Give Gazza a job Walter

andyboy66

There is nobody better in this world at looking after Paul Gascoigne than Walter Smith. He even had him round for Xmas dinner when at the Gers cos Gazza was on his own. Personally speaking he is the best player I have ever seen in the flesh in a Rangers shirt. Surely there is something Rangers can do to help him. I know Rangers have to concentrate on the club, but if we can't help our own in a time of absolute desperation, then for fuck sake something's wrong. The guy has always said that he eats sleeps and breathes football. Rangers are in his blood. He had one of the best spells in his career at our club, surely he has something to offer either the reserves or the young guys coming through. I think he would be awesome as a coaching assistant.

PLEASE RANGERS HELP HIM BEFORE WE LOSE HIM!!

God bless you Paul - You ARE a legend.

Get well soon mate

:unionflag: :rangers::rangers:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree, the man needs some guidance BADLY. He clearly misses the day-to-day of football so much. Walter was probably the one manager who could control him - I think it would be a nice gesture - wouldn't have to be a big role.

Nope, it's way past that stage.

It would have a detremental effect on the team having what is in effect a ghost amongst them.

He badly needs professional help, even that is too little too late in my opinion.

It's heartbreaking

Why should we?

We done enough for Gascoigne through the years and as much as it's a shame to see him this way we need to snap out of the jobs-for-the-boys mentality.

For fuck sake with friends like you who needs enemies, sickening.

We done enough for him? What about what he did for us?

He delivered, and a lot of todays pish want to take a look at that

I'm sorry but as much as i love gazza it pains me to say this, the guy is a lost cause, he's had chances to sort his life and himself out but has he taken them?

NOPE

Just like jim baxter, i gave up hope for this guy after many liver transplants and binges.

If they don't want to be help'd then there's not anything we can do about it

Why should we?

We done enough for Gascoigne through the years and as much as it's a shame to see him this way we need to snap out of the jobs-for-the-boys mentality.

For fuck sake with friends like you who needs enemies, sickening.

We done enough for him? What about what he did for us?

He delivered, and a lot of todays pish want to take a look at that

How it sickening?

We arent all like you.

Many others have more or less said the same thing as me. If you dont like it then go back to making daisy chains in that la la land you live in.

You think 10 minutes with Gazza will turn the young boys into mini Gazza's that can run the length of the pitch and score and do you think that after training Gazza would just go home to a good book?

Nope, it's way past that stage.

It would have a detremental effect on the team having what is in effect a ghost amongst them.

He badly needs professional help, even that is too little too late in my opinion.

It's heartbreaking

Agreed. Giving him a job at Rangers isn't going to improve his situation at all. The guy has some very very deep problems... :(

I think maybe when walter and ally came back he could have been given a role. I think the stability of coming into work everyday having a purpose would do him good

I think maybe when walter and ally came back he could have been given a role. I think the stability of coming into work everyday having a purpose would do him good

Did he not have that at Boston mate? and got sacked for drinking on the job.

I'm ptretty sure that Walter and Ally and a lot of others connected with Rangers have offered him plenty support over the years.

bringing him back to the club is not the answer for him though.

All the best gazza, the best, imo, to have ever pulled on a gers top.

dont know if bringing gazza back to glasgow would be of any benefit to him at this present time in his rehabilitation process

good luck gazza hope your getting better

I agree with that kpl but I think if he had something to aim for then it would be a huge help to him.

dont know if bringing gazza back to glasgow would be of any benefit to him at this present time in his rehabilitation process

good luck gazza hope your getting better

Sadly, I think you are right. I don't think Glasgow and the West of Scotland with so many bitter tims would be good for him.

Ultimately, only Paul Gascoigne can save himself.

ive read all of the above and can see the logic behind both arguments, here's my spin on it for whats its worth................

we are a football club not a rehab clinic for ex players who have lost there way in life, that said gazza was one on the best players i have seen at the brox over the last ten years, laudrup and him share that mantle, i cant pay the guy any higer compliment than that.

if the club are to do anything i think an offer of a coaching role or something of that nature should be offered if he gets his life sorted out, it could be as simple as that, if gazza wants back that bad that could be enough.

even a role in the hospitality side could be a possibility, we have alan mclaren there and he couldn't lace gazza boots, no disrepect to him but thats a fact. although you may have to keep the man away from the brandy decanter!!!!!!

anyway i think we should look after our great players when they fall on troubled times, in gazzas case he should get clean,get his head sorted out and prove he is worth a place at murray park or ibrox. watty should offer this and see how he responds, at least the club will be seen to try and get the guy back on track.....

as my old dad used to say,

"thats not a badge i have upon my chest

its the Glasgow Rangers family crest"

wrtp.

:unionflag:

thats right turn our back when one of our own needs help.

In what way M?

i just feel we should at least try something to help him, even getting him to scout for players just try something, and if that fails at least we tried.

Gazza's issues are far more deep rooted than simply not having football in his life.

He is in real danger of ending up in an early grave and he needs to focus and concentrate on sorting his head and life out before he even thinks about becoming involved in football again.

If can get over these problems, and I hope to god he does, then I am certain that there will be plenty of people willing to offer him the opportunity to become involved in football again.

thats right turn our back when one of our own needs help.

In what way M?

i just feel we should at least try something to help him, even getting him to scout for players just try something, and if that fails at least we tried.

Give him some sort of mudane role (for the sake of trying to help him) that's no help to us - he gets bored and feels used and un-important.... might make him worse.