Rangers and Scotland

The whole 'Rangers players are booed' stuff is nonsense. Maybe by a few here and there, I've not heard any, but certainly not by any sizeable number.

It's just a fabricated excuse to try and justify a lack of support for their national side.

What a strange comment.

Why would somebody need to 'fabricate' an 'excuse' to not support the national side?

And I suppose I imagined the abuse directed at myself and at Rangers players?

If the facts don't suit, just make up some new ones why don't you?

When it is suggested that there is a majority, or even just a sizeable number, of Scotland supporters that boo Rangers players at games, then yes, that is pure fabrication. It's simply not true. When guys tell stories like, "a couple of idiots behind me booed Barry Ferguson's name......", I can believe that. Never encountered it myself, but the odd idiot wouldn't surprise me. There is no widespread abuse of our players at Scotland games.

Well I don't think I 'suggested' any of those things, but I doubt you'd believe me if I had sworn statements from 100,000 TA members, so you just carry on selecting the 'facts' that suit the world you want to be living in, I'll hang on in here in the real one.

You did. You said, "which sellick players get constant abuse from them?" That's a very general statement, which hints that a majority, or at least sizeable number, of Scotland fans boo Rangers players. Which isn't the case.

If fans don't want to support Scotland, fine, but I don't see the point in creating these false myths to try and back up their lack of support for the national side.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole 'Rangers players are booed' stuff is nonsense. Maybe by a few here and there, I've not heard any, but certainly not by any sizeable number.

It's just a fabricated excuse to try and justify a lack of support for their national side.

What a strange comment.

Why would somebody need to 'fabricate' an 'excuse' to not support the national side?

And I suppose I imagined the abuse directed at myself and at Rangers players?

If the facts don't suit, just make up some new ones why don't you?

When it is suggested that there is a majority, or even just a sizeable number, of Scotland supporters that boo Rangers players at games, then yes, that is pure fabrication. It's simply not true. When guys tell stories like, "a couple of idiots behind me booed Barry Ferguson's name......", I can believe that. Never encountered it myself, but the odd idiot wouldn't surprise me. There is no widespread abuse of our players at Scotland games.

Well I don't think I 'suggested' any of those things, but I doubt you'd believe me if I had sworn statements from 100,000 TA members, so you just carry on selecting the 'facts' that suit the world you want to be living in, I'll hang on in here in the real one.

You did. You said, "which sellick players get constant abuse from them?" That's a very general statement, which hints that a majority, or at least sizeable number, of Scotland fans boo Rangers players. Which isn't the case.

If fans don't want to support Scotland, fine, but I don't see the point in creating these false myths to try and back up their lack of support for the national side.

Right so I asked a question (not a statement ;)), that hinted at something; or something else; or even something else and that entitles you to put words in my mouth.

You will go to any lengths to sustain your myth won't you?

Well OK, I give in, Barry Ferguson and other Rangers players are warmly applauded at every opportunity by the TA, most of whom wear Rangers gear as well as Scotland stuff, and the tiny minority who don't support Rangers love them to bits anyway.

Oh and I imagined being personally abused by TA folk for being an unapologetic bear, as do the Rangers players.

Happy? Can I go to bed now?

:bed:

Given that the Scotland Manager has condemned the SPL over their failure to accommodate our request, will you accept that you have made a mistake and directed your anger in the wrong direction?

No bullshit, born and bred in Scotland, I take great pride in the Union Jack but Ill always be Scottish first, a few bitter taig's and the SPL wont change how I feel about our national team, were this countries premier club and should be flying Saltires at every opportunity too.

i hate FIFA and EUFA but i dont hate football

disliking out govening bodies, SFA and SPL, doesnt mean we should stop supporting our national team. We should all get behind them especily as half our team represents Scotland. I want our players to suceed with club and country.