Sign in to follow this  
bluenose_72

***The Official Wrestling Discussion Thread***

Watched the first 20 minutes on the train. Randy Orton opens, HHH and Steph come out. Crowd chant for Punk all 3 ignore. Good opening match with the Shield though.

At this time of year, every Raw should be noteworthy.

From reading the results last night it just looks liks a completely generic, missable Raw.

They don't seem to have a clue.

The last build up to Mania was great viewing and entertaining, but this, this has just been a shambles.

Though I've not seen Raw yet, I think their last few have been terrible and the company is going the wrong way.

The last build up to Mania was great viewing and entertaining, but this, this has just been a shambles.

Though I've not seen Raw yet, I think their last few have been terrible and the company is going the wrong way.

I think they do know exactly what they are doing but the fans just aren't buying it the way they want them to.

For months now it's been reported as Taker Brock, Batista Orton & Triple H Punk as the top matches and they seem to still be on track with that, but with Bryan slipping into the slot vacated by Punk leaving.

Personally speaking I don't think Bryan Sheamus was fair for Bryan after the year he has had and Cena Wyatt seems an odd fit too, especially for the biggest show of the year.

I think they will try to redeem it by Bryan tapping out Triple H at Mania, before winning the title from Batista at Extreme Rules and Batista goes heel after that but in reality Bryan really deserved his title winning moment at Mania IMO because if would be more memorable.

It was pretty terrible. King interrupting BNB :anguish:

That was just stupid. I think we will get a beatdown on Lawler next week and whomever comes to his aid will feud with Barret. I though Miz was going to take a pop at him but that doesnt seem to be progressing at all. Pretty piss poor Raw last night. Good main event, but if Bryan pins Orton now, then there is no way he will win at elimination chamber.

I'm pumped for this Shield Wyatt match at Elimination Chamber.

Should be a Mania match IMO but they obviously need the Wyatt's to get a big win and further the Reigns face turn angle.

Bothwellbear likes this

I'm pumped for this Shield Wyatt match at Elimination Chamber.

Should be a Mania match IMO but they obviously need the Wyatt's to get a big win and further the Reigns face turn angle.

Two heel teams brawling is usually pretty good entertainment.

The Wyatt and Shield promos have been outstanding so far. I can't express how much I'm loving anything Ambrose does.

I hate Christian. I've always hated him. I hate that he's back on TV. When was the last time he actually pulled off the killswitch? I honestly can't remember. I hate his shitty clap to get the crowd going as well.

The Wyatt and Shield promos have been outstanding so far. I can't express how much I'm loving anything Ambrose does.

I hate Christian. I've always hated him. I hate that he's back on TV. When was the last time he actually pulled off the killswitch? I honestly can't remember. I hate his shitty clap to get the crowd going as well.

It's good that Harper and Rowan are getting more mic time as well.

I like Christian he is a good worker and can.drag a good match out of most wrestlers his entrance theme used to be good not sure if he uses the same some and Christian.Cage was a cool gimmick.in TNA

I like Christian but he's got no place in a world title match in 2014. He should be an enhancement talent at this point. Too injury prone and not over enough to be anything else.

I also hate the clap too. Shit.

I really like the idea pitched on Wrestling Observer weekly of Rollins ending up with the IC title soon and the Reigns vs Ambrose vs Rollins match at Mania is the unification match, which Reigns wins.

I would add to thy by saying that he could then hold the title for nearly a year and only vacate it after winning the 2015 Rumble so he can go on to wrestle for the WWE World Title and win it at WM31

There's absolutely no need to rush Reigns into a title picture that's already going to have Orton, Cena, Bray, Bryan, Batista & maybe even Brock Lesnar in it for the next year so why not let him be the one that really elevates a unified IC Title over he next six/eights months (which really isn't long in wrestling)

I really like the idea pitched on Wrestling Observer weekly of Rollins ending up with the IC title soon and the Reigns vs Ambrose vs Rollins match at Mania is the unification match, which Reigns wins.

I would add to thy by saying that he could then hold the title for nearly a year and only vacate it after winning the 2015 Rumble so he can go on to wrestle for the WWE World Title and win it at WM31

There's absolutely no need to rush Reigns into a title picture that's already going to have Orton, Cena, Bray, Bryan, Batista & maybe even Brock Lesnar in it for the next year so why not let him be the one that really elevates a unified IC Title over he next six/eights months (which really isn't long in wrestling)

Poor Big E.

He was over and performing like a train a few weeks back. Died down though. Still really like him though.

Please no.

Regarding the recent WWE App promo by Dolph Ziggler and The Miz's quick commentary appearance on RAW, the idea is to do a "disgruntled angry men" tag team with the two and win the tag titles.

Just another conspiracy angle with the Miz and a different partner.

Liking the idea for The Shield. Can't wait to see them face off, it's just a shame that is will happen. They are such a brilliant team.

Finished Raw last night, the Bryan v Orton match was phenomenal I thought, Bryan dominated for a huge part of it and the finish made him look brilliant. After the pinfall obviously things went against him, but still. Orton was excellent as well. Sometimes I can't be bothered with him, but when he has a good match I remember how good he can be.

Please no.

Regarding the recent WWE App promo by Dolph Ziggler and The Miz's quick commentary appearance on RAW, the idea is to do a "disgruntled angry men" tag team with the two and win the tag titles.

Just another conspiracy angle with the Miz and a different partner.

Who cares about The Miz?? Ziggler's getting a strap! YASSSSSSSSS!

According to reports they STILL don't know what matches to have at WM outside of Cena/Wyatt.

Dunno the point in having all these writers who generally don't seem to have a clue, simple solution would be to put Heyman & Dutch in charge of creative but Vince doesn't want to do that for whatever reason.

Would be interesting to know what HHH thinks of the writers.

According to reports they STILL don't know what matches to have at WM outside of Cena/Wyatt.

Dunno the point in having all these writers who generally don't seem to have a clue, simple solution would be to put Heyman & Dutch in charge of creative but Vince doesn't want to do that for whatever reason.

Would be interesting to know what HHH thinks of the writers.

I don't believe that tbh. You can see what wheels are in motion now IMO.

Lesnar is clearly being set up for Taker, Orton & Batista are mentioning each other in promos every week to lay the basis for that and Bryan has transitioned into the role Punk was going to have with Triple H before he walked out.

I think the only change we might see at this point is the Orton Batista match becoming a three way with Bryan and that's only likely to happen if they can persuade Punk to come back.

- Regarding the story of CM Punk possibly suffering a concussion at the Royal Rumble, he did pass an ImPACT concussion test on the Monday before he walked out of the company. However, Punk did get banged up in the 30-man Royal Rumble match.

During a WWE creative meeting this past weekend, the writers were told that Punk went home because he “got his bell rung” in the Rumble match.

There’s a belief within the company, possibly passed down from Triple H and/or Vince McMahon, that Punk walked out simply because he was banged up as opposed to everything else like creative frustration, the WrestleMania XXX match with Triple H and everything else that’s been reported.

Nobody knows what kind of talks Punk and Vince have had since last Monday but there is a feeling within WWE that Vince may be under the impression Punk left because he got hurt.

All this shit is bursting my nut.

Sign in to follow this