Kyle Lafferty

I couldn't give a fuck if Lafferty supported Rangers. The fact that he's meiocre and valued at £4-5m means I dont want him anywhere near Ibrox. He's not the quality we require and for that price you can get a hell of a lot better.

He's a pacier, taller Lee McCulloch with a better touch which is not hard.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is how many 20 years olds do you know with 5 international goals?

It's obvious he can cut it at the international stage, so why not sign him? The only problem is the price is a little steep.

That doesn't really mean much, he made his debut at 18 because Northern Ireland have David Healy and... being better than Warren Feeney and James Quinn doesn't mean he's worth 4 or 5 million.

this is a comment from a Burnley fan source...... http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...ave_burnley.php

"I say let him go, he does not score a lot of goals, even when played up front in HIS DESIRED position! We dont want player at the club who dont want to be here. Cash in OC! And as for the funds not being available form the sale, well lets just see what will happen. I estimate with this Lafferty sale, around 4million, we should have about a 7/8million warchest! Now if we dont recieve this then lets start moaning then. Remember we have just had 2 bids for Martin Patterson turned away and one for Andrew Driver, which was initially half a million! If player are not attracted to our club, and believe me they dont seem to be, due ton location, squad, and wage structure then there really is nothin Owen Coyle or the board can do.

LAFFERTY FVCK OFF YOU TURN COAT, WE DONT WANT YOU!!!!!!"

........well we dont want him either, 4 mill ur having a laugh

David Healy scores goals at international level but s crap at club level.

Lafferty has scored 5 in 15. Friendly v Finland, 2 against Georgia in a friendly, 1 against Sweden and the other against Liechtenstein.

This one's got me a bit bamboozled... the Burnley fans want rid of him.. he doesn't score much and both Rangers and Celtic want to sign him... what DOES he do well? And what makes Burnley think he's worth £4m+?!

This one's got me a bit bamboozled... the Burnley fans want rid of him.. he doesn't score much and both Rangers and Celtic want to sign him... what DOES he do well? And what makes Burnley think he's worth �4m+?!

he good on the karaoke at the club nights out

The thing is how many 20 years olds do you know with 5 international goals?

It's obvious he can cut it at the international stage, so why not sign him? The only problem is the price is a little steep.

That doesn't really mean much, he made his debut at 18 because Northern Ireland have David Healy and... being better than Warren Feeney and James Quinn doesn't mean he's worth 4 or 5 million.

I know Northern Ireland don't have a lot of options, but my point is he is making a good impact at international level. Scotland managed a big fat zero last time out against Georgia, Lafferty managed 2 goals.

The reason his price is high is for 3 reasons: 1 he is playing in England 2 he is an international 3 he is a very young player. Just think, how many 20 year old Scottish talents have 5 international goals, none and why? Because Kenny Miller is keeping them out.

I know Healy hasn't done well in the EPL, and Kenny Miller isn't the greatest at club level, but neither of them are 20 years old. This guy seems to have a lot of potential.

I must also point out, Lafferty has been playing on the left of midifled for Burnley, not up front so that might account for his lack of goals.

If we are going to sell Cousin though we are going to need another target man, and Lafferty seems to fit the bill, but that doesn't mean we don't need quality players around him providing him service. We most certainly do.

lafferty is way overpriced at 5 million what has this guy done to justify such a big transfer fee. our team is crying out for some good strikers and the 2 were looking to add have not even made it into double figures. i seen this guy play against arsenal in the fa cup and he looked a dead ringer for lee mcculloch surely there is better value and quality in europe.

i have to say if we could get him for £2m i would be happy, he has a lot of potential and hes a big strong lad who would cope well with the physical spl. I would far rather have him up front on his own than lee mcculloch as hes a lot more mobile than lee. Doesnt score that many goals but has scored a couple of really good ones that i have seen. No way would i pay £4m for him, he has potential but hes far from the finished article at the moment. I do think he would do well up here but we need a different type of striker to him but if we signed him and someone else NOT KENNY MISSER :angry2: then i think we would be doing well.

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow's Daily Record has Lafferty going to celtc with Riordan joining Burnley.

I honestly hope this is true. I dont want us wasting money on this streak of piss.

He is young, 6' 5" loads of POTENTIAL, but can he do the job now? Can he score goals? Why is he NOT playing up front for Burnley?

Is he a younger bigger Lee McCulloch?

Burnley like to play him on the left wing, so they can cross the ball in from the right and he will bomb in to the box and get his head on it. He scores from this very rarely so thats why he has scored so few goals. He plays well for NI but I wouldnt look in to that too much as David Healy, Sammy Clingan, Stephen Craigan and Warren Feeney always play well for NI, but are crap at club level, and play for diddy teams (Fulham, Notts forest, Motherwell, Luton).

Yes he is a bit similar to Lee McCulloch but he is actually a far better player. He would fit in with our long ball game perfectly, though Wattie would probably play him on the wing <_<

He is not worth any more than £2 million imo

Laffety would get plenty of goals in the spl and would be a treat in europe and his price isnt to bad as 5 to 6 mil is good for a player of his quality and he is a gers fan, i would rather have him than velicka who has no chance of claiming a first team start every week and i think we are just after him because of how cheap he would be but if we want to improve to a last eight in the champions league team we need to spend the money on lafferty.

Laffety would get plenty of goals in the spl and would be a treat in europe and his price isnt to bad as 5 to 6 mil is good for a player of his quality and he is a gers fan, i would rather have him than velicka who has no chance of claiming a first team start every week and i think we are just after him because of how cheap he would be but if we want to improve to a last eight in the champions league team we need to spend the money on lafferty.

fur fook sake who let you out the nut hoose?

5-6 million could get us pablo aimar or louis saha or sylvain wiltord or iveca olic (just examples btw) or plenty other quality players

he canny score for burnley yet you think he can get us to last 8 of champs league? ur having a laugh

tbh id rather have velicka,tried and tested at spl level,decent strike rate,and nowhere near a risk as lafferty is

Rangers have made a second offer for Burnley striker Kyle Lafferty.

The Ibrox club tabled a bid two weeks ago but now have increased that to a sum in excess of £3m.

Having signed Kenny Miller and Andrius Velicka within the last few days, Ibrox boss Walter Smith is hoping to make Lafferty, 20, his third summer capture.

Last week, Celtic had a bid for £2.75m plus Derek Riordan turned down by Burnley and Wolves are interested in the Northern Ireland international.

Lafferty has been on the books at Turf Moor since 2005, and has scored 10 goals in 56 appearances for Owen Coyle's men.

The forward, a lifelong Rangers fan, has already won 16 caps for his country, notching five goals and has said he is keen to further his career elsewhere

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ley/7451140.stm

Is he worth it folks? I mean is he better than Boyd?

Thoughts please.

bbc.co.uk/sport go to rangers says we have upped our bid hours after signing velicka to 3.5 million this is a fuking joke we dnt need anymore forwards ffs smith spend it on quality i am trueley bamboozeld if boyd goes i dnt go to ibrox