Perhaps the most one sided, paranoid, biased article ive ever read

Levein Blasts Ref As United Crash At Ibrox

DUNDEE UNITED boss Craig Levein last night launched an astonishing tirade at ref Mike McCurry - and accused him of bottling big decisions against Rangers.

Gers beat United 3-1 to move within a point of Celtic at the top with a game in hand thanks to a Nacho Novo double and an injury-time clincher from Jean-Claude Darcheville.

But the fuse for Levein's post-match fireworks was lit when McCurry denied the Arabs a stonewall penalty that could have seen Davie Weir sent off then controversially chopped off a Danny Swanson strike for offside.

Levein also claims McCurry missed a blatant punch by Kirk Broadfoot that split Noel Hunt's tongue and ignored a headbutt by Daniel Cousin on Lee Wilkie. In an amazing outburst he claimed the ref BOTTLED sending Weir off because he feared costing Gers the league.

That McCurry would be SACKED if he had done this against the Ibrox side.

And the ref should have called him to tell United not to bother turning up.

Striker Hunt also waded in to the debate, claiming his side were up against 12 men and were CHEATED.

Levein said: "It's impossible to win here in important games.

"The referee bottled it because he knew if he'd given the penalty Weir had to go.

"He knew it was a penalty but the game was so important to Rangers he couldn't give it "The assistant probably had a better view than the ref but he won't put his head above the parapet, will he?

"It's Rangers. At Ibrox. You cannae win that. An important game, a title decider? We cannae have Dundee United winning that game. Who gives a toss about United, eh?

"Swanson's goal is a good one as well. It hits Weir and goes in. We deserved to get something from the game - but you CANNOT win.

"I said to the ref we'd be as well not turning up. What's the point? Mike could have phoned me this morning and said: 'Look, Rangers are going to get the points, tell your lads to stay in the house."

Levein, no stranger to SFA disciplinary hearings, knew his rant would lead to sanctions.

But he clearly felt it was a price worth paying to have his say.

He continued: "The players are furious. If we had got the penalty and they went down to 10 men I would have fancied us strongly to win.

"I'll tell you what will happen now though - I'll get my wrist slapped for having a go at the referee.

"It's impossible to win. I'll be sitting in front of some disciplinary committee in a few weeks' time and getting a fine.

I'll get hammered.

"This is my livelihood. An extra s125,000 for a league place could be added to my budget for next season.

"It might mean an extra player. It might mean when I get an injury I can turn to the bench and put a good player on and not a kid.

"But people don't think about that. It's all about the pressure on Rangers. The importance to them.

"And if you give a decision against them you get hammered. Can you imagine if this was the other way round? McCurry would never referee another game.

"But we're only Dundee United. What do we matter?"

United also had an apparent penalty denied when Carlos Cuellar hauled down Christian Kalvenes in the CIS Cup Final.

And Levein sighed: "After the final I did my best not to have a go at the referee (Kenny Clark) for denying us a penalty.

"Maybe some people have mistaken kindness for weakness on my part.

"There's no doubt if you add what happened today to the cup final then I've every right to be furious.

"Noel Hunt got punched in the face at the (disallowed) goal. He has a split tongue - a deliberate punch by Broadfoot.

"And Cousin head butted Wilkie. The referee should control the Rangers players."

Hunt showed solidarity with his gaffer, claiming: "We can't beat 12 men. Your head goes down when you get perfectly good goals chopped off - it's like cheating."

Asked finally if there were any positives to be taken from the Ibrox defeat Levein said wryly: "Yes, McCurry won't referee another one of our games this season."

Hunt showed solidarity with his gaffer, claiming: "We can't beat 12 men. Your head goes down when you get perfectly good goals chopped off - it's like cheating."

Aye, don't we just fucking know it!

Aye, don't we just fucking know it!

I would say we were facing 14 in both the old firm games.

"I said to the ref we'd be as well not turning up. What's the point? Mike could have phoned me this morning and said: 'Look, Rangers are going to get the points, tell your lads to stay in the house."

The Fammine is over why dont use go home :rangers:

Levein Blasts Ref As United Crash At Ibrox

DUNDEE UNITED boss Craig Levein last night launched an astonishing tirade at ref Mike McCurry - and accused him of bottling big decisions against Rangers.

Gers beat United 3-1 to move within a point of Celtic at the top with a game in hand thanks to a Nacho Novo double and an injury-time clincher from Jean-Claude Darcheville.

But the fuse for Levein's post-match fireworks was lit when McCurry denied the Arabs a stonewall penalty that could have seen Davie Weir sent off then controversially chopped off a Danny Swanson strike for offside.

Levein also claims McCurry missed a blatant punch by Kirk Broadfoot that split Noel Hunt's tongue and ignored a headbutt by Daniel Cousin on Lee Wilkie. In an amazing outburst he claimed the ref BOTTLED sending Weir off because he feared costing Gers the league.

That McCurry would be SACKED if he had done this against the Ibrox side.

Striker Hunt also waded in to the debate, claiming his side were up against 12 men and were CHEATED.

Levein said: "It's impossible to win here in important games.

"The referee bottled it because he knew if he'd given the penalty Weir had to go.

"He knew it was a penalty but the game was so important to Rangers he couldn't give it "The assistant probably had a better view than the ref but he won't put his head above the parapet, will he?

"It's Rangers. At Ibrox. You cannae win that. An important game, a title decider? We cannae have Dundee United winning that game. Who gives a toss about United, eh?

"Swanson's goal is a good one as well. It hits Weir and goes in. We deserved to get something from the game - but you CANNOT win.

Levein, no stranger to SFA disciplinary hearings, knew his rant would lead to sanctions.

But he clearly felt it was a price worth paying to have his say.

He continued: "The players are furious. If we had got the penalty and they went down to 10 men I would have fancied us strongly to win.

"I'll tell you what will happen now though - I'll get my wrist slapped for having a go at the referee.

"It's impossible to win. I'll be sitting in front of some disciplinary committee in a few weeks' time and getting a fine.

I'll get hammered.

"This is my livelihood. An extra s125,000 for a league place could be added to my budget for next season.

"It might mean an extra player. It might mean when I get an injury I can turn to the bench and put a good player on and not a kid.

"But people don't think about that. It's all about the pressure on Rangers. The importance to them.

"And if you give a decision against them you get hammered. Can you imagine if this was the other way round? McCurry would never referee another game.

"But we're only Dundee United. What do we matter?"

United also had an apparent penalty denied when Carlos Cuellar hauled down Christian Kalvenes in the CIS Cup Final.

And Levein sighed: "After the final I did my best not to have a go at the referee (Kenny Clark) for denying us a penalty.

"Maybe some people have mistaken kindness for weakness on my part.

"There's no doubt if you add what happened today to the cup final then I've every right to be furious.

"Noel Hunt got punched in the face at the (disallowed) goal. He has a split tongue - a deliberate punch by Broadfoot.

"And Cousin head butted Wilkie. The referee should control the Rangers players."

Asked finally if there were any positives to be taken from the Ibrox defeat Levein said wryly: "Yes, McCurry won't referee another one of our games this season."

I agree :harhar: