Prem trio in hunt for Hemdani

Premier League rivals Fulham, Middlesbrough and Sunderland are all being linked with a summer swoop for Rangers midfielder Brahim Hemdani.

The French-born Algerian schemer has reportedly been put up for sale by the Ibrox club as boss Walter Smith begins to reshape his squad for next season.

Hemdani joined the Gers in the summer of 2005 on a free transfer from Marseille, but only has a year left on his current deal. Rangers don't want to lose the player for nothing next summer so would prefer to cash in on the defensive midfielder now and can expect a fee of around £1million.

Hemdani made 35 appearances for Rangers this season as the club won both the Scottish Cup and the CIS Cup, but the season ultimately ended in disappointment for the Ibrox side after they lost the UEFA Cup final to Zenit St Petersburg and finished runners-up to Celtic in the Scottish Premier League.

Boro boss Gareth Southgate and Fulham chief Roy Hodgson are both known admirers of Hemdani, while it is also thought the player could interest Sunderland manager Roy Keane, with uncertainty surrounding the fitness of Dickson Etuhu, who is not sure of being fit for the start of the season.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...3625477,00.html

3 nothing clubs. Wow, Hemdani has such career prospects ahead of him.

Nothing Clubs Ok .

Good luck to who him should he move to EPL . Would be good seeing him play down there .

Guest The Brown Brogue

Getting paid probably 20 grand a week in one of the best leagues in the world isn't a bad prospect at all and I'd be very surprised if your career prospects are anywhere close to that.

He's not great but i still think we're under-valuing most of our players when we're continously being told to "splash the cash" if we want to the land the players we're after.

Aye let him go for the right price.

Not overly impressed by the people we're keeping and going for.

Keeping Broadfoot and Adam and going for Lafferty and Miller..............is anyone else concerned or is it too early to speculate.

Getting paid probably 20 grand a week in one of the best leagues in the world isn't a bad prospect at all and I'd be very surprised if your career prospects are anywhere close to that.

Agreed lol.

Sadly it's a step up in quality him moving down there.

TBH he's been pish last few months, good time to give him the boot me thinks.

Yeah, Middlesbrough (who got to the UEFA cup final like we did are a nothing club) doh We could only dream about having players like Alves, Tuncay, Wheater and Huth.

I think he would rather play for a mid table Premiership team against the world's best players, instead of playing against the dross of the SPL.

in his first season he was probably our best player. never wasted a pass .

Was amazing against Lyon away aswell . Feel sorry for him . One of my favourite players . I dont like to see him missing out over Dailly , pisses me off . And if hes just going to be used Mainly for Europe then we shouldnt have him .

Aye let him go for the right price.

Not overly impressed by the people we're keeping and going for.

Keeping Broadfoot and Adam and going for Lafferty and Miller..............is anyone else concerned or is it too early to speculate.

Too early mate. Its all speculation at the moment.

Broadfoot is still young, and, they say defenders arent in their prime til later, so, perhaps he will come good in time, a bit like Craig Moore!

Adam, as above, still has time on his side, and, played more centrally, with his passing and less need for pace, could do a job, squad wise

I know fek all about lafferty, and, the miller things seems to be paper talk, since neither the player, his agent or club have had any contact from us (hopefully it stays that way)

Maybe my age, but, I wont start worrying until we actually sign someone, or, if we havent signed what we need by the last week of August

As for Hemdani, I quite like him, but, he is not the player you want in your side for any kind of attacking football, he breaks up and spoils attacking moves better than opposition defenders!

• 2 weeks later...

hasnt had his best season for us but playing every couple of weeks didnt help him. £1m is nothin for him even with a year left on his contract. We should be looking for a minimum of double that. I am fed up with us letting players go for far too little. We dont have that much money yet we seem to be happy to let players leave in cut price deals then pay over the odds for others. Sort it out bain its not rocket science, the more we get for our players the more we have to spend on new players. If hemdani was at celtic they would be looking for a minimum of £2.5m and would get it as well.

Take the money and RLF!

Thought he was largely piss-poor last season.

What the bloody hell does RLF mean????

Raise the flag???

Rob the Fen**ns??

Roger the Fuds??

Run Like FCUK.

Correct (tu)