Rangers and Scotland

never will i ever support scotland ever again, after the way we have been treated it just shows what scottish football thinks of us. right enough i have known for over 50 years what they think of us, as a club we are hated by every other club in scotland. plus they have lived off our fans for years, and to me they are parisites, but from now on i want nothing to do with our national team. i will leave it to all the other fans to sit on a hillside getting all misty eyed and munching their shortbread, for me rangers are all that matter, and when we win everything tell them that we are the people and no surrender. :rangers:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never will i ever support scotland ever again, after the way we have been treated it just shows what scottish football thinks of us. right enough i have known for over 50 years what they think of us, as a club we are hated by every other club in scotland. plus they have lived off our fans for years, and to me they are parisites, but from now on i want nothing to do with our national team. i will leave it to all the other fans to sit on a hillside getting all misty eyed and munching their shortbread, for me rangers are all that matter, and when we win everything tell them that we are the people and no surrender. :rangers:

This should be quite an interesting thread, I can't wait. :)

Rangers First.

The SFA, the SPL, the Scottish national team and all the rest of Scottish football can go and take a good fuck to themselves.

I can't belive I just read that.

We are Scottish. I am anyways. When scotland play we unite as one. Like every other country does.

If everybody had your attitude then we would be a total embarrasment as fans. It's immature.

Every club hates other fans somewhere. Maybe even EVERY fan EVERYWHERE. You have to rise above all that for SCOTLAND.

I've never supported Scotland and I hate International football unless it is a major final. Even more so after the Tartan Army f*cks called our captain and players "dirty h** bastards" over on their forums after they pulled out of the Croatia friendly.

Rangers should never help the National team out ever again.

Rangers First, nothing else matters!

I can't belive I just read that.

We are Scottish. I am anyways. When scotland play we unite as one. Like every other country does.

If everybody had your attitude then we would be a total embarrasment as fans. It's immature.

Every club hates other fans somewhere. Maybe even EVERY fan EVERYWHERE. You have to rise above all that for SCOTLAND.

Well believe it mate because a lot of Rangers fans I know couldn't care less about the national team.

This has just hammered home that we are hated as a club in this country.

By all means, you can follow Scotland til your hearts content but I certainly won't be.

The only members of the "tartan army" that hate us are the same people that hate Celtic.

They hate the old firm because of people like the OP, they can't understand why someone could think like that. Well I can't.

I love Rangers and Scotland EQUALLY

Disagree completely with this post mate!...

Don't let the bastards get you down...The Cry is NO Surrender!!

I do not associate the love of my country with any particular administrative body and will not have it tarnished as a result of injustice by any such group of people. You may not share this emotion but it was born into me, as I have passed it down through to the next generation.

I believe that an even greater association with all our country has proudly stood for can only be good for our image as Rangers fans (i.e. not Little Ireland fans). It associates us with an image of fun and pride and I think it is a wise move for us to fly Saltires and Union flags side by side. It will improve the image and profile of our club hand in hand with recent success on a wider stage.

Head up bud!

Can we leave out this 'Old Firm' pish?

I hate being associated with those child abusing, terrorist loving scum.

No wonder a lot of us don't like the TA, when they associate us with shame fc.

And while you're defending the Tartan Army, which sellick players get constant abuse from them?

bayern are hated in germany, man united in england.

doubt if the germans and english will stop supporting their countries

Can't speak for the Germans but I know for a fact a lot of Man United fans care little for the English national side.

Remember when we played them at Ibrox?

'You can stick your fucking England up your arse' is what they sang to us.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MAFGW5YAih8

The SPL has little or nothing to do with the national team, so why should their actions or lack of actions affect anyones feelings towards that national team? doh

The SFA, who are responsible for the national team, are backing us against the SPL. Didn't you read George Peats thoughts on this? doh

The SFA and the SPL are 2 totally different organisations.

I'm a Rangers supporter and a Scotland supporter equally, and I wouldn't change that even if I could. You either love your country or you don't. I, and most others, don't have a choice!

I support Scotland and I am passionate about it but Rangers comes first. However, I cant help but feel we have been let down not only by the SPL but also by the SFA. We done them a favour by cancelling our still as of yet unplayed fixture with St. Mirren last Novemeber and we have had nothing in return. My suggestion is that Rangers withdraw all its players for 1 calender year in protest at our treatment by the SFA!!!

And while you're defending the Tartan Army, which sellick players get constant abuse from them?

So basically you also don't like all Gers fans that are also part of the Tartan Army?... lot of shite IMO...

You don't support Scotland either then?... <cr>

What you must remember minstral, this current situation has nothing to do with the national team or the SFA, yes they asked us to postpone a match to help the national side but when the SPL made this decision the SFA did try to intervene on our behalf and even offered to change the date of the Scottish Cup Final to help us, something that has never happened before.

It is the SPL that has put us in this predicament, not the SFA or the national team they are two different bodies.

In future, what I think Rangers should do though is if asked by the SFA to postpone a match when the national team gets a chance to qualify for a major championship we should say no to try and prevent this sort of thing happening again.

I can see where you are at with this minstral, I don't necessarily agree with you but I have a few mates that feel the same as yersel'. As ARA says 'don't let the bastards grind you down.' The SFA and SPL will be terrified they gat a law suit from ra Sellik so could not make any other decision. We'll win the league anyway. Uefa cup lets wait and see. After Gordon Chisholms rant as well I hope we pump them 6-0 at least in the final.

I support Scotland and I am passionate about it but Rangers comes first. However, I cant help but feel we have been let down not only by the SPL but also by the SFA. We done them a favour by cancelling our still as of yet unplayed fixture with St. Mirren last Novemeber and we have had nothing in return. My suggestion is that Rangers withdraw all its players for 1 calender year in protest at our treatment by the SFA!!!

Can't be done, if Rangers attempted that we would be in trouble with FIFA etc for breaking rules on player availability, the national team can insist on players attending certain types of friendlies and international matches, if we blatantly refuse then we could be severly punished by points being docked, heavy fines, kicked out of Europe etc.

Get this one straight, we are Scottish. We are not Aiden McGeady. We are not turncoats and lickspittles. We do not turn on our country just because we feel they do nothing for us. So it is and so it has always been. The SPL are a spineless snivelling little group of bean counters, fair enough, however; our country is key to our entire structure: belittle the National team and all Scottish teams are belittled: just as Glasgow Rangers/Cellic's success in Europe will help Scotland as a whole (not forgetting the good done for us by co-efficients and Walter's success with the National side). Remember we do not fly a Republic of Oirland flag over Ibrox, we fly the flags of the United Kingdom, let's not forget that or those who lay down their lives for what that stands for. Welcome the fight, this is what makes us.

So basically you also don't like all Gers fans that are also part of the Tartan Army?... lot of shite IMO... Yes it is a lot of shite, so why did you say it?

You don't support Scotland either then?... <cr>Really, don't I? What makes you say that?

Answers in bold.

You forgot to answer which sellick fans get pelters from the TA?

Oh wait, it's just our Captain......

Oh my God. WTF is going on?

What has our National team got to do with the SPL?

The SFA tried to help us but failed.

Dundee Utd helped to put a stop to the game change.

Half OUR team play for the national side.

Are you people going mad this is a SPL issue! They have emmbarassed our Nation and our Club Football.

I am also absolutely raging with the way this has been dealt with, The decision matters not one bit.

So basically you also don't like all Gers fans that are also part of the Tartan Army?... lot of shite IMO... Yes it is a lot of shite, so why did you say it?

You don't support Scotland either then?... <cr>Really, don't I? What makes you say that?

Answers in bold.

You forgot to answer which sellick fans get pelters from the TA?

Oh wait, it's just our Captain......

Barry gets some abuse cause of all the call off to the National team

Nothing to do with playing for Rangers