" in Raw and Smackdown has been pretty much diminished considering they're now "Supershows" and both belts are defended on both shows.

jdocherty72 and Marky. like this

I've never understood this "Taker has to lose to pass the torch".

Losing to Undertaker at Wrestlemania was a bigger push for most of the guys trying it than beating anyone else would be.

I don't think ending the streak elevates the winner, I think it would destroy them.

I've never understood this "Taker has to lose to pass the torch".

Losing to Undertaker at Wrestlemania was a bigger push for most of the guys trying it than beating anyone else would be.

I don't think ending the streak elevates the winner, I think it would destroy them.

give it go a heel making his debut and push him to the moon after it and I think it would work.

Pretty much spot on.

I wouldn't mind that actually, right now it seems like the best solution too. But what do you do with the retired WWE Championship? You could unify both belts and have 1 Championship, I guess. I've also thought for a while that having the premise of 2 different "rosters" in Raw and Smackdown has been pretty much diminished considering they're now "Supershows" and both belts are defended on both shows.

That's the one mate! I'm not sure what I'd do with the title, doubt I would want them unified, just because the WH is much nicer than the wwe title but of course they'd use the wwe title. Could be a tournament or something that would lead to extreme rules the following ppv.

broxi51 likes this

Sign in to follow this