Marlon Harewood

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might sound strange, but I think he could be a good partner for Boyd in a 4-4-2, and he would also be able to play as a lone striker.

haha, could partner boyd..4-4-2... doh

I agree that it most likely would work, and would probably produce too.

but i also have this whole Walter Smith thing in my noggen too, he wont play 4-4-2, nor will he start boyd more than once in every 5 games..

However, in walter we trust.. I'm sure he'll produce the goods by next seasons start

:rangers:

This might sound strange, but I think he could be a good partner for Boyd in a 4-4-2, and he would also be able to play as a lone striker.

haha, could partner boyd..4-4-2... doh

I agree that it most likely would work, and would probably produce too.

but i also have this whole Walter Smith thing in my noggen too, he wont play 4-4-2, nor will he start boyd more than once in every 5 games..

However, in walter we trust.. I'm sure he'll produce the goods by next seasons start

:rangers:

I think if Walter can get the right personnel in for the new season then I think he'll play 4-4-2 in most of the SPL games, with possibly reverting to a 4-5-1 formation for certain matches and Europe.

Wouldnt be the worst signing, I'd rather have him than Kenny Miller. Then again Id rather stick a concrete post in the penalty box than Kenny Miller, at least it might get a few deflections.

at £2Mil id rather have habib, they probably want £4M for harewood :rolleyes:

id still take harewood at good price but oneill wont sell to us

I was thinking that myself, if Villa think this guy habib is good enough as a replacement if not better, then why don't we bid for him, at least we can offer him European football?

Nearly put my foot through the screen trying to crush your bug!

His Agent has confirmed our interest :)

Premier League new boys Stoke City are chasing Aston Villa striker Marlon Harewood.

The 28-year-old has struggled for regular football at Villa Park since his £4million move from West Ham United last summer.

He started just once in the Premier League last season, although Villa boss Martin O'Neill is not looking to move Harewood on.

However, the forward's agent Phil Sproson says Stoke, along with Fulham and Rangers, are interested in the former Nottingham Forest man.

Going nowhere

"Marlon has been linked with about four or five clubs, but at the moment he's going nowhere," Sproson told The Sentinel.

"He's a Villa player and Martin O'Neill isn't looking to get him out of the building.

"That was certainly what came from conversations we had with Villa in January and nothing has changed...unless Villa bring in another top striker. Things might change then.

"We know Stoke are interested in Marlon, but clubs like Fulham and Rangers are also interested, so it's a case of watch this space.

"If Villa were to say Marlon was surplus to requirements, there certainly wouldn't be a shortage of clubs looking at him."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11788_3625824,00.html

Meanwhile, Aston Villa hit man Marlon Harewood's agent says Gers are interested in a swoop for the £4million rated striker.

typical really of them to ask for more money than the player they are buying to replace him...

He is a good player, he'd score for fun up here, has pace, works his bollocks off anf can find the back of the net, I did say in another thread about him that id pay no more than 3mill! But it wouldnt be the end of the world if we paid 4