Rangers and Scotland

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What players of ours have been abused and by whom? btw, I don't mean by our own fans (I will never forgive us for booing Cousin on against Panathinaikos).

Danny. Our players have been recieving abuse from the stands at national games for years now.

It's no secret!

The earliest I remember it happening was with Maurice Johnston and it seemed to open up the flood gates.

I'm not talking about Rangers fans watching their players, I'm talking about genuine hatred directed towards our players from the angelic TA.

I hate the SPL right now, and a number of our opponents who haven't exactly been accommodating.

But to not support the national team is completely pointless - the national team is made up of perfectly honest players who have NOTHING to do with the lack of accommodating from many clubs.

They also have nothing to do with the bureaucrats who have rejected our requests.

If you want to dislike the national team minstral, you're free to do so. But do it for the right reasons, and not something completely unrelated to it.

I agree somewhat.

But why haven't we heard anyone from within Scottish football weather that be the governing bodies, the mhedia or fellow professionals condemning the treatment directed towards certain players?

Indeed the mhedia are more concerned about insults flung at AIDSinho and the racial content :rolleyes:

No one likes us, we don't care!

Recent decisions have left me in no doubt that we are simply not liked by anyone.

Time to close ranks, in a footballing sense I am finished with Scotland!

I no longer care about the national side!

What players of ours have been abused and by whom? btw, I don't mean by our own fans (I will never forgive us for booing Cousin on against Panathinaikos).

I'm sure I've heard Fergie being booed, jeered and cursed, by some of the contingent of supposedly Scottish fans and that is at a game, never mind the insults he has received when he couldn't play for various reasons. Wouldn't like to say what team these supposed fans support at the weekend but more than likely grey and green. The majority though support all the players like on the day of a Scotland match we will support guys like McManus etc.

Danny. Our players have been recieving abuse from the stands at national games for years now.

It's no secret!

Thought you meant at club level.

The earliest I remember it happening was with Maurice Johnston and it seemed to open up the flood gates.

I'm not talking about Rangers fans watching their players, I'm talking about genuine hatred directed towards our players from the angelic TA.

And you don't think the Rangers supporting element of it will be abusing the Hartleys and Browns?

I hate the SPL right now, and a number of our opponents who haven't exactly been accommodating.

But to not support the national team is completely pointless - the national team is made up of perfectly honest players who have NOTHING to do with the lack of accommodating from many clubs.

They also have nothing to do with the bureaucrats who have rejected our requests.

If you want to dislike the national team minstral, you're free to do so. But do it for the right reasons, and not something completely unrelated to it.

I agree somewhat.

But why haven't we heard anyone from within Scottish football weather that be the governing bodies, the mhedia or fellow professionals condemning the treatment directed towards certain players?

Indeed the mhedia are more concerned about insults flung at AIDSinho and the racial content :rolleyes:

No one likes us, we don't care!

Recent decisions have left me in no doubt that we are simply not liked by anyone.

Time to close ranks, in a footballing sense I am finished with Scotland!

I no longer care about the national side!

I'm sure I've heard Fergie being booed, jeered and cursed, by some of the contingent of supposedly Scottish fans and that is at a game, never mind the insults he has received when he couldn't play for various reasons. Wouldn't like to say what team these supposed fans support at the weekend but more than likely grey and green. The majority though support all the players like on the day of a Scotland match we will support guys like McManus etc.

tbh I can't deny that I hate tim players playing for Scotland. I support the national team, but when I see a tim on the ball or scoring, I'd much rather they weren't there at all.

I really do hate Celtic and I make no apology for that.

It takes the edge off a goal when it was a tim who scored it.

I'll give you an example of where we are in the position of things.

Brian Laudrup got booed when turning out for Denmark against Scotland. A great player plying his trade in a league looked down upon throughout Europe.

Would the boos have commenced had Larrson faced Scotland?

Even as a rangers fan I know for a fact that I wouldn't.

Rasngers are despised in Scotland

And you don't think the Rangers supporting element of it will be abusing the Hartleys and Browns?

At a Scotland game, absolutely not.

I've been to Scotland games since both players signed for them and I've heard nothing in the way of bitterness.

Stop trying to turn it in to an OF thing.

It clearly isn't

I've been to Scotland games since both players signed for them and I've heard nothing in the way of bitterness.

It clearly isn't

Then you might have selective hearing mate! :rolleyes: When the players names have been announced over the tannoy before kick-off I've heard both Hartley and Broon being roundly booed!

It clearly isn't

Then you might have selective hearing mate! :rolleyes: When the players names have been announced over the tannoy before kick-off I've heard both Hartley and Broon being roundly booed!

Then I might call you a liar

It clearly isn't

:ohmy:

It clearly isn't

The pale insignificance of a feww boo boys for Hartley/Broon is nothing in comparison to the wide spread hatred for Barry.

Seen on PAB after Hutton moved, a guy saying he would no longer boo him now he's a Tottenham player.

So much for international team mates, Hartley nearly breaking Mccullich's ankle and trying to take Ferguson out the game. If you think I'm going to support Hartley or Broon then you're thinking wrong. I always thought McManus had something that resembled human deceny until that OF game a few weeks ago.

Every team hates us, teams like ICT and Killie think signing FOS will wind us up, the Hibs will sing Grand Old Team to wind us up, not to mention the sheep and the tims. This is proven at board level recently by no-one wanting to publicly help us, barely even in the media (apart from a Scotland on Sunday article).

It clearly isn't

Call me whatever you like........doesn't change what I've heard. :harhar:

It's been happening for years.......scummy contingent boo Rangers players, Bear contingent boo scummy players. I'm not saying all of each contingent do it, but some do and probably always will. Barry got more abuse than usual when there was some doubts aired in the media over whether he was injured or saving himself for club duties.

This whole "everyone hates us" idea is, in my opinion, paranoia.

just heard SFA agreed to move the cup final but SPL told them doesnt matter wat u do we aint budging

The SFA offered to move the Cup Final to a Wednesday,It was QOTS that rejected it not the SPL!

i jsut heard that on news , also heard rangers fans have still vowed to invade manchester also one man of another supporters club has moved to bouycott first away game next season , there saying best way to hurt the spl is in the pocket

So much for international team mates, Hartley nearly breaking Mccullich's ankle and trying to take Ferguson out the game

McCulloch had a go at Hartley. Said the tackle was shocking and even although they play in the Scotland team together, McCulloch does not see him as a mate.

It's been happening for years.......scummy contingent boo Rangers players, Bear contingent boo scummy players. I'm not saying all of each contingent do it, but some do and probably always will. Barry got more abuse than usual when there was some doubts aired in the media over whether he was injured or saving himself for club duties.

I will.

That's total nonsense, for what it's worth I don't believe for a second that the mhanks are responsible for Rangers players getting booed, how could they? They hardly go to national games in great numbers.

You are talking absolute mince regarding Scott Brown, unless it was you who was doing it.

There has been a buzz about the place (copyright Paul McStay) whenever he has started or came on as a sub.

Scotland is not the SPL and not the SFA. Thank fuck for that then.

My complete derision for the pricks that run Scottish football wont stop me supporting my country, because the suits will come and go whilst Scotland is forever in my heart.

Nevertheless, the Scottish national team will always be second to The Rangers

It clearly isn't

Open your eyes ffs!

Spot on minstral my friend, the so called footballing organizations in Scotland who have done nothing but hinder us this season can go fuck themselves.

If we win the Uefa cup we should tell the SFA/SPL whoever that it is not a great success for Scottish football but a great success for RANGERS AND ONLY RANGERS :rangers:

never will i ever support scotland ever again, after the way we have been treated it just shows what scottish football thinks of us. right enough i have known for over 50 years what they think of us, as a club we are hated by every other club in scotland. plus they have lived off our fans for years, and to me they are parisites, but from now on i want nothing to do with our national team. i will leave it to all the other fans to sit on a hillside getting all misty eyed and munching their shortbread, for me rangers are all that matter, and when we win everything tell them that we are the people and no surrender. :rangers:

This should be quite an interesting thread, I can't wait. :)

Are you finding it interesting yet? :D

Very interesting! :D

Exactly what I expected.