Rangers and Scotland

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to do with playing for Rangers

Ah bless, it's touchingly naïve.

Do you go to Scotland games?

Proof abundant that Scottish fans of other teams call Ferguson a h**, a DOB,...

Doesn't that have anything to do with him playing for us ?

I will still support Scotland, but I DO feel that Rangers should withdraw all players.

If Scotland doesn't want to help Rangers, Rangers shouldn't help Scotland.

Hold on it's the SPL thats Against us

NOT THE SFA!!!

He's edited his response :rangers:

never will i ever support scotland ever again, after the way we have been treated it just shows what scottish football thinks of us. right enough i have known for over 50 years what they think of us, as a club we are hated by every other club in scotland. plus they have lived off our fans for years, and to me they are parisites, but from now on i want nothing to do with our national team. i will leave it to all the other fans to sit on a hillside getting all misty eyed and munching their shortbread, for me rangers are all that matter, and when we win everything tell them that we are the people and no surrender. :rangers:

This should be quite an interesting thread, I can't wait. :)

Are you finding it interesting yet? :D

i could not care who it is sfa or spl, no time for them all full of earls who hate our protestant traditions and culture, if you support the scum from the san giro, then you get what you want, any culture bar protestant.

I have probably been at as many Scotland games as you have had hot dinners.

Well not literally.

Including a fair number of away games.

I don't go regularly now, mainly because of the anti Rangers sentiments amongst the TA.

stupid thread.........................................................what an idtiot!!!

Only an idiot would post a thread like this.

Make your case or fuck off.

We might not always see eye to eye with minstral but he's Rangers through and through.

Are you?

Proof abundant that Scottish fans of other teams call Ferguson a h**, a DOB,...

Doesn't that have anything to do with him playing for us ?

When i'm at Scotland games i don't hear Barry getting that kind of Abuse when he on the Park

Off the park you get a small group but you have to remember Scotland is full of all types of fans.

Celtic players get the same abuse off the Park!

But to start Blaming the SFA when it has FA to do with them is wrong!

Rangers had a hand in starting the SPL that broke away,Sometimes we have short memories.

stupid thread.........................................................what an idtiot!!!

Only an idiot would post a thread like this.

Make your case or fuck off.

We might not always see eye to eye with minstral but he's Rangers through and through.

Are you?

think it all has already been said before as i have read through the previous posts.................

Proud to be scottish and support my national team

Can we leave out this 'Old Firm' pish?

I hate being associated with those child abusing, terrorist loving scum.

No wonder a lot of us don't like the TA, when they associate us with shame fc.

And while you're defending the Tartan Army, which sellick players get constant abuse from them?

So basically you also don't like all Gers fans that are also part of the Tartan Army?... lot of shite IMO... Yes it is a lot of shite, so why did you say it?

You don't support Scotland either then?... <cr>Really, don't I? What makes you say that?

Answers in bold.

You forgot to answer which sellick fans get pelters from the TA?

Oh wait, it's just our Captain......

quote in italics underlined:

...you stated "you don't like the TA"(i.e collectively)...but there are Gers fans in the TA...therefore you put them in the same bag! ... you said it... I stated I thought it was shite & you agree..WTF?!

...& I am not getting into 'they are all out to get us" crap... I prefer to leave the paranoia to the scum...

This post is shit & I don't wanna argue the toss on this subject Manticore...

Anyway that's my tuppenceworth...the rest of the small change I'll keep to buy you a beer in Manchester..

I think this thread should be locked ASAP. It's becoming very divisive at a time when unity amongst Bears is badly needed. And suggesting that anyone who doesn't agree with you is somehow less loyal to Rangers is not only childish, but downright insulting.

I don't really have much interest in the "national" team, it's got far too much of the old jacobite chip on the shoulder anti-English thing going on for me.

The fact that they have now shown themselves to also be anti-Rangers doesn't surprise me at all ... British and proud here :unionflag:

This is an SPL issue and not an SFA matter. The SFA have supported our stance.

We need to rise above all this and use that emotion and resolve positively and go on and win the UEFA Cup, League and SFA Cup - with dignity.

Further, being from the "south", I did have a soft spot for QOS, however, now I honestly hope we embarrass them and show no mercy. They could have showed a little bit of respect and negotiated to play the game on a more convenient date given our current situation. They know as do we that there will only be one outcome. They also by showing some courtesy might even have negotiated a pre-season friendly (gratis) in the future and wee bit more extra income, when all the furore of the final had dissipated. They showed no foresight and only parochialism.

Hell hath no fury, let's go out blazing and win everything and act with dignity.

As for the SPL they have only embarrassed themselves and acted totally unreasonably. Sadly, this will also reflect on the SFA who had no jurisdiction on the matter, but those from afar and closer to home will not see it that way. Scotland's shame and has rendered the country a bit of a laughing stock, unfortunately, rightly so ! I have just watched one of the banner headlines on CNN and they are carrying the story, now, what will others outwith the goldfish bowl think. Same as us my friends.

We need to rise above all this and use that emotion and resolve positively and go on and win the UEFA Cup, League and SFA Cup - with dignity.

Further, being from the "south", I did have a soft spot for QOS, however, now I honestly hope we embarrass them and show no mercy. They could have showed a little bit of respect and negotiated to play the game on a more convenient date given our current situation. They know as do we that there will only be one outcome. They also by showing some courtesy might even have negotiated a pre-season friendly (gratis) in the future and wee bit more extra income, when all the furore of the final had dissipated. They showed no foresight and only parochialism.

Hell hath no fury, let's go out blazing and win everything and act with dignity.

As for the SPL they have only embarrassed themselves and acted totally unreasonably. Sadly, this will also reflect on the SFA who had no jurisdiction on the matter, but those from afar and closer to home will not see it that way. Scotland's shame and has rendered the country a bit of a laughing stock, unfortunately, rightly so ! I have just watched one of the banner headlines on CNN and they are carrying the story, now, what will others outwith the goldfish bowl think. Same as us my friends.

great reply.

great reply.

Thanks. I would also add that Minstral is a great man and I respect his view. However, sometimes everyone of us can become a tad emotional on some issues. The one thing that unites as is the love of our football club - and also, the country of our birth. It's our country !

I think this thread should be locked ASAP. It's becoming very divisive at a time when unity amongst Bears is badly needed. And suggesting that anyone who doesn't agree with you is somehow less loyal to Rangers is not only childish, but downright insulting.

why should a thread be locked because you dont like it.?

great reply.

Yes it is a good reply.

Unlike your 'Originator needs to grow up. What a pish thread. You're just making yourself look stupid by coming out with this gash' comment.

A few of us agree with the original poster. Are we all making ourselves look stupid?

What's the point of posting if you aren't going to make a worthwhile contribution?

barry, boyd, hutton and mcfadden(i know the latter 2 arent gers players) are the ones who get great receptions when their names are announced at hampden. only once have i heard someone being called an "DOB" and that was gattuso.

bayern are hated in germany, man united in england.

doubt if the germans and english will stop supporting their countries

Can't speak for the Germans but I know for a fact a lot of Man United fans care little for the English national side.

Remember when we played them at Ibrox?

'You can stick your fucking England up your arse' is what they sang to us.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MAFGW5YAih8

Exactly. The biggest, most successful clubs are often hated by sections of opposing fans in their own country. We don't face anything unusual in that respect.

Club football and international football are completely separate in my mind. Just because some opposing fans might not like us, does not mean that it affects my view on our international side. I love watching Rangers and Scotland.

When James McFadden hit that strike that sealed victory in France, I was on cloud 9 and bursting with pride. I'll always be desperate to see our national side do well, and won't let a section of arseholes affect me.