£7Million for Ceullar?

Add a one before the 7 and youve got his valuation, But we aint selling!

NEWCASTLE are ready to test Rangers’ determination to hang on to Carlos Cuellar this summer by making a £7million bid for the defender.

Cuellar, 26, has been a big hit in his debut season in the SPL since signing from Osasuna for £2.3m and was recently voted the league’s player of the year.

The Spaniard signed a four-year contract and his impressive performances have alerted a host of Premier League clubs.

Dennis Wise, Newcastle’s executive director of football, was in the crowd at the City of Manchester Stadium for last week’s UEFA Cup final against Zenit St Petersburg to watch Cuellar.

Newcastle also fancy FC Basel’s 19-year-old striker Eren Derdiyok.

He scored against England for Switzerland at Wembley when he came on as a second-half sub in February.

well i suppose you cant blame newcastle for being careful about what they offer for a rangers defender after spending £8m on boumsong :lol: £7m your having a laugh, i wouldnt sell him for twice that.

King Carlos.

There's not enough money in the world ;)

anyway, even if DM accepted their pish offer, he'd never leave.. unlike hutton, he can stand up to Davie.

:rangers: Til he Dies ;)

Hes been linked to Newcastle so many times recently, the same papers also said Carlos wouldn't move to Newcastle because he wanted to move to a club that wasn't at the bottom and that could win trophys, I agree, would be a complete step DOWN regardless of the extra cash.

if the price is right he will go

£10m and he's gone

I agree, the first bid of 10-mill or more and he is outta here.....sux!! :(

he was fantastic , but he has a price on his head , the same as all players do

I was also of the opinion that anything over 10 million and Murray would sell...

However it has recently occurred to me that he is our only viable option for center half...

Weir is bound to retire this summer and if he doesn't he has lost the edge anyway... Dailly is also not likely to stick around much longer. That leaves who??? Kirk Broadfoot, Sasa Papac, and Andy Webster??? Webster should just goback to Wigan, I don't believe with his history of Injuries that he is ever going to cut it, and while I admire the effort of Papac and Broadfoot, neither should be first choice center Halves for Rangers

With the need for a quality Right back and arguably a leftback as well, Selling Cueller would mean a whole new defence next year....

No i think we will keep him at least another half season

I know our determination will run higher than £7Million when we got more than that for Hutton, and Cuellar has played an even more important part in our season because he played longer. Double it and I will start listening though

I know our determination will run higher than £7Million when we got more than that for Hutton, and Cuellar has played an even more important part in our season because he played longer. Double it and I will start listening though

Is that you Martin Bain? :craphead:

Is that you Martin Bain? :craphead:

:rolleyes:

:pipehorse:

we sold (or planned to) sell cousin for 3 times what we paid for him, theres no way we will do that here.