Sasa Papac

When he returns to full fitness after getting a full pre-season under his belt I would still rather see Smith in there. Papac has done incredibly well this season though.

Papac has done exceptionally well this season, he might not offer that much in the attacking department but he's rock solid defensively and has really turned into a great LB you can rely on. His positioning is superb.

Also his pen against Fiorentina was a cracker ;)

PAPAC LOYAL

From a big fan of Stevie Smith - Papac should not lose his place at LB. Has not put a foot worng this season, and has earned my respect.

he had a shocking spell before x-mas, but has worked extremely hard, before x-mas he couldnt kick a ball, now hes taking people on and having the odd shot, good on him, he is proof if you work hard you reap the rewards **coughs Broadfoot

I can remember Stevie Smith being better at going forward, but not as good as defending as Papac.

Papac covers the center of defence very well when Cuellar/Weir is out of position, does it naturally since he's a CH

One (of not the) best tackler at the club IMO. Very rarely see his miss time a tackle. Distibution is awful at times but can't argue with his defending.

At the beginning of this season I was saying "Papac - GTF" but to be completely fair, the guys done his job and done it well. I won't go as far to say he's great or amazing by any stretch, but he does what hes paid to do.

As JTP says, some of his passes and clearances are abysmal, but I suppose he has time to work on that.

Fair play to big Papac, he has done us very proud this year.

However, i would still go with wee Stevie Smith when he returns cos when we had him and Hutton at LB and RB, the attacking from defence meant minimal attacking from the opposition, and im sure Walter will go all out for a RB in the summer cos he won't stick with Broadfoot.

The fact that Walter played Whittaker at LB a few times, even when Papac was fit, leads you to believe he isn't exactly 100% behind the big man.

But as you have all said, well done to the big yin, and if it comes to the time when wee Stevie gets put to LB, i would have no problem with Papac moving back to his ORIGINAL position next to King Carlos in the middle cos he would not let us down, and would no doubt revel in the change.

We need a full back who can attack, im a fan of sasa, dont get me wrong, id even like to see him get a run out at CB as I was one of very few who posted about him playing there, but we all want a hutton-esque full back and whilst sasa offered that balance, if the opportunity arises (taiwo etc) to get a good attacking left back, we should jump right in there.

Give him a shot at centre back, his natural position.

Well said that man!!

maybe if weir goes papc can slot in at CB and stevie can go back to LB. Maybe?

Well said that man!!

Depends on Walter's plans and who he brings in during the summer but surely worth a try in one of the pre-season friendlies.

Well said that man!!

Noooooo!

He was absolutely brutal there under PLG.

Can't be any argument that Sasa has brought real consistency to his game this season. Always good to have a player that shows some compusure on the ball , and can always be relied on to keep to his man. Nothing spectacular from Sasa but he does ooze calm.