Weir off too

AdzKyle

Yeah agree with you Danny. I wasnt expecting much from him at all when we signed him but he has been pretty solid in most games.

I knew exactly what we had and telt ye lot to stop crying when we signed him.

I think he repaid my faith in him :)

I never once cried about it!! :harhar:

Lies. I had to provide you with rolls of Kleenex.

Wait, it was for tears, right?

According to the Sun Walter wants to keep him, Dailly and Davis.

Out the 3 Davis is about the only one I would keep.

I'd keep the Davis we had for January and February. The April May one has been rank.

If he can get his old form back, and maybe be played in his best position...

According to the Sun Walter wants to keep him, Dailly and Davis.

Out the 3 Davis is about the only one I would keep.

I'd keep the Davis we had for January and February. The April May one has been rank.

If he can get his old form back, and maybe be played in his best position...

I said about as he shown in the 3 months he's not worth the £3/4 Million quoted.

all the best davie. wot a difference considering we were strugglin along with karl svensson before he came on board

Shudder every time his name is mentioned.

Worst defender ever for the club.

been a great servant this season but he does need to be replaced with younger legs, i would like him to stay for cover but understand if he wants 1st team footie.

thanks davie.

(tu) spot on!!

Sorry to see Weir go if he does, but realistically if we want to progress we need to keep Cuellar and sign someone to play alongside him. There's no way we could guarantee a 38 year old that he'll be first pick. Has done a great job in the season and a half he's been with us, though.

He'll be here next year I reckon. He lives close to me so I understand how much of a pain in the arse the 4 hour drive is but he's enjoying it. Watching him bollocking every referee at some point in every game was a pleasure to watch. When it comes to retiring every player likes medals to show for their career and he knows playing for us will bring them in.

I can realistically see Weir being one of the new breed of managers at the top clubs in the EPL in the next 10 years.

l reckon he'll stay at Ibrox and take on a kind of coaching role, as he seems to pass on a lot of tips to the younger players, and he seems happy amongst the squad he's with.

Probably go down the route Ally's going, taking tips from Walter before making his own decision to take over as manager of a team. He would do well as a manager as he has a lot of knowledge of the game, knows a lot of players so could attract many big names for a team, and seems to be very insperational in general.

Either way, if he's here or not next year, i'd love to thank the big man for being at the heart of our defence and along with King Carlos he was a rock.

Cheers Davie boy.

Where is Karl Svenson now by the way, and is Clement going to stay with the sinking PLG ship?

Kalle is currently in Caen, which is where he left for when he quit us. Caen has currently made it to Ligue 1.

well done weir, certainly done a great job!

I would still like to see us play davis ferguson and thomson in the middle and boyd beasley and another winger/striker in the 3rd position in a 4-3-3 that converts to 4-5-1 (tu)

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/articles/737836.html

Burnley are reportedly interested in signing Rangers centre-half David Weir this summer.

Weir, 38, looks set to lose his first-team place at Ibrox this summer when Walter Smith strenghtens his squad which could pave the way for the Scotland international to return south of the border.

Clarets chief Owen Coyle is looking for younger players but could turn to Weir in a player-coach capacity as he looks to add some know-how to his back four.

Weir joined Rangers in January 2007 from Everton but it's claimed his family are still based in the north west of England.

The Burnley fans seem to think this has something to do with the Lafferty deal. Hope not, he's pish.

Davie Weir has been a tremendous signing, if only he was 5 years younger. I'd love him as a coach.

I would also like to see him retained in some sort of coaching capacity but if he wants first team football it's unfair on the man to keep him here after the shift he's put in this season.

Good luck big chap, you'll always be welcome round here.