What Rangers Mean To Me

Miss_K

This I only realised last night.

Rangers (and this website to some extent) are the team completely responsible for re-igniting my passion for football. Where football is more than just football. Its a sense of union. Its pride. Its passion. For a while I seemed to have forgotten that. Football had literally become nothing more than a game to me. In reality, its so much more than that.

The match that took place last night and the lead up to it especially took me on a journey I didnt think I would go on. I found myself constantly preoccupied with thoughts of Manchester; time was dragging and the excitement and anticipation was building. Seeing such an epic amount of Rangers blue in Manchester gave me goose bumps. News reports made me grin more than a Cheshire cat. It wasnt until later that I asked myself why? As a girl who is not Scottish, nor born into a family of bluenoses, I found my attachment slightly unusual. As I mentioned earlier, this website has played a part in finding my love for Rangers. Its easily seen that many of the posts on here are written straight from the heart, with a love for your team so strong that it really touches MY heart.

Last night, as the 2nd goal was scored and the final whistle was blown, through my teary eyes I could see the blurred vision of the Rangers team sat on the pitch defeated, deflated and heartbroken the disappointment just too much to take, for them and their supporters. Manchester was supposed to be the venue in which we would make history, and it would have gotten us well on our way to winning the quadruple. Instead, Rangers became worthy runners-up and showed true sportsmanship in doing so. The team, plus the hundreds of thousands of bears watching, not only sat and watched as Zenit lifted the trophy but applauded them too. Still though, in the hearts of so many bears WE were the true winners. Just for getting that far.

Rangers have become a part of me as of late, which I guess is how it should be for any bluenose. Granted, my love for Rangers has only just really emerged but love lasts forever. They have taken me on a journey. A journey of discovery. And from last night onwards they will have special place in my heart. I am honoured to be part of the Rangers family, as we all should be. So the next time someone asks me who I support, Ill say Rangers. Ill say it loud and Ill say it proud.

So Thank you Glasgow Rangers !! My blood now runs blue. :rangers:

(I don't normally post in the Bears Den but I needed to get that out! :D At least one thing positive happened last night eh? :))

Brilliant post :rangers:

My best mate always followed football but never really followed a team. Then he met me and he's Rangers all the way now and last night confirmed that for me when i turned to him with tears rolling down my cheeks and said "this was ment to be our day mate this was our destiny" and as soon as i said that he couldn't hold the tears back any longer.

I also like his saying which is "I seen the light and it was blue"

good post kirsty like every gers fan last night i was gutted at losing but happy we just got there as you say the news reports showin all the bears in the city taking over gave me such a good feeling and i said to my brother we have got to have the best support in the world

after the game i went to bed as i was so out of it woke and got out of bed this afternoon and seen there was riots that just took the good feeling away for me i was gutted how some fans thank your team by starting fights is beyond me i feel like crying in anger at these bloody idiots ruining such a good day

good post kirsty like every gers fan last night i was gutted at losing but happy we just got there as you say the news reports showin all the bears in the city taking over gave me such a good feeling and i said to my brother we have got to have the best support in the world

after the game i went to bed as i was so out of it woke and got out of bed this afternoon and seen there was riots that just took the good feeling away for me i was gutted how some fans thank your team by starting fights is beyond me i feel like crying in anger at these bloody idiots ruining such a good day

Well said that lassie!

Great post Kirsty :D

I also had tears in my eyes as the 2nd goal went in, head sunk in my hands of what could have been.

Supporting a team has its fickle moments - from the unbeleivable excitement in the run we've had to the final to the dejection at the end of the game. That feeling is what I live for, regardless of the mess after the game, I'm always proud to be a Teddy Bear.

WATP :rangers:

Very well said Kirsty :rangers: I was bursting with pride yesterday and it reminds you just how good it is to be a bluenose, too bad that some utter morons have dragged our good name into the gutter! :angry2:

:clap: What a great post, Kirsty :clap: What does it mean to me? I too had the symptoms you described, I willed my team to win, I had tears in my eyes when the 2nd goal went in - it confirmed the end of my dream (for now). I'm still hurting, we had climbed the mountain, we had faced down the toughest foe and when we reached the pinnnacle we just didn't do enough to win it. Congratulations to Zenit, but its we, The Rangers, who are the people. We will be back! The RANGERS NATION is strong!

Brilliant post :rangers:

My best mate always followed football but never really followed a team. Then he met me and he's Rangers all the way now and last night confirmed that for me when i turned to him with tears rolling down my cheeks and said "this was ment to be our day mate this was our destiny" and as soon as i said that he couldn't hold the tears back any longer.

I also like his saying which is "I seen the light and it was blue"

Awww always great to hear stuff like that. Sounds like it was a special moment for him :)

love the saying too (tu)

and thanks for all your comments guys! :D :unionflag:

Had a bit of a moan on another topic a few minutes ago when I was feeling really pissed off with this season, however, on reflection it's worth putting things into perspective, new management and players at the start of the season, a bit of heart introduced after the previous manager and hangers ons were dismissed, won the League Cup, runners up in the UEFA Cup, in with a chance of winning the league, and should, with all respect to QoTS win the Scottish Cup, if this is a bad season the I look forward to a good one. I know we are all disappointed after the UEFA cup final but how many other teams played as many games as us to reach where we are in all the competitions we entered. We should never lose track of who we are and where we come from, we are, and always will be, THE PEOPLE!! :rangers:

Great post Kirsty, an excellent read.

I sometimes ask myself the same question.

More likely at a wet night in Motherwell, or with the freezing wind blowing across us from the North Sea at Aberdeen, why do I bother, it's shite so often.

But when it's good it's really good, brilliant in fact.

Over the last few years we've been privileged to witness (whether we were at the games or not) two of the most spine tingling moments of sheer unalloyed joy (for us) with the unbelievable drama of a tournament played over the whole season being settled in the last few minutes of the 38th match.

Theatre or Cinema can only dream of such drama.

And this season, with so much still in the balance and so much lost, well I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I've never been prouder or happier to be a bear, from the few hundred of us at the first pre season friendly at Gutersloh, through the record breaking crowds in Barca, to the fantastic sea of blue at Manchester on Wednesday. Even the pishy night at Fir Park playing Gretna. I just wouldn't swap it for the World.

Whatever Pittodrie and Hampden hold for us the team have done us proud and we should never forget it.

WATP

Great post Kirsty, an excellent read.

I sometimes ask myself the same question.

More likely at a wet night in Motherwell, or with the freezing wind blowing across us from the North Sea at Aberdeen, why do I bother, it's shite so often.

But when it's good it's really good, brilliant in fact.

Over the last few years we've been priveleged to witness (whether we were at the games or not) two of the most spine tingling moments of sheer unalloyed joy (for us) with the unbelievable drama of a tournament played over the whole season being settled in the last few minutes of the 38th match.

Theatre or Cinema can only dream of such drama.

And this season, with so much still in the balance and so much lost, well I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I've never been prouder or happier to be a bear, from the few hundred of us at the first pre season friendly at Gutersloh, through the record breaking crowds in Barca, to the fantastic sea of blue at Manchester on Wednesday. Even the pishy night at Fir Park playing Gretna. I just wouldn't swap it for the World.

Whatever Pittodrie and Hampden hold for us the team have done us proud and we should never forget it.

WATP

Very well said Manti :beer2: