The DaMarcus Beasley debate

papaguy51

It's ironic isn't it:

We all slag Big Mad Bruiser Lee McCulloch for contributing nothing except fouls. Yet a player like DMB who is anything BUT an LM type gets slagged for NOT being a Big Mad Bruiser Lee McCulloch type.

Personally I think a footballing brain is really quite important.

Same with Buffel.

People moan at him for not being that 'total footballing attacker', yet people criticise him for not getting back and defending.

Some posters need to figure out what they're after from this squad of players.

The greatest irony is in the very few appearances I've seen from him this season, Buffel has indeed defended.

I believe that the loss of DMB, due to an unfortunate injury, was one of the main reasons we failed in the 2 big competitions this year - loss of Naismith and Burke also to blame -his pace, movement and crossing ability make him a must next season. A potential great in my view.

This guy has a LONG LONG way before he can even be considered top class...far less than 'a potential GREAT'...

I hope he can make the grade at some point but he has achieved fuck all so far, has good pace and creativity -but does need much more before he can compete consistently at top level...

I agree we missed some of the factors he brings, but to hype him to the levels we are after so little so far...

Maybe I'm just old enough to remember some players who set a higher bar for the term "great"..

Can I ask you all one question

Has the Rangers management team ever taken our opinions into consideration whether it be Boyd or anybody else :rolleyes:

No.

I've said it a few times, but if we lived and died by that there would be no point in this forum!

When I think of Rangers class wingers I think of Cooper, Henderson, Laudrup.

Beasley's problem isn't his physical stature - it's his lack of ability that bothers me.

Pool player at PSV and just a cheap option for us when we got him

Do PSV miss him ???????????

Beasley's problem isn't his physical stature - it's his lack of ability that bothers me.

.. he is not near the class of the guys mentioned... and many others (Willie Johnstone etc) ...he bottles too many 50:50 tackles for my liking. I have no problem with stature as long as it doesn't affect his competitiveness during 90 mins....Nacho is wee and so was WJ but their tenacity and self belief more than compensated and DMB needs to get this strength in his kitbag to take his game to a level where he has the right balance.

Otherwise he'll be a busy, skillfull little player that gets bullied out of the game in half the matches he plays in...(refs will then stop giving fouls as a result).. and will unfortuantely never fulfill his potential.

:craphead:

Beasley has the ability to outrun ANYONE in the SPL down that left flank and make the cross. For that reason alone, I don't care if he's slimmer than the rest, the guys got the skill needed to turn us into an attacking team once more. I wouldn't say he's my first choice, but I beleive he can do the job.

... yes he can RUN...

... yes he has SKILL...

... yes they are much needed qualities for us..

All I'm saying is that there are other necessary attributes for him to make the grade as a top class player (or make it through a season like we have just had - against much better opponents than he'll find in the SPL ...he withered in Barca last year)

...and I hope he does add these aspects to his game by the way!

Every player has aspects that need worked on, Beasley is by no means an exception.

All I'm saying is he was out with an injury, which sucks, but every time he's come on he's proved he can mince their defense.

Beaser is quality. FACT.

Sure KB got his goals.. both from DMB's efforts. (Taking nothing away from Kris' stunning strike). And DMB can actually take a corner. Remember, it was DMB's corner that helped us open the scoring in our 3-0 hammering of LYON.

Pool player at PSV and just a cheap option for us when we got him

Do PSV miss him ???????????

:rolleyes: