The DaMarcus Beasley debate

papaguy51

I've read this ridiculous argument a couple of times yet again this morning.

I must ask the people that pull this oldie out of the bag...Do you want a team of 6'2, 14 stone Lee McCullochs?

Is multi-acclaimed Nakamura built like a tank? Is the engine room that is Fabregas built like a tank? What about Robinho or Robben, would you not take them due to their slimness?

Beasley is a rapid player, tuned to perfection and any significant gain in muscle would slow him down.

The whole argument about him being too small is completely crazy. We need pace, we need skill, we need stamina and fitness. More diversely, we need a player with the ability to win freekicks in and around the box. DMB has all of these, a good percentage of it could be put down to his frame.

So, please, can all these daft criticisms of the man cease?!

Beasley needs to toughen up. All the players you mentioned robinho, robben would all get kicked to buggery in the spl. Beasley gets injured a lot due to people kicking him. I suppose he should get more protection from referees.

And again all the players you mentioned, are all built more stronger than Beasley.

I think hes a very decent player but the way players kick him. Hes gonna end up on crutches at the end of his career.

Beasley needs to toughen up. All the players you mentioned robinho, robben would all get kicked to buggery in the spl. Beasley gets injured a lot due to people kicking him. I suppose he should get more protection from referees.

And again all the players you mentioned, are all built more stronger than Beasley.

I think hes a very decent player but the way players kick him. Hes gonna end up on crutches at the end of his career.

:lol:

So what you're basically saying is that you'd bow to the knuckle draggers that are SPL defenders and the club shouldn't sign small, fast players?

Also, DMD often just gets up after being hacked without a complaint - especially when you look at Drogba and Cristiano Ronaldo!

(tu)

He's an example to young players, his attitude is absolutley spot on.

Players like Buffel and Beasley are almost too good to play in the SPL, as their true talent isn't appreciated at all.

They have technique and ability that knuckledraggers like Ross Tokley and Zander Diamond could only dream of, but because the majority of the players in Scotland, are from Scotland (funnily enough) they have been brought up to play the game in a more physical manner, and what I would consider backwards manner, and that means that things like kicking, shirt pulling and using your elbows takes priority over ability.

Sadly we, much like the majority of players in this country, have also generally been brought up watching a piss poor league, so it appears that certain people are more willing to accept the piss poor standards that the animals in our league set rather than appreciate the technical ability of a better player simply because it's what they are used to and have come to expect.

You see it on here all the time "Buffel doesn't tackle" and "DMB doesn't compete in the air" but you seldom hear them saying how good Buffel's off the ball movement is or DMB's ability to draw a foul is do you?

Also, DMD often just gets up after being hacked without a complaint - especially when you look at Drogba and Cristiano Ronaldo!

(tu)

Hes a good example of how to get injured. He was out for half the season.

Guest therabbitt

Delivery is still below par for me. Personal opinion though.

Here's hoping he can only get better for us!

(tu)

Hes a good example of how to get injured. He was out for half the season.

That's ridiculous mate.

He done his knee because his studs got caught in the ground as the Stuttgart goalie slid out for a 50/50. Absolutley hee-haw to do with his weight or build.

I agree with Papa 100%

Ive been a fan of Beasley for years and people who say hes too loghtweight or gets pushed off the ball should go and watch the ICT game at the start of the season!

DMB first SPL game for Rangers and who does he come up against....Ross Tokley!

Tokley is a fukin animal yet Beasley took the hits and got back up, and basically ran Tokley riot. Im not saying Tokley is a great RB but he is probably the most physical he is going to come up against in the SPL and it didnt do him any harm!

Look at how many fks Naka" dog eater" Mura gets because of his frame and body size. Beasley in all the games ive seen him in doesnt get "pushed off the ball" and any time he looks as if hes being roughed up he wins a fk.

Beasley is a fantastic player who would do well for is if he gets a run of games! Very fast, got a few tricks, great delivery and can score a goal or 2!!

Looking forward to him playing more next season!

I agree with Papa 100%

Ive been a fan of Beasley for years and people who say hes too loghtweight or gets pushed off the ball should go and watch the ICT game at the start of the season!

DMB first SPL game for Rangers and who does he come up against....Ross Tokley!

Tokley is a fukin animal yet Beasley took the hits and got back up, and basically ran Tokley riot. Im not saying Tokley is a great RB but he is probably the most physical he is going to come up against in the SPL and it didnt do him any harm!

Look at how many fks Naka" dog eater" Mura gets because of his frame and body size. Beasley in all the games ive seen him in doesnt get "pushed off the ball" and any time he looks as if hes being roughed up he wins a fk.

Beasley is a fantastic player who would do well for is if he gets a run of games! Very fast, got a few tricks, great delivery and can score a goal or 2!!

Looking forward to him playing more next season!

Spot on Del, he pulverised that cunt Tokely.

I must ask the people that pull this oldie out of the bag...Do you want a team of 6'2, 14 stone Lee McCullochs?

Is multi-acclaimed Nakamura built like a tank? Is the engine room that is Fabregas built like a tank? What about Robinho or Robben, would you not take them due to their slimness?

Beasley is a rapid player, tuned to perfection and any significant gain in muscle would slow him down.

The whole argument about him being too small is completely crazy. We need pace, we need skill, we need stamina and fitness. More diversely, we need a player with the ability to win freekicks in and around the box. DMB has all of these, a good percentage of it could be put down to his frame.

Cant believe am doing this, but, agreed (tu)

You could add, Ronaldo, Messi, Torres etc etc etc to the slim lean players list

I think its astounding, pacy wingers are not going to be hulking brutes. Using the argument about the SPL teams kicking them ? I dunno, perhaps, the more slimmer pacier players teams play, the better the league will become, as the cloggers get phased out! Like when the engloish league started, they brought in "flair players" from scotland, who could dribble, head the ball an cross it (I read that in about 1996, still the funniest thing i ever read)

:bouncy:

Cant believe am doing this, but, agreed (tu)

You could add, Ronaldo, Messi, Torres etc etc etc to the slim lean players list

I think its astounding, pacy wingers are not going to be hulking brutes. Using the argument about the SPL teams kicking them ? I dunno, perhaps, the more slimmer pacier players teams play, the better the league will become, as the cloggers get phased out! Like when the engloish league started, they brought in "flair players" from scotland, who could dribble, head the ball an cross it (I read that in about 1996, still the funniest thing i ever read)

:bouncy:

You see sense, eventually :D

I was going to say Ronaldo, but he's one of these Henry 'ultimate athlete' type builds. Wouldn't mind a few of them :lol:

It's ironic isn't it:

We all slag Big Mad Bruiser Lee McCulloch for contributing nothing except fouls. Yet a player like DMB who is anything BUT an LM type gets slagged for NOT being a Big Mad Bruiser Lee McCulloch type.

Personally I think a footballing brain is really quite important.

It's ironic isn't it:

We all slag Big Mad Bruiser Lee McCulloch for contributing nothing except fouls. Yet a player like DMB who is anything BUT an LM type gets slagged for NOT being a Big Mad Bruiser Lee McCulloch type.

Personally I think a footballing brain is really quite important.

Same with Buffel.

People moan at him for not being that 'total footballing attacker', yet people criticise him for not getting back and defending.

Some posters need to figure out what they're after from this squad of players.